PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Best online story I've ever heard reguarding cars.

87 Turbo II
11-04-2007, 09:58 AM
This was on Rx-7 club, but I'd love to share it with you if you're into a read (THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME).

Originally entitled:
"Rx-7 got hit-and-run - and I f*cking caught the guy!"

The craziest story of my entire life has unfolded in front of my own eyes tonight.

At about 9pm, my friend Katie that lives in my apartment complex on the floor below mine called me with some of the worst news I could . "Your car got smashed up by someone - you need to come downstairs", she said. I felt my stomach turn instantly - "Katie, please tell me this is a ****ing joke." I desperately begged. "I'm sorry, I wish I could say it was - come downstairs OK?" she replied.

I walk down to the parking lot and see this:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wompa164/Laffo/hit/mycar.jpg

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wompa164/Laffo/hit/car2.jpg

"What the ****." is the only thing I could muster as I walk around my car to inspect it. I spotted Katie and approached her - "OK, please fill me in.". She proceeded to explain that 4 witnesses (all friends) saw the accident happen first hand and pointed me towards them. I went over and introduced myself and started asking them questions about the accident and what they saw.

"It was messed up, man. Someone in a truck backed up into your car once, went forward, and then floored it back into your car again. Your car slid forward from the impact and hit the car in front of you. We saw everything and started chasing after him to get his license plates, but he went like 50 through the parking lot to get away and we couldn't get close enough to see his plates - I'm sorry."

About a million things are running through my mind at this point; "Did it seem intentional?" I asked. "Absolutely - he floored it straight back the second time. Is there anyone that has it out for you?" they responded. "No, I don't have bad blood with anyone that I can think of" I said. "What can you tell me about the car?".

They told me it was a dark blue Ford F150. I kept pressing them for more details, and they were more than happy to continue providing them. The truck was an 'FX4' edition with exhaust and a lift. The rear window was adorned with a white sticker in the shape of Texas. They couldn't tell me much more, but I was beyond thankful for such a detailed description. The police arrived and I gave them everything I could for their report. All 4 of the witnesses gave their testimony to the officer and their contact information. The police said they would notify all cruisers and that I could come get a copy of the report in the morning to submit to my insurance.

I was seething with anger and horribly depressed at the same time. I knew the odds of finding the guy were pretty much non-existent, especially because I couldn't think of anyone that would want to do something like that to me. Well, I'm not on good terms with my friend that lives down the hall from me, but we were practically inseparable during the fall semester and no major drama occurred - I just stopped hanging out with him because he turned into an arrogant burnout ******* and started acting like a **** towards me.

Anyways, after thanking the officer for coming out and giving my utmost gratitude to the witnesses, I drove to my buddy John's house, an (ex)rotary owner and very good friend. I told him what had happened and expressed his contempt and gave me his sympathies. I asked him if he would mind driving around the city with me to help look for the truck, both of us well knowing that our chances of finding the guy driving around were approaching 1 in 1,000,000,000.

He jumped in and we drove around for the next hour and a half, keeping a very close eye out for any trucks that matched the description. We found a few that were pretty close, but none of them were really spot-on with the details that the witnesses provided. After realizing the futility of my situation, I decided to pack it in for the night. "Alright, it was worth a shot but we're not going to find anything tonight - do you mind if I take you home?" I said to my friend, dejected. Almost before I could finish my sentence, a blue truck crossed into my peripheral view in the lane beside us.

Gently squeezing on the brakes, the back of his truck came into view. My eyes immediately locked on the white sticker on the lower corner of his rear window - it was in the shape of Texas. I looked at the side of his truck - an 'FX4'. It was lifted up and it had exhaust. I turn to my friend John, "Hey, doesn't that truck look exactly like the description the witnesses gave?" I asked. "It matches up perfectly.." he responded.

After my eyes noticed the trailer hitch on the back of his car, there was no longer a shred of doubt in my mind - that was the mother****er. The damage to my rear bumper had a very unique shape to it, and it matched the profile of his trailer hitch exactly. "Dude, look at his trailer hitch!" I half-screamed at my friend. I cut over into his lane to get behind him, and he immediately SLAMS on his brakes. Too bad for him, RX-7s are equipped with fantastic 4-pot brakes from the factory and my car grabbed the pavement, coming to an immediate stop.

