PDA

View Full Version : CV Axle Tq. Spec on 90-93 Accord?

b17a1db2
11-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I need tq. specs on 90-93 accord, please.. I've tried searching but no luck.. reps to anyone w/ useful information... thanks.

b17a1db2
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
180 ft. lbs? i've searched a little longer, and that's what i've found? could someone verify that?

EmminoDaGreat
11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
sounds alil high but prob around there

b17a1db2
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
it does sound a little high... i know 134 is for the 32mm civic/integra spindle nut...

b17a1db2
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EmminoDaGreat again.

Init2winit
11-06-2007, 10:26 PM
****ing tight.

Barefoot
11-07-2007, 02:54 AM
**** it just hit that ***** with an impact call it a day. welcome to shop life.

b17a1db2
11-07-2007, 05:06 PM
**** it just hit that ***** with an impact call it a day. welcome to shop life.

i ain't gonna do that, cause it ain't my car... I'm gonna do it right, or not do it all all. what's shop life, fuc king sh!t up, by using improper methods?

Barefoot
11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
i ain't gonna do that, cause it ain't my car... I'm gonna do it right, or not do it all all. what's shop life, fuc king sh!t up, by using improper methods?
**** that times money hit that ***** with an impact

Init2winit
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
i ain't gonna do that, cause it ain't my car... I'm gonna do it right, or not do it all all. what's shop life, ****ing sh!t up, by using improper methods?I've put literally thousands of axle nuts on with an impact, and never have had one **** up, or fail. There is a torque spec for everything, but some things just aren't necessary. While you're over there trying to keep the wheel from turning, and the car from rolling while torquing it by hand, I'm buzzing mine on with the impact, and cleaning up my tools!;)

Noir
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I need tq. specs on 90-93 accord, please.. I've tried searching but no luck.. reps to anyone w/ useful information... thanks.

if you still need em let me know, i can post that tomorrow at work.

b17a1db2
11-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I've put literally thousands of axle nuts on with an impact, and never have had one **** up, or fail. There is a torque spec for everything, but some things just aren't necessary. While you're over there trying to keep the wheel from turning, and the car from rolling while torquing it by hand, I'm buzzing mine on with the impact, and cleaning up my tools!;)

i have it sorta tight, put the wheel on, let the car down, pull up the e-brake... i have big ass center caps on it.. i pop the center cap off, torque it down, and i'm done.. i'm not nuts about tq. specs for everything.. like i'm not gonna ask what's the tq. spec for some random 10mm somewhere.. so it doesn't take long at all.. i get what you are saying, some things you really don't need it for, and on my personal car, i tight the nut down a whole lot, and that's fine w/ me.. but this is for someone else, and i have courtesy to take extra steps in doing better work on someone else's car...

b17a1db2
11-07-2007, 08:28 PM
if you still need em let me know, i can post that tomorrow at work.

Yes, Please if you wouldn't mind.. Thanks.

Init2winit
11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
181 ft/lbs is the torque, btw.

Barefoot
11-08-2007, 06:52 AM
but this is for someone else, and i have courtesy to take extra steps in doing better work on someone else's car...
u would never make it in a dealership im sry to say. the axle nut its hit with an impact just about ever shop in the world. from the time i started working on cars in high school till now 10 years later ive hit it with impact every time. an seen it done 1000s of times by other techs no problems ever. if your to talk the extra time and care id put it into some other part of the car time management.

b17a1db2
11-08-2007, 04:20 PM
u would never make it in a dealership im sry to say. the axle nut its hit with an impact just about ever shop in the world. from the time i started working on cars in high school till now 10 years later ive hit it with impact every time. an seen it done 1000s of times by other techs no problems ever. if your to talk the extra time and care id put it into some other part of the car time management.

you know what. i don't give a FU CK.. i'm never gonna work at a dealership, and i don't want too.. that's why i work on my own stuff, and i'm sure it's fine like that, but i do things my way.

Barefoot
11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
you know what. i don't give a FU CK.. i'm never gonna work at a dealership, and i don't want too.. that's why i work on my own stuff, and i'm sure it's fine like that, but i do things my way.
i think i touched a nerve