PDA

View Full Version : Just another reason to not like prison

SPL_Jetta
07-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I just heard it on Fox News, but they are banning smoking in all Federal Prisions, lets see how this will end up. All you need is video cameras, high speed internet, and you have yourself a new hit reality show.

Hulud
07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
lol

IndianStig
07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Good, I don't smoke anyway.

SPL_Jetta
07-25-2005, 08:00 PM

Ditto

IndianStig
07-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Actually, I changed my mind, if you smoke marijauna it won't hurt as much when Bubba comes to say hi.

Brett
07-25-2005, 08:46 PM
People in prison should have no right anyways, It shouldnt be a place you WANT to be, Take away all rights and dont give them anything, and they wont do crimes that get them back in

jt money
07-25-2005, 09:13 PM
People in prison should have no right anyways, It shouldnt be a place you WANT to be, Take away all rights and dont give them anything, and they wont do crimes that get them back in

speaking from experence. prison sux. i did almost 4 years in. federal is pretty nice though. but you have no rights you shower with 6 or 8 other guys at a time. there is no toilet walls just the toilet. and like 5 or six in a row. you almost bump knees if someone really sat down next to ya. which would never happen. and thats in a dorm not even cellblock. cellblock is 2 inmates in a 6x9 cell with a sink and toilet in the room. kinda like county jail. you get told when to work and eat and shit and shower. get off it they have a hard enough time as it is. :goodjob:

Brett
07-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Not to sound harsh but if people dont want to do the time, dont do the crimes

jt money
07-25-2005, 09:20 PM
i accept the time like a man. but dont get all high and mighty and think you know whats best for them. there are people we call lifers and they get institutionalized*sp. some how they dont know anything else.

Brett
07-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Not once did I act high and mightey

jt money
07-25-2005, 09:27 PM
right here you state take all rights. there not there so with no experence people like you make it way worse for the people in prison by passing laws that are way out of line. they should rehabilatate people not just lock them away and throw away the key till their release date.

Brett
07-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Where the fuck did I say throw away the keys? I just stated that most people have no issues going back to prision or doing the crimes because in prison you get very well taken care of, You get play time, Rest time, Free Cable, etc.... Prison isnt a place hat should be to go "Hang out" its a place that should have as little fun things to do and make it to where people want to make the right choices when they get out so they dont have to go back.

T-Mo Goodie
07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
I am with Brett on that. They live so good in prison. I think if I was homeless, with no food, necessities, etc, just down with no one and no where to go, I would do something to go to prison. Hell its better than being on the street. LOL

Brett
07-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I am with Brett on that. They live so good in prison. I think if I was homeless, with no food, necessities, etc, just down with no one and no where to go, I would do something to go to prison. Hell its better than being on the street. LOL

THANK YOU!! Thats the point, Homeless people who do no crime go hungry and live on the street, But if ya do a crime, you can get rewarded by 3 hot meals, a bed, shelter, Free Cable, Recreation Time, etc..... Its a home away from home for some people, thats why people have no issues doing crimes when they get out, cause going back isnt a scare to them

A1EX
07-25-2005, 10:00 PM
people in prison get better food then we do at school thats not fair

jt money
07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
no cable where i was at shit we didnt even have ac and i was in fl doc. and the meals suck way worse than school food. you guys watch too many movies and tv shows.

blurred visions
07-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Okay guys I'm sure jail isnt a place anyone wants to be. I mean yea, you might be getting TV and other good things, but this gives the inmates a taste of what they are missing out on in the real world. They see things on tv that free people are doing and that helps them maybe realize they need to straighten up. If jail was just a place where you lock bad people in silence then I'm sure they will not get better, probably act more like caged animals with a large amount of built up anger.

Tv or not, jail sucks.

ahmonrah
07-26-2005, 02:33 AM
damn! you said that like your planning a prison sleepover soon!

JITB
07-26-2005, 03:31 AM
lol aint no cable in jail, and it aint better thant he streets. On the street u have freedom. Who HAS been to jail?

Bajjani
07-26-2005, 04:09 AM
How bout my friend (who is a female) who has spent almost a year in prison because some guy lied about his age and she had sex w/him and could get sentenced to some fuckin 40 years but you run someone over...you can get in and out...same people have gone in and out twice since shes been there and all she did was get lied to by a kid who wanted some ass...why dont we fix our fuckin laws first...i wont get started tho...

jus incase anyone cares they offered her a new plea bargain and she can get out in 3 months..

civic95
07-26-2005, 06:41 AM
I think every high school should be required to have a prison field trip. This way everyone will get a better idea of how prison really is, and maybe it will make some kids think twice before they do certain things.

