PDA

View Full Version : More power out of the T5 C30

xonn
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I just got a Volvo C30 6 speed and as far as mods so far, I've done a drop in air filter from Eurosport and the BSR ECU tune. The car is much faster than it was when stock but I'm wondering what the next step would be when it comes to getting more power out of it. It's got sick torque now, but like any HP junkie, I think that it'd be better with just a bit more.

I haven't done the exhaust or anything as yet, because I'm not sure that there's significant power there given what exhausts for this car cost. I've considered a larger downpipe, but BSR advises against it on their stage 1/2 tune. They say the most I should do is a catback but that I shouldn't touch the downpipe until the stage 3 program is ready. Any thoughts? I'm new to Volvos, so there's a lot about the T5 that I don't know. Not sure what the safe limits of the motor are.

wbhard3029
11-14-2007, 07:44 AM
pics?

tony
11-14-2007, 07:48 AM
definitely need pics

Boosted S60R
11-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I just got a Volvo C30 6 speed and as far as mods so far, I've done a drop in air filter from Eurosport and the BSR ECU tune. The car is much faster than it was when stock but I'm wondering what the next step would be when it comes to getting more power out of it. It's got sick torque now, but like any HP junkie, I think that it'd be better with just a bit more.

I haven't done the exhaust or anything as yet, because I'm not sure that there's significant power there given what exhausts for this car cost. I've considered a larger downpipe, but BSR advises against it on their stage 1/2 tune. They say the most I should do is a catback but that I shouldn't touch the downpipe until the stage 3 program is ready. Any thoughts? I'm new to Volvos, so there's a lot about the T5 that I don't know. Not sure what the safe limits of the motor are.
the downpipe and exhaust would be my next move along with the stage3 tune once they release it.

volvo_c30
03-12-2010, 10:50 AM
pm me...BSR is meh in the C30 ..also borla is coming out with a CBE that sounds like sex

Woulda waited on the tune for an IPD tune, but BSR makes a pretty good product

The AM CAI's for the c30 are kinda pointless.....(like the evolve/K&N thing i have on my car....just makes turbo louder hahahah)

lol here ima save myself some typing time....C30world.com (ATL_cruisin is my name, got to the performance section if u have any questions)

oh to answer the HP question ATP said 350 ish outa the stock motor is easy sauce....400 u might blow it