PDA

View Full Version : EF Meet detail-changes...

EvasiveEF9
11-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Guys, we got some problems. I was up in the mountains today (sunday) which is a day of lesser traffic. I was up there between about 11 and 3. During that time, I was clocked doing 66 in a 35 by a park ranger (that's a story all in itself. None the less, I didn't get a ticket or anything, but I don't have time to post details). While up there I also saw 3 GSP's (including the new dodge charger they have) one park ranger, and 2 lumpkin sheriff's....

We've got a couple options. We can either A) slow down and have a good time...just at a slower pace, and maybe it'll attract some no-show-ers to come like dare seeing as it'll be an easier run (and by that, I am NOT calling out Dare...just looking at positives of running slower) or B) we can try to find some different routes or C) Go early as **** in the morning.

What do ya'll wanna do? Personally...I vote A. Let's just slow it down to what...40-55mph-ish. Everyone will be able to keep a tighter pattern. We can do the longer run in less time seeing as we won't have to wait for people to catch up...stuff like that.

Not to mention...I don't know what the deal is, but I went up there with the Vortex which...as I've said...is a group of pretty good drivers. In the first leg a Jetta's rear end got loose and slid off the road, and almost over the edge. No damage, luckily, but then we re-grouped, recouped, and hit the road. I was second in line at this time, and the guy ahead of me shot ahead. Well...my car seemed to be sliding a little bit around curves, so I wasn't running what I normally run...but I lost him. Came around a turn and was waved down by him standing next to a bike. His back end came loose and he teetered and slid down the mountain. He was fine, but the car will spend time in a shop and had to be towed home and drug off the side of the mountain.

I don't know if it's new pavement, cold, or maybe a truck went through there and spilled stuff as he drove, or maybe we just had a bad day, or bad tires...but it's a little coincidental all of these events happened at one time.

Just something to consider...it looks like we'll be slowing down. Those of you that said they didn't wanna try driving the mountains, I would advise reconsidering. We'd love to have you along at a slower rate.

bigdare23
11-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the update homie! Safety first guys!!! So be smart while in the mountains!!!

{And I'm still not going!!!}

EvasiveEF9
11-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Bingo. Rather have safe fun (you know...like condoms) then come out with child support...

Dare, man, why not? We're slowin' down. Your car should do fine, man.

bigdare23
11-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Bingo. Rather have safe fun (you know...like condoms) then come out with child support...

Dare, man, why not? We're slowin' down. Your car should do fine, man.

It more than just my car now, so I cant make the mountain run.

AnTi-PooN
11-04-2007, 03:12 PM
slow FTW.... legal passing for those that still wanna go fast???

EvasiveEF9
11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
It more than just my car now, so I cant make the mountain run.
Gotcha...

slow FTW.... legal passing for those that still wanna go fast???
I mean if you wanna take the risk with GSP...that's all you. Me, personally...I'm not allowed to get any tickets or it'll delay and/or put my military status at jeopardy...

Cato ED-6
11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Well I was already going to drive at the speed limit. So nothing new to me.

A longer route would be cool, and I'm down for going earlier.

Legal passing??? I wouldn't, easy to get a ticket(wreckless driving) and not to mention dangerous.

Hopefully more people will come by hearing this.

Leave the racing for the track. :goodjob:

JDMJAYDC2
11-04-2007, 03:46 PM
well if we were going to go fast i was gonna ride with ben but seeing as we are going slow im down for it either way i wasnt gonna go fast due to my car

Papa_Smurf
11-04-2007, 05:39 PM
lame, slowing down FTL.

not what i had in mind for the mountain run.... but w/e, there's nothing really we can do.

seems like it's changed ALOT since the last EF mountain run. I remember the only cop we saw was the 1 going up the mountain when we were on the very tail end of the last let.

bigdare23
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
lame, slowing down FTL.

not what i had in mind for the mountain run.... but w/e, there's nothing really we can do.

seems like it's changed ALOT since the last EF mountain run. I remember the only cop we saw was the 1 going up the mountain when we were on the very tail end of the last let.

Personally, you dont have to go slow :tongue1:

But, I would trust the judgment of someone that grew up in that area.

Papa_Smurf
11-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Personally, you dont have to go slow :tongue1:

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

i'll still be going faster than you :D

JDMJAYDC2
11-04-2007, 05:55 PM
and me!!!

bigdare23
11-04-2007, 06:39 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

i'll still be going faster than you :D

Let's go in a straight line for $200 ;)

Papa_Smurf
11-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Let's go in a straight line for $200 ;)

sure, let me hook up my NAWWWWWWWWWWZ!

and i only said i would be going faster than u cause you're not comming to the mountains.

bigdare23
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
sure, let me hook up my NAWWWWWWWWWWZ!

and i only said i would be going faster than u cause you're not comming to the mountains.

NaWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WONT HELP YOU SON!!!!

{I know just messing with ya ;) }

wbhard3029
11-04-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah the run was crowded...plus my radiator bust...90zc...i might not be up for the meet...sorry
but i did go up tonight in my friends car..(oldsmobile alero (HONESTLY...NICE CAR FOR THE MTNS))...its fun as **** at night...only one deer and one raccoon....

ash7
11-05-2007, 07:59 AM
option A most def. :) I won't be driving, but I WILL be riding with 90ZC camera rollin. :D

(much love to my boo)
-jonathan

Papa_Smurf
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
look @ jonathan just inviting himself into my car like that....tsk tsk. lol

pm me and LMK whats up with the "situation" :ninja:

ash7
11-05-2007, 10:19 AM
...last time i checked you were asking me to ride. :)

my my my, how forgetful we can be at times. *sigh*

-jonathan

Papa_Smurf
11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
lol yea, i forgot about that. Throwing up for the last 24 hours tends to fucck with ur head bro :screwy:

Well, bring YOUR cam, because it's probably better than the one i got anywho.

And i'll still bring mine, maybe i can mount it in my car or my pop's car sumwhere....

ash7
11-05-2007, 11:06 AM
word up lil' niglet

-jonathan

EvasiveEF9
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Word up...? LoL

Alright, we'll slow it down a bit.

Cops arent' too hard up there most of the year. But there are certain seasons they watch more harshly. This just happens to be one of those seasons...

Papa_Smurf
11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
lame!

slowing down is gonna suck, but w/e, it'll still be fun. maybe if we keep an eye out for the cops and we dont see any, then we could kick it up a notch :D

bigdare23
11-05-2007, 10:29 PM
lame!

slowing down is gonna suck, but w/e, it'll still be fun. maybe if we keep an eye out for the cops and we dont see any, then we could kick it up a notch :D

Yeah, you can really see what's ahead of you in the twisties :rolleyes:

uproot
11-06-2007, 12:29 AM
so the plan is to still meet at the V at 9am?

Papa_Smurf
11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah, you can really see what's ahead of you in the twisties :rolleyes:

you know what i mean, if we dont see any cops the majority of the ride then we might go a little faster...

and why are you still in this thread when you're not comming to the mountains? lol

so the plan is to still meet at the V at 9am?

yup, me you and my pops gonna ride out like usual i assume...

EvasiveEF9
11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
uproot - Yes, 9am. Granted, I gotta come south, and then straight back up north for the twists...I'll be comin' down to see the V.

bigdare - LoLoL. Truth...

90ZC - You leave the leading up to me in the mountains...I'll do the best I can for us. But I personally CANNOT afford a ticket otherwise it WILL jeopardize my military status and career.