Oh and drugs are illegal in prison too, and they can't stop them from getting in.so how are they going to stop smoking? Not to mention this will cause some prisoners to live longer if they stop smoking, and guess who pays the bill everyday they are alive?

Kristi
07-26-2005, 08:13 AM
:werd: couldn't have said it better myself. They are in there for a reason - it shouldn't be a pleasure cruise. Prisoners shouldn't get tv, cigarettes, no perks at all. They are in there to be punished. I swear my punishments when i was younger were worse than what prisoners get!

Kristi
07-26-2005, 08:15 AM
How bout my friend (who is a female) who has spent almost a year in prison because some guy lied about his age and she had sex w/him and could get sentenced to some fuckin 40 years but you run someone over...you can get in and out...same people have gone in and out twice since shes been there and all she did was get lied to by a kid who wanted some ass...why dont we fix our fuckin laws first...i wont get started tho...

jus incase anyone cares they offered her a new plea bargain and she can get out in 3 months..

i agree that some laws need to be redone, but she did commit a crime, unknowingly, but she did. now her punishment - shouldn't be that harsh since she was lied to, but she should still be punished.

the guy i saw hit and kill a pedestrian still hasn't gone to trial yet. it has been like 2.5 years and nothing. he is facing first degree vehiclar homicide since he was drunk and on 2 different drugs. but he is still out walking free right now

Mike Lowrey
07-26-2005, 08:29 AM

Preach on brotha! :goodjob:

IanHavok
07-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I just heard it on Fox News, but they are banning smoking in all Federal Prisions, lets see how this will end up. All you need is video cameras, high speed internet, and you have yourself a new hit reality show.

Whew, thank god they took care of that...The thing that scares me the most about prison is 2nd hand smoke. Now I have nothing to worry about.;)

http://importatlanta.com/ian/images/sarcasm.gif

Macro
07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Smoking is nothing is prison, coffee is gold in there they can consume too much that they get a natural high off the caffeine. My cousin some time in San Jacinto, TX state prison, well smoking is banned over there.

jt money
07-26-2005, 10:19 AM
lol aint no cable in jail, and it aint better thant he streets. On the street u have freedom. Who HAS been to jail?
finialy some one on my side. ive been to the department of corrections in florida for almost 4 years from 17 to 21. it was no fun believe me. i got proof and until someone shows me they have proof and has been in that situation. dont talk about how it is in there if you have no idea. and yes coffie is gold in prison.

proof here while link stays good (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateReleases/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=967096934)

Mike Lowrey
07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
finialy some one on my side. ive been to the department of corrections in florida for almost 4 years from 17 to 21. it was no fun believe me. i got proof and until someone shows me they have proof and has been in that situation. dont talk about how it is in there if you have no idea. and yes coffie is gold in prison.

Who fuckin cares if you have been in jail. If there were stiffer penalties for certain crimes, there would be fewer people commiting them.

jt money
07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
1Who fuckin cares if you have been in jail. 2If there were stiffer penalties for certain crimes, there would be fewer people commiting them.
1 the man asked whos been to jail, so i said i have. actually i was in prison big difference. 2 not really. its almost the american way to lie, steel, cheat, and and do crimes. maybe if we would chop off fingures for steeling and such it wouldnt be that way but the leagle system has always been soft in america since the 19 hundreds. im not trin to be hard just stating that you and others like you that havent been inside have no idea at all what its like so dont make all these judgements about what needs to happen in there when you dont know what its like in the first place. its not about stiffer penalties. its about rehabilitating the people when they do their crimes. they dont do that so prisoners get comfortible with the situation. that doesnt mean prison is easy and such. you just learn to deal with it.

Mike Lowrey
07-26-2005, 02:52 PM
its almost the american way to lie, steel, cheat, and and do crimes.

:lmfao: That is the biggest line of bullshit I have heard in a while....thank you for a good laugh....

maybe if we would chop off fingures for steeling

OK.....when can we start... :)

you and others like you that havent been inside have no idea at all what its like so dont make all these judgements about what needs to happen in there when you dont know what its like in the first place.

