PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Need help with b16 ek swap. PLZ!

Toreyjw1
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
I am ready to drop a whole load of bucks on a 97-98 (not too sure) red ek, very very very clean 60k miles for a all motor b16 project car. all motor of course :D

I have done a whole bunch of research on crx b16 swaps but the only rexes i can find are beaten up and i can get this ek for a awesome deal and was wondering if the swap would be costly, easy, hard, impossible. and what id need cause i saw some where that the d16 mounts would work wiht the b16? ne ways? jsut any helpfull tips would be highly appreciated :D

btw: if i were to go down with this id go full out wiht v. springs, retainers, high compression valves, super dooper tall cam, pistions, rods and maybe a crank shaft and all the goodies wiht the shaft like main bearings, caps and larger galleries for oil flow at high RPM, etc..

thanks

Grimm Reeper
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Ok to start, find you the right mounts for the motor and you'll need the right T-Bracket for the rear to hold the tranny(I have it because I just pulled my B16 out of 98 EX), if you want to do it the right way, it will be costly. Here's a link to my thread stating everything that I've done. Machining was the most, but my port and polish was at a fawk deal due to me having a neighbor who does it :goodjob: I saved on most of the labor due to the fact that I did it myself. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140331

Grimm Reeper
11-04-2007, 11:54 PM
What's the OBD of your motor?

Toreyjw1
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
on board diagnostic?

Grimm Reeper
11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Is your motor OBD0, OBD1 or OBD2 or what's the year vehicle that your motor came out of?

Toreyjw1
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Im pretty sure its OBD1.. the mounts that fit already. but what i was wondering was about how much would the swap cost for engine + everything i need on the side. :thinking: like axles etc...

cause i saw some where that if you get the kit youll be over charged by like 500 to 1000 bucks...

Vteckidd
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
if youre going to buy an EK, then this is what you need to do a B16 swap:

MOTOR
TRANSMISSION (HYDRO)
ECU (OBD2 or OBD1 with a jumper harness)
OEM Integra Shift Linkage
99-00 SI REAR TRANNY BRACKET
B series upper and lower radiator hoses
B series Axles from Integra
B Series engine mount kit from Innovative or HASPORT or OEM 99-00 SI

If you want to keep ac you need a P30 bracket to mount the D compressor to the B block.

Usually, the motor runs around $2200-2500 for a complete swap, the misc stuff runs another $700-800 (mounts, axles, hoses, bracket, linkage)

You GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Im doing a GSR swap in a 98 DX right now, and theres some wiring differences you have to do but other than that its pretty easy.

I buy all my engines from HMOTORSONLINE.COM, best quality in the business

Vteckidd
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
And not to burst your bubble, but an NA B16 is not really worth it, especially in the heavy EK chassis.

your gonna spend alot of money for not alot of power. The swap itself is fun and will be nice to drive. you can do minor stuff like ITR cams, header, etc an itll be a decently quick ride.

but if your gonna build a motor, do at least a 1.8L

jbhondatech
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
And not to burst your bubble, but an NA B16 is not really worth it, especially in the heavy EK chassis.

your gonna spend alot of money for not alot of power. The swap itself is fun and will be nice to drive. you can do minor stuff like ITR cams, header, etc an itll be a decently quick ride.

but if your gonna build a motor, do at least a 1.8L

hay don't hurt my feelings :cry:

Vteckidd
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
lol yuo know what i mean

Boostedek
11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
i just got done with my swap..this is what you need

99-00 SI rear T bracket(and use your stock rear mount)
99-00 SI timing belt side bracket(and use your stock driver side mount)
94-00 integra halfshaft and axle
94-00 integra shiftlinkage

And for the wiring if you dont want to have a hard time with rewire just get a 96-98 ex harness it just plug and play but you have to extend some wire that all...

Its shouldnt cost that much for part i spend around 150-200 on my swap parts..

Grimm Reeper
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
hay don't hurt my feelings :cry:

yaa mee two......:cry: