PDA

View Full Version : slotted brake rotors for integra

GermanMuscle
11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
which ones would you recommend and why? i plan on getting the Hawk HPS pads with them.

DrivenMind
11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Get regular rotors, you don't need slotted rotors.

Hawk pads are awesome though.

jdm_91crx
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
get Brembo blanks, don't get slotted (only if youre a racer man...). Some say slotted is better, but not true.

nreggie454
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Get blanks. The pad is where it's at. Also, lots of folks say slotted rotors don't give much benefit outside of cracking after a while.

xbn83
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Hawk pads are good, AEM made by Nissin (almost no dust), Axxis (a lot of dust) are also good.

chituntang
11-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Slotted and Drilled rotors are for older designed pads that makes some kind of gas, which when it is built up, decrease your braking performance. But now a days, Slotted rotors would give you more brake dust, and drilled rotors would break easier (Most drilled rotors are not done professionally. They drill in the wrong spot, and the rotor break over time). So blank is a better choice.

GermanMuscle
11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
most people do think that slotted and drilled don't do anything anymore since the pads don't give off anymore gases. when in fact that is not true. cross drilled can also save unsprung weight but it is so minimal that it doesn't make a difference so drilled rotors are useless. slotted rotors did release the gases but the main purpose was to wipe the pads clean to they don't glaze over. that is only necessary if you plan on really give the breaks a beating.

Since I am slowly building my car for autoX/track days i would prefer slotted brake rotors.

I am not trying to be rude but my question was which brand is good, not if i need them.

chituntang
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
How much are you willing to spend? Company like Brembo does not offer any slotted or drilled rotors. The reseller does the work themselves. And IMO, those 200+ rotors just do not worth what they are.

yudalicious
11-06-2007, 11:11 PM
most people do think that slotted and drilled don't do anything anymore since the pads don't give off anymore gases. when in fact that is not true. cross drilled can also save unsprung weight but it is so minimal that it doesn't make a difference so drilled rotors are useless. slotted rotors did release the gases but the main purpose was to wipe the pads clean to they don't glaze over. that is only necessary if you plan on really give the breaks a beating.

Since I am slowly building my car for autoX/track days i would prefer slotted brake rotors.

I am not trying to be rude but my question was which brand is good, not if i need them.

The advantage is so minimal. If you're going to run track days and are looking at Hawk pads get the HP+, the HPS will fade very quickly. The +s will eat the rotors quicker so most choose to run blanks with aggressive pad compounds for the price factor. For blanks I run whatever's cheapest.

Barefoot
11-07-2007, 03:00 AM
lol **** that be rude. most people on here and forums never answer the question. they tell u want they think u should be doing.

lol ive never used any of them so i dont know just want to say that lol

Frög
11-07-2007, 03:10 AM
i had slotted brembo rotors on my lude.. i only did it for looks.. :D rice boy..

dickdragon
11-07-2007, 07:56 AM
How much are you willing to spend? Company like Brembo does not offer any slotted or drilled rotors. The reseller does the work themselves. And IMO, those 200+ rotors just do not worth what they are.

correction! brembo does offer slotted only or drilled only rotors.
but since brake improvement is so minimal, it's useless!
if you're looking for a brake improvement with little cashish, buy the
powerslot big rotor kit which allows you to reuse your stock caliper.
but if you're a big balla, like most of IA's community go all out with
the brembo grand turismo kit.

Frög
11-07-2007, 10:44 AM
correction! brembo does offer slotted only or drilled only rotors.

correct!!

but since brake improvement is so minimal, it's useless!

correct!

if you're looking for a brake improvement with little cashish, buy the powerslot big rotor kit which allows you to reuse your stock caliper.

Yup!

but if you're a big balla, like most of IA's community go all out with the brembo grand turismo kit.

:thinking: wait what?

Crazy Asian
11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Cryo treated Power Slots are alright

magneto198
12-09-2007, 09:50 PM
solid brembo ftw