"Ok, this guy is ****ED." I said to my friend as I slammed my shifter back into first gear. About 50 feet up the road he tries the exact same maneuver - with the exact same results. I've got him trapped - with 400rwhp, 4-pot brakes, Potenza S03s and the wrath of the rotary gods surging through my hands and feet, he was ****ed. In a COPS-esque display of desperation, he jumps over the curb on his right and starts driving across the Texas A&M campus lawn, cutting across a 2-mile wide field. I realized I couldn't follow him across the field, so I pulled a u-turn and watched his brake lights fade off.

After watching the direction he was taking across the field, I predicted where he was heading. I turned onto the street running parallel to the field and redlined every gear at full boost in attempt to catch up with him. I spotted him exiting the field, where he cut across both directions of traffic - right back into my lane about 500 feet in front of me. Desperate to lose my tail, he quickly darted onto another street. It was the worst street he could have picked - a 3 mile long straight away.

Nearly bouncing off the limiter as I rev-matched perfectly to 7,000RPMs, I downshifted into second gear and entered the sweeping turn. I squeezed on the throttle and counter-steered slightly as I exited the corner, going wide-open throttle and hitting full boost as soon as I eliminated my slip angle. After 10 seconds, I was less than 50 feet from his bumper. I told my friend to call the police, because I had a perfect view of his license plate.

He called the police and read them the plates as we continued our chase. The truck turned onto some narrow backroads, and after 3 minutes of hopelessly trying to outrun me, he only had 1 option left: go somewhere I couldn't. He jumped his truck into a huge ditch and crossed over into the other lane of traffic, and I wasn't going to risk damage to my car to continue our epic chase.

I already had gotten his plates. The police sent out two officers to update our statements and verified that the plates matched his vehicle.

Through some of the most bizzare detective work imaginable, I played connect-the-dots and 4 hours later found myself 2 inches away from his parked truck.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wompa164/Laffo/hit/truck.jpg

87 Turbo II
11-04-2007, 10:00 AM
After returning home from our adrenaline-filled chase, we sat around and discussed possible options of recourse. "Trust me" I said, "I would like nothing more than to hunt him down and smash every window in his truck and ****ing beat his face in with your breaker bar, but I know that's not the right move right now."

"Yeah," they agreed, "doing something like that right now is going to make this situation a lot worse." My mind raced along, dancing happily with images of waiting beside his truck and approaching him with a long steel bar in my hand. A huge smile crossed my face, but I realized that I wouldn't be able to make that a reality for two reasons: I had absolutely no idea who he was or where he lived, and I knew that I would probably go to jail.

I left my car at my friends house for the night and he gave me a lift back to my apartment.

As soon as I walked through my door, I sat down at my computer and visited Facebook.com in hopes of making some kind of connection. I began backtracking and thinking back to my friend that lives down the hall (the one I mentioned in part one). About a month ago, I stopped hanging out with him because he started dealing drugs and spent every waking moment smoking weed and playing Quake. We were hanging out after class one day while he smoked, and I told him that he should slow down a little; he responded by telling me to shut up and to mind my own business. "I'm not trying to be an ******* man, I'm just looking out for you as your friend - we were really good friends all during the fall semester, but it seems like now your life revolves around smoking weed and playing Quake 3 all day - don't you think you're going to turn into a burnout?" I asked him.

It got really uncomfortable after that, and I ended up excusing myself a few minutes later. I stopped going over to his apartment completely and we just stopped seeing each other. On the morning before the accident, I found myself killing time on Facebook. I visited my hallmates profile and noticed a few comments from his friend Brad, one of his loser drug dealer friends that I had met on a few occasions - he was always nice to me and I was always pleasant to him.

So, after the nights events, I visited my hallmates profile again, looking for the impossible chance that I could tie together some kind of lead. I noticed the comments that his friend Brad had left on his wall earlier had disappeared. "That's kind of weird," I thought. I figured that my hallmate might have deleted his comment for whatever reason, so I looked through his friends list to see if I could find him that way. He wasn't there - it's like he disappeared into thin air. I sent my hallmates profile to a few of my friends to see if they could see Brad's comment - maybe it was some kind of bug.

