PDA

View Full Version : Is your job like Office Space...?

4dmin
11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Is your job like Office Space...?

Do you have to take ridiculously long lunches to kill time?

Do you have 5+ different bosses?

Does is seem like everyone around you is an idiot?

etc...

Man i just got off a 2 hour lunch and now I have to figure out how to zone out for the next 2.5 hours till i go home. I keep thinking to myself I am no longer cut out for this office life... I need to find a new career... I AM SO BORED!!! I keep thinking about that CareerBuilder commercial "Surviving the work week!".

§treet_§peed
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
i wish i had a bomb ass job like that lolol

4dmin
11-06-2007, 01:43 PM
i wish i had a bomb ass job like that lolol

i don't know man, i think anything could be better at this point... i left a job b/c it was like this and now my current job is very similar... i need a career change or some real work to do.

§treet_§peed
11-06-2007, 01:45 PM
but how much do you make Paul? i make **** and i work 12 hour days now but hey i finally got a bike so some of this has paid off and i start a job at sear this week then i'll end up moving to this other job working for Duron color hopefully next month

ilovemyhonda.
11-06-2007, 01:46 PM
i hate my job. i work in a call center close to being like an office job only i take calls ALLLL DAYYY long and its so aggravating. sometimes we are so busy, i cant even think. it would be different if i had like little projects to do or stuff to type and have deadlines or whatever, but this talking with idiots all day is getting old. i want to quit all the time, but cant till i find something that pays the same or better because i have a little man to take care of..he's the only one keeping me here.. otherwise i would have quit the next day after i started.

§treet_§peed
11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
i wish i had a job were i make bomb ass money and it was office work lol

4dmin
11-06-2007, 01:52 PM
but how much do you make Paul? i make **** and i work 12 hour days now but hey i finally got a bike so some of this has paid off and i start a job at sear this week then i'll end up moving to this other job working for Duron color hopefully next month

i do ok, i make good money when i do work on the side b/c it is TAX FREE :D

§treet_§peed
11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
^^ lol smart man.. you need to hook me up son :goodjob: :D

Ran
11-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Do you have to take ridiculously long lunches to kill time?An hour lunch everyday. Although, it feels like I'm always on lunch due to boredom.

Do you have 5+ different bosses?4, I think. Maybe 5 but I'm not sure.

Does is seem like everyone around you is an idiot?Nah, most here are pretty cool. Although listening to them talk about the last episode of Heroes for hours at a time gets pretty old.

AtifSajid
11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
My job is cool. I got one boss, who hardly ever looks over me. I take lunches sometimes 2 hours, but usually 1 hour 15 min. I just push my Profile Computers business 90% of the time or find other things to hustle. But I do have work also. I usually work like 3 hours in a 8 hour shift.

I think I got it made. I make descent money. Make sometimes more money on the side.

But no one is ever satisfied.

Dracc
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
yo.. i feel like that there at that job paul.. when i get off from my other job.. go to class and then go to our job.. that chet sucks man...

AtifSajid
11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I use to work at place like paul does for 3 years until i realized corporate sucks. i work at a privately owned firm now,

4dmin
11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
My job is cool. I got one boss, who hardly ever looks over me. I take lunches sometimes 2 hours, but usually 1 hour 15 min. I just push my Profile Computers business 90% of the time or find other things to hustle. But I do have work also. I usually work like 3 hours in a 8 hour shift.

I think I got it made. I make descent money. Make sometimes more money on the side.

But no one is ever satisfied.

:yes:

yo.. i feel like that there at that job paul.. when i get off from my other job.. go to class and then go to our job.. that chet sucks man...

ya place isn't my fav but it pays the bills.

İhris
11-06-2007, 02:15 PM
the one thing about my job i hate is...

its a family owned corporation with 30 employees. All of my customers are in New York and PA so i never see my customers except once a month when i fly out there....

I see the same people everyday... and still gotta dress nice. Basicly we all wear nice golf apparel even though i stare at 4 walls all day. Hell i could do my job in jeans and a T-shirt just as well.....

ilovemyhonda.
11-06-2007, 02:18 PM
^^ i would love to fly to ny or pa once a month

Dracc
11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
:yes:

ya place isn't my fav but it pays the bills.

man i hate talking on the damn fone and thats what i get paid for.. not a good look :no:

4dmin
11-06-2007, 02:22 PM
man i hate talking on the damn fone and thats what i get paid for.. not a good look :no:

lol thats easy i have to program that crap :gay:

Dracc
11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
lol thats easy i have to program that crap :gay:

make it crash paul.. make it crash..

