PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic Question

snoopygy
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I drive a 00 4dr honda civic. I'm having problems with the hood latch... The release cable, and the release point inside is fine and dandy. The secondary latch (which allows you to open the hood to vieew the engine) is fine as well. But I can get the dang hood to shut. It's like it hits a brick wall. Does anybody have any ideas? A picture of one would work wonders.. I have a trip out of state soon, and I need to get this fixed soon.

§treet_§peed
11-05-2007, 05:57 PM
try puling the latch to open it will the hood is open try wiggling it some then try adjusting the try forcing lol

Schugg
11-05-2007, 09:09 PM
chances are the finger part of the secondary latch is bent up and hitting the hood stopping it from going up all the way and stopping the hook from getting completely out of the way. if you get it open you will probably have to bend the finger part of the lever down or whichever way it needs to go. not hard to figure out once its open.

Barefoot
11-08-2007, 07:09 AM
chances are the finger part of the secondary latch is bent up and hitting the hood stopping it from going up all the way and stopping the hook from getting completely out of the way. if you get it open you will probably have to bend the finger part of the lever down or whichever way it needs to go. not hard to figure out once its open.ive had to do that on mine