PDA

View Full Version : ruined wheels, airbags went off, windshield busted...

B_Hoov
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
just traded my truck on haloween for a SICK accord with a fully built H22A that is turbo'd, still on the break in tune, right at 5000mi, went a diffrent way home last night because the car is LOW and i knew there would be construction if i went the regular way...going down the road at maybe 35mph, speed limit is 45...no signs...no cones...10 feet in front of me that have cut up the road and dug up the ground to install a coulvert...well thay have put gravel in to fill the gap, from the road to the gravel was like a 4" straight down drop, same thing coming out, it's about 3 ft across, my car goes in and slams down...hit's the gravel, then hits the lip of the asphault coming out, i bent ALL 4 WHEELS to where they will not hold air, it was such a drop and the car hit soo hard that it set my air bags off!!! called dispatch and got a cop out there, he was very nice but kept reminding me that the car was lowered and modified etc...then a couple of cars come thru there...there air bags did not go off but they bent the **** out of there wheels! had to get a tow home, didn't hit the intercooler and i got a grant wheel today and put factory 7 spoke prelude wheels on it...im calling the county tomorrow to find out who the hell is responsible for that damn hole on the road...it's one thing if there are signs and cones and what not but there wern't and im looking at over 1000$ of damage here, didnt get the oil pan or anything and now my right side cv axle is shot im pretty sure...any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated...will post pics up when i take them tomorrow.

The BUCKY
11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
thats pretty crazy. if its an independant company doing the work you can deff get them for some ****. i know we had to be very careful about road work when we did it

KoukiDrftr
11-04-2007, 06:59 PM
i saw the car right after the accident... no good

The Ren
11-04-2007, 07:03 PM
yeah def. would call the DOT.. I'd be livid and I would show them pics and go back and take pics of the road..

Thighs
11-04-2007, 07:05 PM
sue the crap outta them.

that sucks ****

blackboi50
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
**** i hit a ****ing brick on 85 the other morning going to work...........did nothing to my car but knock the alignment out..........i was soooooo pissed i called DOT and Facked em up..............so i know how u feel!!!!!!.....gl with everything:(.......1

Brett
11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
since there is no more Team FX you want me to change your user name? :D

PRiMAdonna
11-04-2007, 07:27 PM
It's gonna be hard to sue but I would DEFINITELY try to get some sort or monitary settlement out of it...or atleast get them to pay the repair bills or SOMETHING. Sorry to hear about your car :cry:

SL65AMG
11-04-2007, 11:57 PM
they owe you AT LEAST what the damage costs, the downtime you've incurred, the bull**** factor.....

get your money man. but dont be a ****ing prick and be like i want 1mil.

Bballjamal
11-05-2007, 01:00 AM
You better get pics before they get signs put up!!!!!

speedminded
11-05-2007, 11:27 AM
City or County? There are normally forms to fill out for possible reimbursement...

1) Contact insurance and ask them what should be done.
2) Call the reponsible city or county department and go from there.

ryanh300
11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Damn that sucks man! Sorry to hear that and you even went the other way to avoid this bullsh%t sorry to hear about it but keep us posted!

4dmin
11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
i want to see pix of the car before/after

UpSideDownDesi
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
i bet the signs were up the next morning.

MachNU
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
since there is no more Team FX you want me to change your user name? :D

there still is a team fx, they have a club forum that has maybe 15 post over the last 5 months! :lmfao:

B_Hoov
11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
i dont think i can change my user name, if i could i would...someone from the county came by today and took pictures, went and got an estimate today for 7000$ apparently 6 other cars had the same outcome according to the chief engineer who came out today. im going to ask for 4500 and i keep the car, all i need is an air bag, wheels/tires, steering aligned, windshield and new driveshafts. he figured in a bumper, lights, paint, labor, all he could...and there is still a team fx, no longer a show/shine but somewhat of a race team if you will...

B_Hoov
11-06-2007, 05:34 PM
no bumper, windshield shattered, airbags etc...

Revmaynard
11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Damn son! ^^

That sucks alot. Hope you get that **** fixed.

MachNU
11-06-2007, 11:44 PM
i dont think i can change my user name, if i could i would...someone from the county came by today and took pictures, went and got an estimate today for 7000$ apparently 6 other cars had the same outcome according to the chief engineer who came out today. im going to ask for 4500 and i keep the car, all i need is an air bag, wheels/tires, steering aligned, windshield and new driveshafts. he figured in a bumper, lights, paint, labor, all he could...and there is still a team fx, no longer a show/shine but somewhat of a race team if you will...

lol they have a race team? never see of them...or hear of them for that matter :lmfao:

also that accord looked good, that pop hole kinda change the outlook. But dam least hte county is taking blame for it though! :goodjob:

B_Hoov
11-07-2007, 08:38 PM
the race team/club is underway, not a street race club but out of comerce, chris parsons ( buddah ) was heading it up last i heard, it's been a while since i heard from him so it might be nothing still...haven't heard anything from the county yet...