PDA

View Full Version : Varsity, BP, Sonic, etc (downfall/future of meets)

4dmin
11-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Back in the day we used to meet at a shop off of buford hwy called Hybrid later we used to pack out the lot so much that you couldn't get cars in/out. Then we moved to Toys R Us meets which were massive 200+ cars/bikes, Vdub guys claimed Varsity 1st thursday of every month then other groups followed suit, Park n Ride for the street racers, North point/Target started with the weekly meets, BP for the ricers/racers, and finally Sonic....

Almost every place our scene has started and moved too has been shut down due to idiots burning out, drag racing, littering, fights, etc. If we were able to lock down a Meeting place at a shop every Friday or Sat night who would be down for starting a new tradition. If we went back to a shop lot we can't get kicked out and we can kick out the trouble makers.

anyone?

NAIZBST
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I am down for a place to meet up or hangout and can have a fun time minus the troublemakers

bigdare23
11-03-2007, 11:51 AM
I am down for a place to meet up or hangout and can have a fun time minus the troublemakers

cosign

ProjectWidow
11-03-2007, 11:52 AM
That sounds like a good idea! I always heard about the crazy Toy's R Us meets. Wish I would known about it back then.

RandomGuy
11-03-2007, 11:55 AM
nice

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-03-2007, 11:55 AM
As long as it's close to us Gwinnett folks, then I'm down.

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Interesting. This sounds like a great idea for IA folks and people that are into the whole hanging out thing. But for the street racers it might not be so "cool" as some of you will call it. I would go, just to hangout alittle and see if anyone, which im sure they won't be. But be down to run, of course even though we will have some decent cars if this goes down. We will also have ricers.

4dmin
11-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Interesting. This sounds like a great idea for IA folks and people that are into the whole hanging out thing. But for the street racers it might not be so "cool" as some of you will call it. I would go, just to hangout alittle and see if anyone, which im sure they won't be. But be down to run, of course even though we will have some decent cars if this goes down. We will also have ricers.

***WE DO NOT SUPPORT STREET RACING***

with that said every meet we have done has generated such actions... sh!t i loved hanging out and riding w/ the street crowd. they are the guys that normally know their rides. either way a new hang out would be a good point for those to meet and not get in trouble. i'm not saying that the shop we will have it at will endorse street racing but i don't think we could control what anyone does outside of their property. :goodjob:

©hris
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
AAP/R2B2 has a HUGE parking lot. They are in an old car dealership now.... There is a guy on IA that comes to the Gwinnett meet every week and his dad runs the shop there. They are also a customer of mine. Its next to gwinnett place mall... maybe i can work something out???

lmk

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:18 PM
***WE DO NOT SUPPORT STREET RACING***

with that said every meet we have done has generated such actions... sh!t i loved hanging out and riding w/ the street crowd. they are the guys that normally know their rides. either way a new hang out would be a good point for those to meet and not get in trouble. i'm not saying that the shop we will have it at will endorse street racing but i don't think we could control what anyone does outside of their property. :goodjob:If thats the case than this new meet will be full of IA queers and people with slow ass rides. Lolol. But whatever im down for whatever, either way it should be interesting to see how this little idea turns out.

mocha latte cupcake
11-03-2007, 12:26 PM
waa waa the spike mischief maker wants to run with the big kids... it happens regardless but IA has never supported street racing...

on that note: yeah i'm totally down for when i move back or even come back to hang out, cause i would hate to come back for a weekend of fun, only to see that no one meets up anymore... so i'm down for whatever! and the Toys R us meets were awesome, and the NP meets used to be HUGE...

Ruiner
11-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I should be allowed to shoot those who do burnouts like that.

Maybe we should just walk around with open carries (for those that can). Perhaps stuff wouldn't escalate if they knew...hmmm.