İhris
11-06-2007, 02:25 PM
i gotta just click a phone number and it dials for me.... I wish my computer would just do the talking for me though lol

Dracc
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
i gotta just click a phone number and it dials for me.... I wish my computer would just do the talking for me though lol

our system calls.. you just say hello or hang up.. i still hate it though:(

BlkCD5
11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
yes, my job is somewhat like office space. Its more like the memo situation and the computers **** up all the time. Also my name gets miscalled like sumairs. :screwy:

İhris
11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
yes, my job is somewhat like office space. Its more like the memo situation and the computers **** up all the time. Also my name gets miscalled like sumairs. :screwy:

lol at your sig

udontknowme
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Its the fax machine and copy machine that makes me want to go crazy!!! As far as my last name... I expect folks to say it wrong lol

ilovemyhonda.
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
i wish the power would go out.. im going to lose my mind..this job is so boring and these people are so slow and stupid.

§treet_§peed
11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
atleast you gus got good moneyi have to put up with some of the most stupidest people all day nothing really ..:(

4dmin
11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
atleast you gus got good money i have to put up with some of the most stupidest people all day nothing really ..:(

sounds like my work :yes:

ilovemyhonda.
11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
i had this lady one day..i wanted to smack her..

the lady said are your fax machines working.

ME: yes mam they are..

LADY: ive been trying to fax something since last week.

ME: what fax # do you have?

LADY: *she gives the fax #*

ME: yes mam thats the right #

LADY: well its not going through.

ME: do you live in GA?

LADY: no i live in washington

ME: did you put a 1 in front of the # since its long distance?

LADY: no i havent, let me try it...

İhris
11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
i had this lady one day..i wanted to smack her..

the lady said are your fax machines working.

ME: yes mam they are..

LADY: ive been trying to fax something since last week.

ME: what fax # do you have?

LADY: *she gives the fax #*

ME: yes mam thats the right #

LADY: well its not going through.

ME: do you live in GA?

LADY: no i live in washington

ME: did you put a 1 in front of the # since its long distance?

LADY: no i havent, let me try it...

LOL that **** happens to me alll the time....

i just started telling my customers the fax number as .... 1770446etc...

Wurm
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
My job is easy most of the time i drive like 4 hours and work like 2 hours and bull**** around the shop the rest of the time usually making fun of people

nextelbuddy
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
pc load letter wtf!!

ilovemyhonda.
11-06-2007, 03:00 PM
my all time favorite..

you've been drafting my account for like $35.00 every month for the past 20 months and now you drafted for $250.00 and we didnt recieve any notice that our premium was going up. it comes time for them to verify the address and we have an old one.

DUH YOU FRIGEN IDIOT, WE DONT KNOW YOU MOVED SO ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CALL TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS..

Dracc
11-06-2007, 03:14 PM
PM paul.. answer it

joecoolfreak
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Paul,

It's always going to be like that..when ya gonna start looking for job's in another market ;-)

Dracc
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Paul,

It's always going to be like that..when ya gonna start looking for job's in another market ;-)

well look who came from the dead.. joe you ole cool freak lol hahaha

4dmin
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Paul,

i know man... i think i'm going to hold out for another 3-6 until kate starts working... i really thought about if we move that will be my chance to change my career :D

working on TX :cheers:

joecoolfreak
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I stop back by every once in a while for amusement.

joecoolfreak
11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
i know man... i think i'm going to hold out for another 3-6 until kate starts working... i really thought about if we move that will be my chance to change my career :D

Sweet. You know I will take care of ya if y'all come out here. In other news...the house is about halfway done...it's so nice to go out there everyday and watch them build it...We should be closing at the end of the year...I expect a visit from you and Kate and maybe your brother's when it's done.

