PDA

View Full Version : Deployment

highspeed
11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Who here has been deployed.....I am leaving in 3 wks to deploy with the 304mp BN and just wondering what people have to say about it...my brother went a couple of years ago and he liked and hated it all at the same time......I will be north of Bagdad at a prison and will also be doing patrols......input needed to ease my mind.....thanx guys and gurls

redrumracer
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
ive had several friends deployed over there, one came back alright and he partially enjoyed especially the money he made. another went there and came back early when his hum vee got hit with a rocket launcher, not and ied, he stayed a while in the German hospitals and made a full recovery, and the other just went over there on an 18 month deployment and is enjoying as best as he can for doing the same **** everyday. so take that as you want and thank you and good luck.

Lotte
11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
i was there for OIF III in baghdad. i stayed there for one year went through all the seasons. spring time it rains and it will get muddy as fcuk. they didnt have any sewer system and the iraqi's throw there trash on their front yard so rain + trash = shiet. summer is the worst cause it rosed to 140 degrees and when your in full combat gear a lot of little things will get annoying. when the sun hits your face it will burn. fall and winter is cold and windy as hell at night. the only thing thats good is the money. good luck over at the sand box.

RandomGuy
11-06-2007, 09:17 PM
good luck

(dont mind the pic... its just humor, you'll be OK)

nreggie454
11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I have no advice to give other than be careful out there. Also, reps for you for going over there.

AlanŽ
11-06-2007, 11:40 PM
thank you for the service that you provide from a military brat to a soldier. What branch are you out of curiosity reps also

highspeed
11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
thank you for the service that you provide from a military brat to a soldier. What branch are you out of curiosity reps also

First off thanks everyone.....I am in the army...have been for 6 yrs now...before 9/11. I spent 4 yrs active in ft. huachuca AZ which is literally about as south as you can go in AZ and still be in the U.S. and never once got called to go to Iraq or Afganistan.....Now I am in the reserves and I train new soldiers up here at the North GA collega and State university. Just ended up on a roster and got the call. I don't mind going because i have never gone and many of my friends have gone. I really appreciate the support that you all offer.thanks

"B"
11-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Who here has been deployed.....I am leaving in 3 wks to deploy with the 304mp BN and just wondering what people have to say about it...my brother went a couple of years ago and he liked and hated it all at the same time......I will be north of Bagdad at a prison and will also be doing patrols......input needed to ease my mind.....thanx guys and gurls

I was deployed to Turkey for OIF I and Iraq for OIF II. Things have changed so much there in terms of living conditions, that it isn't even funny. One of my former soldiers was there last year and he had wireless Internet in his room. He had to buy the satalite dish and everything, but he had it in his room.

My time in Iraq flew by so quickly. I was there for 14 months and was able to pay off all my bills and save up over $10,000 to pay off my mustang as well. Iraq is what you make of it. If you go over there wanting to hate it, you are going to hate it.

I had a blast over there. I went on patrols/gun truck missions several times a week. I had a 34 inch TV with a stereo and my xbox when I was there. We playe dominos and spades damn near every night. We had alcohol and threw several parties a month.

Like I said, I had a blast.

joecoolfreak
11-07-2007, 09:16 AM
"B" said it about as good as can be said. I did two one year tours over in Iraq and the best advice is to keep your head down and make the best of the situation. Save as much money as you can and you will do just fine. I wish you the best of luck.

"B"
11-07-2007, 09:20 AM
**** that "keep your head down" ****.

When I was over there, we would stand up in our 5-ton gun trucks with no kevlar. We would take off our body armor while we were on the road. We had a ****ing ball. Of course we were pretty ****ing luck y to not get killed too.

We had a truck run over an mine and the **** not go off. We had an IED go off on a fuel tanker (dumb ****in haji could have taken out the people in the cab, but figured the fuel would make a bigger "boom". Too bad for his stupid ass that it was diesel fuel).