PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 8053 High end Head Unit for sale

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I will begin with a disclaimer. I am buying another unit from a fellow IA'er. Just as soon as I finalize that deal, I'm waiting on him getting that one out, THEN I will be able to finalize the deal with whomever buys this from me.

With that said, I'm going to sell my beloved Eclipse 8053 HU. For those that don't know, this was Eclipse's top-of-the-line unit a couple of years ago. It is a "DEAD HEAD" unit, which means it puts out zero wattage and you MUST HAVE an amp. It is designed this way because it is an audiophile unit. It was designed with sound quality in mind FIRST. I absolutely LOVE my HU, but will have no use for it after I get the new one. For those that don't know me personally, I am anal about my car things. I don't buy cheap things and take very good care of them when I do. I am asking $300 O.B.O.

Here are the specs, per a quick google check:

Balanced outputs
High voltage 16V/8V and low impedance outputs
All digital circuitry
STAR DSP (newly designed Digital Signal Processor)
24-bit advanced multi-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
CD-R/CD-RW compatibility
MP3 playback using optional ECLIPSE Commander Advance
Full dot VF display
Power tilting front panel
Digital input
<LI>Auxiliary input

<LI>Eclipse car audio CD8053 power output

<LI>High voltage 16V/8V Balanced Line Pre-Amp Only

<LI>Eclipse car audio CD8053 CD features

24-bit advanced multi-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
CD-R/RW Compatible
ECLIPSE Memory Buffer
CD Text
CD Name Preset
Track Scan
Track Up/Down
Fast Up/Down
Repeat
<LI>Random Play

<LI>Eclipse car audio CD8053 tuner features

PLL Frequency Synthesized Electric Tuner
ECLIPSE STARTUNER V
24 Station Presets (18FM/6AM)
Preset Scan
Auto Station Memory (ASM)
UP/Down Auto Seek
One-Touch Station Memory
<LI>Auto Local/Distant Seek Sensitivity

<LI>Eclipse car audio CD8053 audio features

Independent Bass/Mid/Treble Memory for each Source
Balance Control
Fader & Pre-Amp Fader Control
Loudness
Mute
3 Pairs of RCA Pre-Amp Outputs

Any questions, ask. Don't like my asking price, that's why it's OBO. I'm looking for more specific specs, and will post them as soon as I get them.

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I vouch. I've watched this radio in action on many occasions. Later, QD.

The Yousef
11-07-2007, 10:53 PM
i have also watched this radio on occasion...while trying to keep Jaime from touching my special spot...

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Forgot to add:

It has built in 24db crossover.
It has EQ.
It has also Time Alignment, which is uber cool for the audiophiles. If you don't know what it is, it allows you to set a delay to the speakers to make for a true sound stage. Lots of HU's NOW have something similar where they give you a choice of "where" in the car you are so it makes it sound "better" there. This unit has it where you can literally add or subtract millisecs of delay to your liking.
It also comes with the REMOTE control.
I will deliver to you in it's original box BTW.

It also has the ESN to protect your unit. Even thieves know what this is. Anytime the power is interrupted, it goes into security mode. It can only be turned back on one of two ways: By the "security disc" YOU picked before or the DEALER has to call in to Eclipse to get the proper code to "unlock" it. It works. I've tripped it a couple of times and it's a PITA to get it reset again. I have a security disc programmed now to avoid the long way around.

Anyway, I'll keep adding as I remember features.

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2007, 10:56 PM
i have also watched this radio on occasion...while trying to keep Jaime from touching my special spot...

Hey you....camel humper.....where's my S3 copies? :D

quickdodgeŽ
11-07-2007, 11:03 PM
He gave them to me. Later, QD.

The Yousef
11-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey you....camel humper.....where's my S3 copies? :D

up my arse...u want'em? ;)

Jaimecbr900
11-07-2007, 11:08 PM
up my arse...u want'em? ;)

Not the ones you sneak into the prison as contraband, but some fresh clean ones will do.....:goodjob: :D

The Yousef
11-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Not the ones you sneak into the prison as contraband, but some fresh clean ones will do.....:goodjob: :D

touche.

:lmfao:

importkid4sho
11-07-2007, 11:56 PM
nice gs interior if i had money i would take that off your hands!

AtifSajid
11-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Forgot to add:

It has built in 24db crossover.
It has EQ.
It has also Time Alignment, which is uber cool for the audiophiles. If you don't know what it is, it allows you to set a delay to the speakers to make for a true sound stage. Lots of HU's NOW have something similar where they give you a choice of "where" in the car you are so it makes it sound "better" there. This unit has it where you can literally add or subtract millisecs of delay to your liking.
It also comes with the REMOTE control.
I will deliver to you in it's original box BTW.

It also has the ESN to protect your unit. Even thieves know what this is. Anytime the power is interrupted, it goes into security mode. It can only be turned back on one of two ways: By the "security disc" YOU picked before or the DEALER has to call in to Eclipse to get the proper code to "unlock" it. It works. I've tripped it a couple of times and it's a PITA to get it reset again. I have a security disc programmed now to avoid the long way around.

Anyway, I'll keep adding as I remember features.

CAN U SAY GEEEEK

Jaimecbr900
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
CAN U SAY GEEEEK

:2up: You need to quit hatin' and just buy this from me, biotch! :2up:

BTW, your present is in my glove box waiting on you.....;) :goodjob: