PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt title question

DaMaGe ZWK
11-08-2007, 07:37 AM
I found a truck that im interested in... only problem is that it has a rebuilt title... It was rebuilt in Alabama... from what hear, you have to get it inspected again by GA before you can get the title transfered and can drive it. Not sure if this is true but I would like to know before i decide to buy it. It got rebuilt in AL, a guy in TN bought it, and now im planning to buy it from him... Thanks in advance for your help...

cdhtang
11-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, you have to re-inspect it in ga. My friend did that a year ago.

dickdragon
11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
i know someone who needs that too. please keep me posted

SE-Rious1
11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
yes its true but just know unless its a super badass truck or a classic rebuild titles kill the value when resale :(

DaMaGe ZWK
11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
thanks guys... reps to yall for the info

93H22ACX
11-08-2007, 07:39 PM
yep..that is true. I bought a car from FL with a rebuilt title and had to get it inspected. You have to take it to a salvage yard (must leave it for about 4 days) or pay $120 and wait like 1 month or so for them to come out to your place to inspect it. EVERY SAFETY FEATURE MUST WORK or they will deny it.

Its more trouble than its worth...

xlilvi3tx
11-08-2007, 07:44 PM
its true. my cousin bought a rebuilt title car in NC and bought it down here. u have to get it inspected

chituntang
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Yep, my friend's s2k's stock seat belts does not work and even he uses a 4 point seat belts, it failed. You cannot not use any aftermarket parts to bypass the stock ones for safety inspection.

allmotoronly
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I would stay away from anything with a rebuilt title. I speak from experience when I say that they are a pain in the ass to sell when you get tired of it. No dealer will take it on a trade, and nobody wants to buy it from you unless its dirt cheap. Even fairly new cars with a rebuilt title are a pain in the ass to get rid of.