Tracy
11-06-2007, 03:26 PM
My job is more like "as the wrench turns"

Dracc
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
come on paul.. answer the PMS

4dmin
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Sweet. You know I will take care of ya if y'all come out here. In other news...the house is about halfway done...it's so nice to go out there everyday and watch them build it...We should be closing at the end of the year...I expect a visit from you and Kate and maybe your brother's when it's done.

no doubt man we'll hit it up next year sometime; west coast road trip is calling my name :goodjob:

PSINXS
11-06-2007, 03:33 PM
not mine but my wife's is. After someone calls she has to say just a moment or one moment just like the lady from Corporate Accounts Payroll in the movie.

C22H19N3O4
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM

I'll be moving back to Texas in a year or two. Dallas/Ft.Worth is a great place to live.

OR

Just follow the map. (http://www.pharmacymanpower.com/state.html)

:D :D :D :D

SRCRX
11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Ya, My job is some what like the movie, Just I speak with some of the most
back woods ppl in the south(and they are working on ppls cars)
tryin to make them $$$.

EX.
Customer: I need one of those

ME: Are you sure you want to pay shipping on just one???

Customer: Ya, send it!!!

THE EVERY NEXT F%%KING DAY!!

Customer: Damm I wish I would have had you send you 2 of those!!

This happens to me 50 times a week....LoL....just another day!!

Blitanicle99
11-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I have learned to make any job fun. I have done various interesting jobs. Every job I get into I make it fun somehow. I try to have the open minded thing going on.

-I worked at Kroger. I had fun by making it a competition to make the baggers work as hard as possible and I was the fastest cashier in the district for like 4 months straight.
- Bussed tables at a resturant. Learned how to cook stuff from the chefs and everyone I worked with became my friends so it was not like work.
- Same restarunt I moved to Expo. Talk about a lot of responsibility. I was 17, doing the job of the owner who stopped coming in. I sat 80 tops flawlessly. I got to boss around everyone but the cooks. Me and a particular chef had lots of fun games with the new guys. (Find me a left handed spatchula) and all that fun junk. I worked every night for 8 months straight with a week off in december to go to Utah and spring break week. Other than that, every night there at 5 and gone by 12. Good money tho.
-Assembled air conditioning auto motive parts at a company called Airsept. You guys who are mechanics. Take a look at your AC machine. That cylinder thing inside or hanging off it that cleans it out. I probably built that if its a couple years old. I didnt get paid much, my boss was awesome. My co workers were awesome.
-Built houses. Yeah ****ty work, cold outside or hot depending on the weather. Got close to my co workers. We would have games like nail gun accuracy and stupid stuff like that. We named our hammers. Mine was named Old glory because it was from like 1950. I learned how to frame, roof, drywall, flooring, tiling, carpet jobs, trim work... All kinds of fun.

Now I am at school trying to make a buck here and there with random jobs but practically jobless. I wish I could find a way to work up in Kennesaw and go to school on the side part time. I get wayyy to bored just going to school personally.
Moral of my story... Make work fun one way or another.

98strat
11-06-2007, 08:02 PM
My last job i honestly had my desk moved 4 times in 1 month. It seemed like a friday thing for my boss. I enjoyed it though since i had to move my computer and all my work it took a good hour of me taking my sweet time.

0p7!mu5
11-07-2007, 12:02 AM
my job sux cuz of my idiot bosses and their endless methods of ****ing up their "awesome" productivity plan by causing mre overtime making things harder than they need to be. i love working in a damn warehouse but 11 an hour aint cuttin it. A desk job is like heaven compared to commin home after a 55 hour workweek.

0p7!mu5
11-07-2007, 12:09 AM
the cool factor however is i work with my mother and my hr manger is awesome and i get to put this damn lil ricer coworker of mine in his place whenever he opens his mouth about his stock si.. that and some of the gusy i work with are hillarious as hell especially when one of them takes ky jelly and put it on all the lifts and our supervisors bike.. and get this im teh youngest (almost 22) so like imagine the dude being in his 40's doin this **** out of boredom and one guys is mad cool givin me computer programs all the time. I mean yeah pay sucks and bosses are assholes but what can ya do i get weekends off healthcare and a 5000 buck reinbursment on my tuition provided i pass and mad discounts just gotta be a slave for 12 hours a day...

David88vert
11-07-2007, 06:26 AM
I am stuck in Office Space hell....

3.5altman
11-07-2007, 07:45 AM
ha ha I'am the boss, well kind of. I only see my boss for a bout an hour a day! Gravy ass job