PDA

View Full Version : When will people ever learn......

Leisa
07-26-2005, 06:09 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Woman killed as speeding car hits taxi

Associated Press
Published on: 07/26/05
DeKalb County authorities are investigating an accident in which a passenger inside a taxi van was killed when the taxi slammed into a building after being hit by a car that was racing another car.

The woman died at the scene after she was ejected from the vehicle after it crashed into a building just after 11 p.m. Monday

Authorities arrested the driver of one of the cars at the scene, but the driver of the second vehicle fled.

DeKalb police Lt. Doug Wilson said a red and silver Ford Mustang was traveling between 80 and 90 mph. Authorities believe the car was racing with another vechile.

The driver of the taxi was making a left turn when it was struck by the Mustang. Authorities have not released the name of the woman who was killed.

babygurl
07-26-2005, 06:11 AM
this is why you dont street race....i hope they find that fucker wrapped around a pole....

Brett
07-26-2005, 06:29 AM
People will never learn to keep the shit off the street

silver
07-26-2005, 07:53 AM
I know.. I heard that on the radio this morning.. That's just really sad on the womans part that she had to suffer from someone else's stupidity!!!

Did you also hear about the little boy that wondered from an apartment into the road and got hit and killed by a car... the sad thing was that his mother was at northside giving birth to a little girl... I thought that was sad... The news on the radio this morning was kinda more depressing than usual...

Kristi
07-26-2005, 07:54 AM
yea it will keep happening. people never learn.

Jaimecbr900
07-26-2005, 09:30 AM
I saw that on the news last night. It happened on Buford Hwy. What genius races down Buford Hwy at 10 p.m.? Anytime for that matter. Buford Hwy????? :rolleyes:

boosted1jz
07-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I know.. I heard that on the radio this morning.. That's just really sad on the womans part that she had to suffer from someone else's stupidity!!!

Did you also hear about the little boy that wondered from an apartment into the road and got hit and killed by a car... the sad thing was that his mother was at northside giving birth to a little girl... I thought that was sad... The news on the radio this morning was kinda more depressing than usual...

:( that does suck!! never even get to meet your younger sibling :( and not have a chance at life :( wow.... my heart goes out to all the families that were affected by these unfortunant events

chris

Evadethishonda
07-26-2005, 01:15 PM
:( it ashame about the little boy

HEATON
07-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Thats why you dont ride in Taxis..Kiddin..But seriously how many ppl do you think actually buckle up while in one...

civic95
07-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Second lesson here is WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!

That was a contributing factor to her death, of course you won't hear the news say that.

CRVTech
07-26-2005, 01:37 PM

That was a contributing factor to her death, of course you won't hear the news say that.

Exactly. And I hate people who say that seat belts who harm more than they help. Every person I've known that has died in a car wreck did not have their seat belt on. Everyone of them was ejected from the car. One was actually decapitated by the impact suffered from hitting the dashboard/windshield. More than enough of a reason to make me buckle up. :(

HEATON
07-26-2005, 02:52 PM

you won't hear the news say that.

Did they say she didnt wear it? I was lookin for that but couldnt find it...

kilpatty43
07-26-2005, 02:55 PM
how many people in a taxi do you see wear a seatbelt???

but it is a tragedy

HEATON
07-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Ummmmmm didnt i say that from the beginning?..lol I DEFF wear mien here..bc the Taxi goes like 115 MPH..CRAZY!!!

HyPer50
07-26-2005, 03:21 PM
She definatly should of worn her seatbelt. Being hit by a car is unpreventable, but wearing a seatbelt is a good precaution.

HEATON
07-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Did it eva say she WASNT wearin one? jus curious...

99ITRGIRL
07-26-2005, 04:48 PM
yep, it will keep happening...

HyPer50
07-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Did it eva say she WASNT wearin one? jus curious...

Well you generally arent EJECTED from a car if you are wearing your seat belt properly and it is functioning as it should.

Kevykev
07-26-2005, 06:23 PM
wow, sad!

Leisa
07-26-2005, 06:27 PM
yes it is very sad... I will be honest, I used to never wear my seatbelt.. but now I wear it all the time... you never know

HEATON
07-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Well you generally arent EJECTED from a car if you are wearing your seat belt properly and it is functioning as it should.

And Generaly Taxis arent struck by racing Stand but shit happens..

ahmonrah
07-27-2005, 01:10 PM
i've always worn my seatbelt, but for a little while i began to loathe wearing it. that is, until i got rear ended twice, once by a 80s' model chevy dually, and the second time by a AA member that confessed that a few years before , he would've been drinking AND driving, that car was totalled (RIP 96 dodge intrepid), then t-boned on pleasantdale rd, after those 3 incidents i rekindled my wavering love for the seatbelt!

HyPer50
07-27-2005, 01:13 PM
And Generaly Taxis arent struck by racing Stand but shit happens..

Ya... but one is preventable, one isn't. Thats all I'm saying. You can't help being struck by a street racer, but wearing a seat belt sure would of helped her out.

civic95
07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Ya... but one is preventable, one isn't. Thats all I'm saying. You can't help being struck by a street racer, but wearing a seat belt sure would of helped her out.

Exactly. She probably wouldn't have died since her older inlaws were not seriously injured. The van didn't look that damaged either. They were both breaking the law (racer and woman). Now if she died wearing her seatbelt charge him with vehicular homicide, but her neglegence played a factor in this as well.