PDA

View Full Version : G35

b.a.d. s2000
11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
i am thinking about getting a G35 coupe. what are the pros and cons about the car?? any common problems? any input is appreciated.

GirlieZ
11-04-2007, 12:24 AM
what is your intentions for the car? performance or comfort?

jaystar
11-04-2007, 09:15 AM
u should really search for a g35 forum u would get more info there

BTLFED
11-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I deal with G35s all day. What do you want to know?

Shut up Justine. It's not like you know **** anyway.

tony
11-04-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm on my second one.. if you plan to be the fastest or mod for relatively cheap it is not the car for you.

If you want a car the looks good, sounds good and really responds well to a simple drop and wheels.. its one of the best out there. The torque is good, comfort isn't top notch but better than average.

First one I had, tons of problems. Transmission, engine, everything.. second one I havent had an issue as of yet.

cobalt9123
11-04-2007, 09:31 AM
heard the interior is noisy and theres some cracks/rattles that shouldn't happen with a car like that, but that's happened in both the 350z and g35's i've ridden/drove, it's not HORRIBLE though, they do have a badass interior which is a plus, not the fastest in the world though, DON'T get the automatic, definately get 6speed, if you're looking for performance then i'd look elsewhere(Evo, wrx, etc)

BTLFED
11-04-2007, 09:31 AM
You ended up buying another one Tony? What year is your new one?

pipeline
11-04-2007, 09:48 AM
buy an altima SE-R..:goodjob: dont go for the hype!!! :D

BTLFED
11-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Comparing an Altima to a G35 coupe is ridiculous. G35 > Altima

pipeline
11-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Comparing an Altima to a G35 coupe is ridiculous. G35 > Altima

:doh: i know.... just figured i would break it up a little....:D

GirlieZ
11-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm on my second one.. if you plan to be the fastest or mod for relatively cheap it is not the car for you.

If you want a car the looks good, sounds good and really responds well to a simple drop and wheels.. its one of the best out there. The torque is good, comfort isn't top notch but better than average.

First one I had, tons of problems. Transmission, engine, everything.. second one I havent had an issue as of yet.
did you get a new g37 coupe tony? my friend works for nissan and has the 08 g sedan for a year....he said nissan was coming out with g37x hopefully within the next product year, which im game for, since i am moving north.....

to dudebuddy...depends what year and what is your intention...the new g's are def more on the luxury side then the sporty, and your going to have to do some modding to tie down that body roll b.c the g's are beefy. Both g's and z's cant do standing burnouts...unless nissan changed it, since the car cuts the throttle when the brakes are applied. its not much the straight line car with its stock suspension set up, i have the first version vq (with more tq), and with my hp numbers(full bolt on/utec), ppl are running low 13's on street tires and high 12's on stickies. i guess ill see what she does on fri at sdr. the internals are weak on the car but i heard the new heads on the 07/08 engine are more condusive for boost. i say lsX swap ftw!

g'luck, and pm me if you decide on one... can get you damn near dealer cost on a nissan

3.5altman
11-04-2007, 09:26 PM
buy an altima SE-R..:goodjob: dont go for the hype!!! :D

ha ha ha altima se-r's are slow as hell... g35's are hot, i thought about getting one. not for power but for looks and looking pimp. the new 4 door's are tyte too

chituntang
11-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Pros- Sexy, Pretty fast
Cons- Heavy, sh*tty interior (from what I heard), only 04 has the Brembo brake option

BTLFED
11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Pros- Sexy, Pretty fast
Cons- Heavy, sh*tty interior (from what I heard), only 04 has the Brembo brake option

03 and 04, because in 05 they gave ALL models bigger brakes. I have no idea where you get the "sh*tty interior" comment from. No one I've seen has said that, and I sell Infiniti parts for a living.

bu villain
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I have owned my '05 coupe for about a year now, tracked it once so far. I hear a lot more compaints about the '03/04s (e.g., oil consumption) so I would recommend an 05 or above. Personally, I have had no rattling problems and the non-brembo brakes worked surprisingly well under track conditions. Here are my pro's/con's list for you based on my experience and complaints I hear from other owners.

Cons:
1. Heavy (3500 lbs) and therfore needs lots of power to be "fast". Bolt ons won't do much for increasing HP.
2. Semi-large blind spot
3. Expensive to mod (or so I hear, never modded a honda or anything). I was very happy with the difference some relatively cheap items like sways and strut bar made
4. Requires modification to completely turn traction control off. It's not too hard though.

Pros:
1. Overall one of the better cars in this price range (good blend of performance, looks, and comfort)
2. Plenty of vendors for parts
3. Large helpful community

Of course as always, determining if it's the right car for you depends on what you are looking for. If you wanna drag car, this is not the one for you. Be glad to answer specific questions if you got em.