PDA

View Full Version : Car was accidently "repo'd"... unbelievable story inside

k24a2
11-05-2007, 01:52 PM
So last weekend I was sitting in my room when all of a sudden my mom comes bursting through my doors yelling someone is stealing your car! I go outside and see a guy putting my car on a tow truck. I ask him what hes doing and he says he got a notice from the bank telling him that we were 74 days past due without a payment and that he was reposessing my car. At this point my mom is pissed and starts yelling at the guy in broken english with a little korean mixed in. She shows him the check book with all the copies of the checks and the guy just shrugs it off and says hes just doing his job. He didnt give us a letter or tell us where he was towing the car. in fact if my mom wasnt outside right when this was happening we would have thought the car was stolen. He also towed my car from the back so my front wheels were on the ground. :rolleyes:

After they take my car me and my mom hurry to the closest BB&T bank and we explain to them what just happened. The rep that is helping us explains that shes never seen that happen before and that they'll try and figure out what happened. We printed receipts of the checks from our online bank statement and showed that we havnt missed a single payment. The lady starts calling people and i guess because its closing time no one really wanted to help. She got about 4 different answers until we finally comfirmed that it was a bank computer error. Apparently something reset our payment dates and we never received a letter or a phone call about it. Probably because on one system it showed that we were making our payments and on another system it showed we were late. She called the reposession department and she said they were closed for the weekend.. So I had to miss an exam on friday, miss work Sat. and Sun. and the worst part after we got everything figured out is that the person who confirmed the banking error didnt even apologize. She was talking to me as if we were at fault. Sucks to be a minority.

I posted this on the acura forum and almost everyone told us we should take legal action against them in court. Mainly because for the past 74 days this has been ****ing up my moms credit score and we were unaware. The lady said they would make a notation on our account to reverse this but I dont know if its going to be that easy. Not only that but it was straight up embaressing :/

My question for you guys is, Does anyone know or can recommend a lawyer that would look into something like this? Or should i just drop it since I did get my car back.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Thank you for reading.

4dmin
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I would definately get a lawyer - credit issues are no joke! good luck

Whiteboy™
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I am surprised that BB&T would have a glitch like this, i have been banking with them for a few years now.

Dracc
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
damn

AB3dj
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
SUE

Rsxguy
11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
true take legal action get a lawyer

blackboi50
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
yea u can get them to pay for yours days missed at work and then some..........get some JDM parts man!!!!.......gl with everything!!!!!:)..........1

civic95
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Sucks man, but I would hesitate sueing the bank. First you're going to have a hard time affording a lawyer thats better than a banks lawyer. Unless you can find one that's willing to do this for free if you don't win the case, you're going to waste a lot of money and time.

I would take them to small claims if they refused to pay for the towing, storage of the car, etc. But expecting to get rich off this is expecting a miracle.

kpc2593
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
damn....take legal action ASAP...i mean now...

thinkfast®
11-05-2007, 02:23 PM
call Jesse Jackson he'll get ya fixed up in no time

Blitanicle99
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Screw that. Get a lawyer ASAP! Tow guy was doing his job but he is required to show you papers.

Alan®
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
So last weekend I was sitting in my room when all of a sudden my mom comes bursting through my doors yelling someone is stealing your car! I go outside and see a guy putting my car on a tow truck. I ask him what hes doing and he says he got a notice from the bank telling him that we were 74 days past due without a payment and that he was reposessing my car. At this point my mom is pissed and starts yelling at the guy in broken english with a little korean mixed in. She shows him the check book with all the copies of the checks and the guy just shrugs it off and says hes just doing his job. He didnt give us a letter or tell us where he was towing the car. in fact if my mom wasnt outside right when this was happening we would have thought the car was stolen. He also towed my car from the back so my front wheels were on the ground. :rolleyes:

After they take my car me and my mom hurry to the closest BB&T bank and we explain to them what just happened. The rep that is helping us explains that shes never seen that happen before and that they'll try and figure out what happened. We printed receipts of the checks from our online bank statement and showed that we havnt missed a single payment. The lady starts calling people and i guess because its closing time no one really wanted to help. She got about 4 different answers until we finally comfirmed that it was a bank computer error. Apparently something reset our payment dates and we never received a letter or a phone call about it. Probably because on one system it showed that we were making our payments and on another system it showed we were late. She called the reposession department and she said they were closed for the weekend.. So I had to miss an exam on friday, miss work Sat. and Sun. and the worst part after we got everything figured out is that the person who confirmed the banking error didnt even apologize. She was talking to me as if we were at fault. Sucks to be a minority.

I posted this on the acura forum and almost everyone told us we should take legal action against them in court. Mainly because for the past 74 days this has been ****ing up my moms credit score and we were unaware. The lady said they would make a notation on our account to reverse this but I dont know if its going to be that easy. Not only that but it was straight up embaressing :/

My question for you guys is, Does anyone know or can recommend a lawyer that would look into something like this? Or should i just drop it since I did get my car back.

what exactly does the bolded statement imply????

On topic....Don't expect to get rich off this quick. If the bank says that they can remove it from your moms credit record then 9x out of 10 they can. It's not that complicated at all. And as long as they pay for the release of your car, towing fees, wages lost from missing work, and storage then really your not entitled to squat. The best you could hope for is emotional trauma and hope that they settle out of court but even then I wouldn't expect you to make any money after you pay your lawyer.

Brett
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Ignorant people always pulling the race card

Alan®
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
^^^^^YUP

BTLFED
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
The transmission on your car is probably messed up because of the improper towing, and **** you for using the race card. :slap:

Brett
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I bet he is mexican!! LOL

Alan®
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
i am assuming korean gotta read the fine print of the first post. moms korean

SL65AMG
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM

it has nothing to do with you being a minority you ****ing CU NT

maybe they took your car because theyre trying to do their part in getting the ****ing retards off of the street. unfortunately you called their bluff and they returned it.

THREE STEPS TO SUCCESS!!!!

Step1: find a hill and park car at the top
step2: lay on ground, down the hill, in front of the car
step3: get friend to push car down hill.....

you have done your part to help save the world from idiots

coolcat
11-05-2007, 06:07 PM
i am assuming korean gotta read the fine print of the first post. moms korean

Yeah but maybe his dad is mexican? HAHAHA! DOUBLE OWNED!!

(just kidding, I like both mexicans and koreans, not in any baby ****ing creepy way though)

I would definitly look into legal action, good luck, and that really sucks.

RandomGuy
11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
tell them "Chokuma Numja Jo aihe"

Frög
11-05-2007, 11:06 PM
get a lawyer.. ASAP..

Magnus213
11-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Damn. I wanted to be the first one to attack that "sucks to be a minority" BS line.

BB6dohcvtec
11-06-2007, 02:09 AM
what exactly does the bolded statement imply????

On topic....Don't expect to get rich off this quick. If the bank says that they can remove it from your moms credit record then 9x out of 10 they can. It's not that complicated at all. And as long as they pay for the release of your car, towing fees, wages lost from missing work, and storage then really your not entitled to squat. The best you could hope for is emotional trauma and hope that they settle out of court but even then I wouldn't expect you to make any money after you pay your lawyer.

:thinking: bet he could if he was smart about it

Thighs
11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
sue FTW and give me a cut of the profit for this advice :goodjob:

Glides
11-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Sucks to be a minority.

Yea, because THAT'S why your car got towed, because you are Korean. ****ing clown. :rolleyes:

SL65AMG
11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
see my previous post. i though it was rather humorous myself

regarding him being a minority