"Yeah man," my friend told me, "I see it right here". 4 more of my friends proceeded to tell me the same thing - they could all see Brad's account and comments. "OK," I thought - "this is pretty weird now". I started looking through the Facebook privacy settings, and I found an option for blocking people - giving you the ability to appear completely non-existent to someone. "Hmm, why would this guy block me?" I thought to myself.

And then I remembered it - Brad drove a truck. During one of our brief conversations, he asked me about my car. I returned the small chat by asking him about his car - a truck.

Brad drove a truck, he had become completely invisible to me, and he was very intimately associated with the only person I was not on good terms with. OK.

I had my friends view his Facebook profile and get me his address. He lived at Traditions, one of the expensive off-campus student housing complexes. I felt like I was being paranoid and ridiculous, but I couldn't resist. I drove over to Traditions with my friend, and we parked down the street and walked over to the parking garage.

"I'm sorry for dragging you out here," I apologized. "I know this seems really silly and paranoid, and the odds of this panning out are practically non-existent" I said. "It's ok," he said, "let's just go take a look." We walked up the parking garage between rows of cars, looking for a blue truck.

Two stories up.
A blue Ford F150 FX4.
With a sticker.
With the exact same license plate.

"Holy ****ing ****. I can't ****ing believe this.." I said to my friend in disbelief.

It all came back to him. One of my best friends that I went to high school with. My hallmate that lives no more than 25 feet down the hall from me. He had his friend smash my ****ing car.

He's going to be slapped with multiple felonys and I'm going to sue the ****ing **** out of him. And that's not even the start of it.

87 Turbo II
11-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Ok guys, here's the final update so everyone can have their damn closure :D

After finding the truck sitting in the parking garage, I was freaked out. I didn't really think my suspicion was going to pan out, but the evidence was sitting right in front of me.

My friend couldn't believe it either. There were so many things I wanted to do to his truck at that moment - I wanted to bash in every window with my fist. I wanted to pour brake fluid over the entire car. I wanted to loosen all of his lugnuts - I was laughing over the hilarious mental image of him driving off and all 4 of his wheels falling off simultaneously.

But I knew I couldn't do any of that. It had been a very long night and I knew anything I did now would just complicate things down the line, so I went home and rolled around in bed while I tried to fall asleep; my mind was still racing a million miles a minute.

The next morning when I woke up, I was greeted by a few PMs on the forums. Some mystery man that worked for a repossession company had taken the liberty of running the guys license plates. He sent me all of his personal information, including his home address back in Houston and all of his phone numbers.

I decided to lay low and start building evidence against him. I didn't try to contact him or my ex-friend down the hall - I acted completely stupid and hopeless like I had no clue about anything. My ******* ex-friend down the hall was very persistent in asking me what was going on with the police investigation. I acted very disheartened and disappointed and told him they wern't really doing anything to help and that I still had no idea who it might have been.

Every night for the next week, I went to his parking garage to start gathering evidence. On the fourth night, I struck pure gold - for some reason, he decided to put the trailer hitch back on. I guess because the police hadn't contacted him yet and because I kept acting dumb to his middle man (ex-friend down the hall) he assumed he was in the clear. Haha, big ****ing mistake!

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wompa164/Pictures/2007/07/trailer.jpg

Boy, that pattern sure looks familiar...

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wompa164/Pictures/2007/07/damage.jpg

Excited as hell, I continued to play stupid and disheartened to my ex-friend whenever he would try to squeeze information out of me. After compiling a bunch of the evidence (photographs, sequence of events, etc.) I called the officer handling my case and requested a meeting with him. We sat down together the next day and I presented him with all of the information I had collected over the past week. He was very impressed with the amount of detective work I had done and assured me he would follow up on everything.

Well after not hearing anything for the next two weeks, I called the officer handling my case again. He told me that he had tried calling the guy with the truck at least 4 times, and he showed up 3 times at his apartment with no answer (big surprise). He said that because he couldn't get in touch with the suspect for questioning, the case was now 'inactive' since nothing further could be done.