1. I don't need to have been to prison to have an opinion on it.
2. I am not stupid enough to do the crime, therefore I don't have to do the time.

its not about stiffer penalties. its about rehabilitating the people when they do their crimes.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Stiffer penalties = proactively trying to stop crime
rehabilitating people = reactively trying to stop crime
:goodjob:

jt money
07-26-2005, 03:04 PM
whatever no big deal glad i made you laugh.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2005, 03:09 PM

I 100% agree. Has nothing to do with "high and mighty." Has to do with why cater to people that don't care about the well-being and comfort of another or their property. You post this stuff in here like you're some kind of hardened criminal who spent half his life in jail. I'm not trying to come down on you, but your posts make it seem as though you think you're high and mighty because you've served a couple of years. Later, D.

HEATON
07-26-2005, 03:29 PM
speaking from experence. prison sux. i did almost 4 years in. federal is pretty nice though. but you have no rights you shower with 6 or 8 other guys at a time. there is no toilet walls just the toilet. and like 5 or six in a row. you almost bump knees if someone really sat down next to ya. which would never happen. and thats in a dorm not even cellblock. cellblock is 2 inmates in a 6x9 cell with a sink and toilet in the room. kinda like county jail. you get told when to work and eat and shit and shower. get off it they have a hard enough time as it is. :goodjob:

Sounds like BMT....lol..Wait it was 15 of us in a shower. Ive always said to myself if i become homeless ima rob a bank and go to jail so i get 3 free meals a day shower and a bed..lol I wonder how this will affect the crooked (SP?) Guards that give cigs to the inmates and tradin of the cigs.

JITB
07-26-2005, 03:56 PM
HAs anyone else been in jail? to really see how it is? Or is this all off TV jail?

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Have you? Later, QD.

JITB
07-26-2005, 03:59 PM
yep.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't mean an overnighter. I mean an extensive stay. Months at a time.

BTW, real folks don't talk/brag about jailtime. Later, QD.

Kristi
07-26-2005, 04:00 PM
i've never been to prison (knock on wood), i'm a law abiding citizen! :D

99ITRGIRL
07-26-2005, 04:02 PM
I think every high school should be required to have a prison field trip. This way everyone will get a better idea of how prison really is, and maybe it will make some kids think twice before they do certain things.

Oh and drugs are illegal in prison too, and they can't stop them from getting in.so how are they going to stop smoking? Not to mention this will cause some prisoners to live longer if they stop smoking, and guess who pays the bill everyday they are alive?
I agree!

HEATON
07-26-2005, 04:10 PM

We did take a field trip to Ga St. Penn in Jackson, Very interestin its ran in a Military style...

TAXPAYERS thats who pay the bills, but it doesnt matter if the bills went down your taxes wont the Govt will jus find something else to spend your money on. And PLEASE dont complain bout taxees here its 16% so be happy for the lil you pay.

JITB
07-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't mean an overnighter. I mean an extensive stay. Months at a time.

BTW, real folks don't talk/brag about jailtime. Later, QD.

i was for 4 1/2 days. i did nothing wrong just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. its no moonths at a atime, but i know that i WILL NEVER GO BACK EVER. And to say its a good place, is retarded..cuz it really isnt. Id sleep under a bridge before i even go near a jail cell.

SPL_Jetta
07-26-2005, 04:15 PM
i've never been to prison (knock on wood), i'm a law abiding citizen! :D

U an me both

Bajjani
07-26-2005, 05:39 PM
1 the man asked whos been to jail, so i said i have. actually i was in prison big difference. 2 not really. its almost the american way to lie, steel, cheat, and and do crimes. maybe if we would chop off fingures for steeling and such it wouldnt be that way but the leagle system has always been soft in america since the 19 hundreds. im not trin to be hard just stating that you and others like you that havent been inside have no idea at all what its like so dont make all these judgements about what needs to happen in there when you dont know what its like in the first place. its not about stiffer penalties. its about rehabilitating the people when they do their crimes. they dont do that so prisoners get comfortible with the situation. that doesnt mean prison is easy and such. you just learn to deal with it.

