PDA

View Full Version : obd0 to obd2 conversion

crhatchzc
11-08-2007, 08:16 AM
ok well i have all of my swap done except for the engine harness wirring i got boomslang ecu jumper but im havning problems with the wirring if anyone knows how to do the wirring and wouldnt mind helping i will pay i know i can send it off to rywire but they told me since i have a boomslang ecu jumper that i would have to sell it and get a rywire one theres the problem im runnin alittle low on cash so like i said if anyone coule help

jfrolang
11-08-2007, 10:38 AM
What engine and ECU?

EvasiveEF9
11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
GO WITH OBD1! If it's not too late...

OBD1 is SO much better than OBD2...

And I know of someone that could help, but i don't know how much he'd run...and you'd have to bring the harnesses to me...but I guarantee its quality.

bigdare23
11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Why obd2? Most people dummy the engine down to obd1 and update their cars to obd1.

crhatchzc
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
obd2 gsr with obd1 p28 ecu well i would bring it down to obd1 but i dont have the money for another dizzy right now so im just gonna wire it up to obd2 but i found out how to wire everything up i think

Grimm Reeper
11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
obd2 gsr with obd1 p28 ecu well i would bring it down to obd1 but i dont have the money for another dizzy right now so im just gonna wire it up to obd2 but i found out how to wire everything up i think
I feel you on that Drew, that's why I left mines the way it is besides getting low balled for my OBD2 VTEC Dizzy, that took me a while to find........Fawk that :lmfao:

:thinking: So which wiring harness do you have on the engine connecting to your stock harness?

crhatchzc
11-08-2007, 11:23 PM
I feel you on that Drew, that's why I left mines the way it is besides getting low balled for my OBD2 VTEC Dizzy, that took me a while to find........Fawk that :lmfao:

:thinking: So which wiring harness do you have on the engine connecting to your stock harness?

obd2 gsr engine harness but i figured everything out all i have to change is the dizzy plug and the altanator plug

Vteckidd
11-08-2007, 11:41 PM
i think i talked to you today.

all you have to do is repin the OBD2 distributor down to OBD1, and use your conversion harness with your ecu.

im not 100% sure but i think the alternator plug is different on the OBD2 engine compared to the OBD0.

youll basically use your OBD0 SI HARNESS on the ENGINE, and just repin the dizzy and plug it all in. you might have to extend a few wires for some sensors but thats about it.

good luck

EvasiveEF9
11-09-2007, 07:13 AM
I trust Mr. Kidd.

(even if he did ban me for a month :( )