I was ****ing furious, and he definitely knew it. I told him that was ****ing ridiculous and that I wanted to see the Sergeant immediately. He hesitantly walked to the back office and retrieved an old, fat, sarcastic shell of a man in a blue uniform. I introduced myself and briefly explained my case and the situation, and he just kept saying 'uh-huh' and gave me this sarcastic '**** off' look the whole time I was talking. I wanted to punch him in the ****ing face because he was making absolutely no effort to even pretend to be interested in what I was saying - the only thing he was interested in protecting and serving was the **** in his ass. The police 'investigation' was officially made 'inactive' because they couldn't reach the suspect for questioning (even though I provided them with his parents address back in Houston) and I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere - especially with this Sergeant overseeing everything.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a cop-hater by any means. I have a lot of respect for the police and the fact that they put their lives in danger every day to protect other citizens, but at this point I was ****ing infuriated. "So because this kid decides to avoid you by not picking up his phone or answer the door, you can't do anything more and I get ****ed, is that basically what you're saying?". I grabbed all of my pictures, slammed my folder shut and kicked the chair back under the table and stormed out. "Have a nice day" the Sergeant said as I turned to leave. "**** off" I said with my back turned as I proceeded to walk out of the station.

The next day I decided to give the kid's Dad a call with the home phone number that I had gotten with the rest of his personal information. "Hello?" the voice on the other end of the line said. "Hello, may I ask who I'm speaking with?..."

"Hello." I replied. "Is this the father of Robby Blake?" I asked. The voice on the other end of the line suddenly got very quiet.

"Yes I am his father, may I ask who's calling?". I proceeded to introduce myself and explained that my car had recently become victim to a pretty serious case of vandalism. For the next 20 minutes, I explained that his son had done a considerable amount of damage to my car. I provided him with some basic information about the situation, but I didn't want to give away any of the critical secret evidence that I had been gathering.

He seemed rather confused and I don't think he was taking me completely serious yet. "Your son is facing a handful of state-jail felonies because of his actions, and I'm dead serious about that." I continued to explain how the police had been trying to get in touch with his son over the past week and that they were very serious about prosecuting him with the evidence I had gathered.

"Before I decide to pursue any further action with the police, how would you like to have a meeting to discuss all of this?" I proposed. He quickly agreed and we settled on a place in town for the following Saturday.

Saturday finally rolls around and I walk in the door of our agreed meeting place with my folder of evidence gripped firmly in my left hand. I spot his dad sitting down at a table by himself - great. I walk up to the table, extend my hand to greet his father, and purposely let the folder of pictures fall open on the table in front of him. "Oops," I said, "you wern't supposed to see that yet.."

I closed the folder and sat down across from him. After exchanging a few civilities, I started getting right down to business. I started going through the events of the entire night of the hit-and-run with him, providing him with pictures as I talked. "You'll probably want to see this before I go any further" and I handed him a complete copy of the police report.

The police officer handling my case had mistakenly wrote in all of the suspects personal information under 'Vehicle #2' in the accident report. When the police report was filled out, Vehicle #2 simply was the unknown car with unknown driver that hit my car. However after I provided him with pictures of the kids truck, his license plate number, and all of his personal contact information - he updated the report and mistakenly filled out all of that information under the 'Vehicle #2' section of the police report - making it look like the police KNEW he was the one that damaged my car.

"As you can see from this official copy of the police report, your son was undoubtedly the one who vandalized my vehicle." I continued to feed him pictures of his trailer hitch and the damage to my rear bumper - an exact match. I continued explaining my current plan of action - filing a civil lawsuit and pursuing criminal charges with the police investigation (which I conveniently failed to mention was now 'inactive'...).

My eyes widened as he reached into his back pocket. "Look," he said, "this was obviously a very bad decision on my son's part, and looking at this police report he was obviously the one at fault - I'll do whatever it takes to fix this situation so we can forget about it and move on with our respective lives."

He pulled out a checkbook and carefully laid it on the desk in front of him. "Well lets start by taking a look at these.." I said, sliding over the itemized repair bill from Dallas' most expensive bodyshop. "$3500 is what it cost me out of pocket to repair my car to satisfaction after your son vandalized my car."