Okay first off, go back to prison and see if they have a classes that can teach you to spell. Prison is a PUNISHMENT...not a chance to better yourself as a person. When you are sent to jail or prison it isn't because they said hey hes fucked up lets help him become better, its because he fucked up and they want his ass of the streets. I don't care how tough you think it is on the inside, i highly doubt its tough enough. I've heard plenty of stories from people who have been inside to know its not tough enough I dont have to go there to learn, i'm a bit smarter than that bud. Let me say this very clearly..it is NOT about rehabilitating people, it is about getting them off the street so they can not cause more damage to the law obeying people. But since we don't have room to lock some people up for the rest of their life...we figure its a good idea to try to make them a bit smarter. Make it so they never wanna go back or attempt to help someone who 95% of the time doesnt really give a shit to begin with...you tell me whats more effecient

Bajjani
07-26-2005, 05:40 PM
i agree that some laws need to be redone, but she did commit a crime, unknowingly, but she did. now her punishment - shouldn't be that harsh since she was lied to, but she should still be punished.

the guy i saw hit and kill a pedestrian still hasn't gone to trial yet. it has been like 2.5 years and nothing. he is facing first degree vehiclar homicide since he was drunk and on 2 different drugs. but he is still out walking free right now

Ok yea..she did do a crime...i dont disagree..but then again she wudnt have touched him had she known his real age.. (its just like those girls who get fake ids and look like they are 19 when they are 13...) That and i still don't believe a guy can be raped

ahmonrah
07-27-2005, 01:57 PM
closest i've been to jail was when my dad took me to see the cells at his department when i was like 12. (he was a cop) when i seen how small they were, that alone was the deterrent for me. doesnt mean i've been an angel my whole life, but there's a fine line between "freedom" and prisoner, i preferred not to cross it.

blurred visions
07-29-2005, 02:44 AM

That is messed up but think about this, if it was a guy having sex with an underage girl, then you wouldnt defend him. People would think he lied and knew her real age.

aaronfelipe
07-29-2005, 11:37 AM
lmao... id belive it...

Kevykev
07-29-2005, 11:45 AM
My good friend dave got ''caught up" and went to Muscogee County Prison for 4 years for aiding in a Planned Robbery.

Thank God it was a boring jail where nothing really went down.

Now he's out and still the same ol guy.

Ace
07-29-2005, 12:40 PM
I've never been to jail. And I hope I never do.

JITB
07-29-2005, 12:43 PM
My good friend dave got ''caught up" and went to Muscogee County Prison for 4 years for aiding in a Planned Robbery.

Thank God it was a boring jail where nothing really went down.

Now he's out and still the same ol guy.

you tihnk if he had a choice between the street and prison again...u think he would go back?

drupason
07-30-2005, 10:30 AM
That is messed up but think about this, if it was a guy having sex with an underage girl, then you wouldnt defend him. People would think he lied and knew her real age.

This is Bajjani on drews name

If im single and a hot girl wants to bang me i'd lie bout my age...I don't wanna say guys want sex more...but guys are a lot easier when it comes to sex. For the most part if a guy is single and a girl he considers "bangable" which doesn't even classify as hot always wants him hes not gonna turn it down (unless say shes to young)...guys will almost always want sex.. yea i see your point but a 5'1" 100lb very attractive girl raping a guy? Give me a break..lol not gonna be RAPE...

blurred visions
07-30-2005, 01:51 PM
^how did that respond to my reply.

drupason
07-30-2005, 04:28 PM
ITS DIFF FOR GUYS AND GIRLS...I don't really consider it TAKING advantage of a guy because hes younger...girls have this thing about being manipulated by OLDER guys..guys jus want ass regardless...its different...nm man

Ms Dollar
07-30-2005, 07:11 PM

I have actually been twice and I must say that it sucked more than anything. The treatment blows, if you aren't hungry when it's time to eat you don't eat until the next time they feed you. If you are tired during the day, sucks you can't sleep. They tell you when to eat, when to sleep. It's not a place to be, I know this from experience. The way that I was treated in there it makes you think twice about doing anything. I didn't have tv's or anything either there, we had phones but they were shut off during certain times of the day and shut off all night. You have people watching your every single move, when you shit when you shower when you pee. I was only there for a combined about 48 hours for both times, and lemme tell ya I will not go back ever.

Edit:

Also when you first get there they put you in what is known as "intake". Basically the holding cell where you wait to go to population where everyone else is. It is a tiny room with about 10 people and one toilet, which is dirty and no toilet paper. I was in Cobb County Jail too. Not somewhere downtown. So anyone that has never been doesn't know what it's like. It's not the way that it's portrayed on TV and in movies like everyone else that has been was saying.

HEATON
07-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Ill have to say Jail is Diff then Prison... Never been but have seen the ins and outs of both. Prison is like more humane and offers more bc its got a bigger fundin. Jail is basically jus brick walls and steel bars to hold for a short time and is underfunded..