PDA

View Full Version : Me want t3h better throttle response and a few ?'s

3ll3nwood
07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
So, what have you Miata tuners done to get better throttle response from your cars? Right now I have :

Intake, Exhaust, Header, and likely new plugs and ignition wires (cuz they sure look new).

Its just that when I mash the gas, it takes a sec to really get goin. Maybe Im comparing too muchto my brothers car. He has an S2000 and when you push the gas, it goes! I want that kinda response (or obviously as close to it as I can get).

Anyone have any black interior they are wanting to part, like on a rolled car or something? I need the Radio faceplate and the center console. 90-97 or 94-97, w/e fits. (black).

Last thing. Im looking at putting a ZEX N2o kit on it. Is the timing hard to adjust. Its a 75 shot so the timing needs to go down about 4 degrees. We could do it on a Honda motor easy, just wandering where I can find info on how to do this so that I can get a little boost power here and there. (How else am I going to run with the S2000 on the highway?)

Doppelgänger
07-25-2005, 11:31 PM
fuck a bottle.....i can do the timing on those cars ... it easy. I recommend getting a intake and exhaust, numping timing up to 14* BTC and then go to work on the suspension... you dont need power to make the cars fast.. you'll be much happier setting up the suspension!

3ll3nwood
07-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Gotcha. Well, the Zex kit is just sittin at my Bro's house. He used to use it on his CrX. So we were contemplating hooking it up. And suspension was my next idea, but I was unsure, sounds like a plan though now. I guess I'll do suspension next.

Doppelgänger
07-26-2005, 12:29 PM
where are you located?

3ll3nwood
07-26-2005, 02:47 PM
ellenwood/stockbridge area

JITB
07-26-2005, 04:31 PM
mike is right, Intake - header - Full Exhaust a good one. BP doesnt really rev that quick compared to other motors, one thing i just noticed after i got rid of the bp. And the timing can hurt and help u on that motor so 14 advance is what i had mine at, and it ran very well. TOo high and it will die out after 5k, too low will just kill hte low end. The intake cam isnt as aggresive as the exhaust cam, if you really are serious about makin more power get you soem cams. To me honestly, the bp isnt a good NA motor unleess you have alot of money., but its a great FI motor, which it was made for.

3ll3nwood
07-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I have intake, header and exhaust. I may look into some different cams.

David88vert
07-26-2005, 09:04 PM
fuck a bottle.....i can do the timing on those cars ... it easy. I recommend getting a intake and exhaust, numping timing up to 14* BTC and then go to work on the suspension... you dont need power to make the cars fast.. you'll be much happier setting up the suspension!

Still hating on the N2O? I still have my bottle, guess where it is...... :)

Doppelgänger
07-27-2005, 03:09 PM
alright David... im definatly ready for the mountains now ;). You got your bottle... i got my slicks
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/768000-768999/768118_33_full.jpg

David88vert
07-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I sold the FB - now you pick on me.

Ok, you asked for it, I'll bring out the all stock FD with some slicks on it. :P

Elroy2002
07-28-2005, 12:36 AM
if you want more initial push and you have a manual change out the clutch and flywheel. that's probably going to be the biggest difference. just my :2cents:

metalman
07-28-2005, 08:24 AM
To me honestly, the bp isnt a good NA motor unleess you have alot of money., but its a great FI motor, which it was made for.

Indeed. Other then intake, exhaust and tuning, forget the NA pipe dreams with a Miata. After doing those things and setting up the suspension properly, if it still isnt fast enough through the corners, go FI ;)