20 minutes later, I shook his hand stood up. I walked out of the door with a check for $5000 in my wallet. "Haha, sucker.." I said under my breath as I walked slowly towards my once-again beautiful FD sitting by itself in the parking lot, admiring the brand new authentic OEM '99-spec front bumper and turn lamps that his dad just paid for.

"Too bad insurance already paid for the entire repair, *******.." were the last words to escape my mouth before all the noise in the cabin was drowned out by the sound of my turbochargers spooling up.

EmminoDaGreat
11-04-2007, 10:11 AM
not bad so far.

SLOWLYbtngU
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
:werd:

Dude, is he a novelist? My goodness, it is extrememly well written. Is this supposed to be true?

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Got damn that **** is EXTREMELY WELL written².

I cant wait for the rest, lol.

87 Turbo II
11-04-2007, 10:34 AM
:werd:

Dude, is he a novelist? My goodness, it is extrememly well written. Is this supposed to be true?
It is true, the guy just knows how to write. Also, parts 2 and 3 are up.

OneSlow5pt0
11-04-2007, 10:44 AM
x2...that was very well written

SLOWLYbtngU
11-04-2007, 10:46 AM
It is true, the guy just knows how to write. Also, parts 2 and 3 are up.
Hehehe..Yeah I know... I subscribed ;) and came back a while ago. Very good story.. reps for you, for a :goodjob: good find.

EmminoDaGreat
11-04-2007, 10:47 AM
someone got pwnd

TheDarkRacer
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
hell yea dude, i saw that **** and only planed on reading the first few lines but i kinda go drawn into it(lol damn all of you good writers!) and yea that made me ROFL and wanna go give the guy all the money i had atm... lol yea its worth the hour read...

Benefit
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
wheres the rest or is that all?

BuBBa DRiFT
11-04-2007, 05:47 PM
damn, great story.

Kevykev
11-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Good Read, He surely 'paid it forward' in the end!

TheDarkRacer
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
there are 3 parts i think.... and they are goooooddddd

87 Turbo II
11-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm really glad you guys liked it, I thought it was great myself. Definitely one to remember. And, just because I think it's nice to give credit directly, here is a link to the story directly (but all you need to read is up there ^^)

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=536097

atlxpat
11-04-2007, 10:53 PM
damn, that was pretty well written
pretty intense story

Elbow
11-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Cool story....but it was just a FD lol

changaroo
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
good read, almost written to well to be believable -.-

VooDooXII
11-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Hah, great story...very well written, and quite a nice car too.

DrivenMind
11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
****ing priceless.

Very well written indeed.

coolcat
11-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Cool story....but it was just a FD lol

I'd have been madder than sh1t if someone did that even to my peice o' crap Civic. Awesome story!! He should have de-lugged the the truck after cashing the check, lolol.

chituntang
11-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Great story!!! Hope this never happens to anybody here

Glides
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Yea, good thing he so expertly wrote it out and was sure to detail how he had scammed the guys father so that further damage can be done to his FD when the kid finds out about it. Way to go superfly.

R3RUN
11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Same sort of **** happend when my brother's jeep got spray painted over the summer. Cops didn't do **** because they said it was impossible for them to find out who did it. It took me less than 2 hours to figure it out. Oh well. Awesome story, nice to see the assholes in this world get ****ed over every now and then.

SE-Rious1
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
long ass stuff man i got sleepy reading it all but yeah id be kicking ass

R32Dragon
11-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Excellent self-restraint by that dude.
Instead of 5,000 bucks, I woulda ended up with bruised fists and a warrant...

Frög
11-07-2007, 03:03 AM
$$5000 damn thats golden..

udontknowme
11-07-2007, 03:59 AM
WOW!! I hate to see Mazdas disrespected! great story ... I might have to share that story.

koolaidman
11-07-2007, 10:43 AM
wow, that was the best story ive herd in a while! very well written! Glad justice came back to bite them in the balls

1439/2000
11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Excellent job. With patience he ended up doing out better than before it started. Awesome read.

rojodamonkey
11-07-2007, 07:42 PM
great story