©hris
11-03-2007, 12:29 PM

Maybe we should just walk around with open carries (for those that can). Perhaps stuff wouldn't escalate if they knew...hmmm.

we should have them at cornerstone grill in the G-Spot lol

which btw ruiner.... keep an eye on the WL for me next post ;)

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:30 PM
waa waa the spike mischief maker wants to run with the big kids... it happens regardless but IA has never supported street racing...

on that note: yeah i'm totally down for when i move back or even come back to hang out, cause i would hate to come back for a weekend of fun, only to see that no one meets up anymore... so i'm down for whatever! and the Toys R us meets were awesome, and the NP meets used to be HUGE...Im not even going to try to explain it to you. What for, it would be like trying to explain to a dog not to smell its own shit but in the end of the day, its just not gonna happen. Im sure these meets would be all fun and dandy for all the slow online geeks. So go for it, im gonna laugh at all the ricerness so it would be entertaining for me either way.

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:31 PM

Maybe we should just walk around with open carries (for those that can). Perhaps stuff wouldn't escalate if they knew...hmmm.What a joke! :lmfao:

Ruiner
11-03-2007, 12:32 PM
What a joke! :lmfao:

Of course it is a joke. However, there has to be some way to keep people from doing stupid ****. Hmmm, I'll give it some thought.

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Of course it is a joke. However, there has to be some way to keep people from doing stupid ****. Hmmm, I'll give it some thought.So you're going to walk around with a loaded gun just in case what? In case some ******s say something that what? Explain, LOLOL! All people now a days have guns, I've seen people pull it out numerous times and nothing ever happens. Its a nice toy to stop trouble, but why would there be any of this meet will be started cause of IA?

home of homofags!

4dmin
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Im not even going to try to explain it to you. What for, it would be like trying to explain to a dog not to smell its own shit but in the end of the day, its just not gonna happen. Im sure these meets would be all fun and dandy for all the slow online geeks. So go for it, im gonna laugh at all the ricerness so it would be entertaining for me either way.

um i'm wondering exactly what you drive that makes everyone slow???

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:43 PM
um i'm wondering exactly what you drive that makes everyone slow???With my experinces with ImportAtlanta meets, only the kills forum people are faster than me. The rest are weaksause compared to me. Lol by next year some won't even come close. But its only a little wrx, nothing special.

13Bracer
11-03-2007, 12:43 PM
i mliking that idea...:goodjob:

soul
11-03-2007, 12:48 PM
With my experinces with ImportAtlanta meets, only the kills forum people are faster than me. The rest are weaksause compared to me. Lol by next year some won't even come close. But its only a little wrx, nothing special.
wow, you drive maybe a aht stage 2 wrx? and in the next year it wont even be close? you sound like a ricer now, "in the next year im gonna make my car fatser, yea new turbo and built and ****, wait and see" well in a year when your not so slow then talk **** about slow cars on IA cause ur right there

Ruiner
11-03-2007, 12:50 PM
So you're going to walk around with a loaded gun just in case what? In case some ******s say something that what? Explain, LOLOL! All people now a days have guns, I've seen people pull it out numerous times and nothing ever happens. Its a nice toy to stop trouble, but why would there be any of this meet will be started cause of IA?

home of homofags!

I said that it was a joke, Maniac. I was trying to generate a few laughs...but, n/m. I guess it feel short of the mark.

I had an image in my head of people walking around with guns on their hips and rifles slung over their shoulders...it humored me.

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:51 PM
wow, you drive maybe a aht stage 2 wrx? and in the next year it wont even be close? you sound like a ricer now, "in the next year im gonna make my car fatser, yea new turbo and built and ****, wait and see" well in a year when your not so slow then talk **** about slow cars on IA cause ur right thereLol @ stg 2. Yep thats all it is. And no, next year I will have an upgraded intercooler.

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I said that it was a joke, Maniac. I was trying to generate a few laughs...but, n/m. I guess it feel short of the mark.

I had an image in my head of people walking around with guns on their hips and rifles slung over their shoulders...it humored me.Glad I could help. But guns and people walking around with a loaded gun, isn't something someone should consider a "joke".

4dmin
11-03-2007, 12:53 PM
With my experinces with ImportAtlanta meets, only the kills forum people are faster than me. The rest are weaksause compared to me. Lol by next year some won't even come close. But its only a little wrx, nothing special.

how little post up some numbers?

Ruiner
11-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Glad I could help. But guns and people walking around with a loaded gun, isn't something someone should consider a "joke".

If they are all legal, I have no real fears. :thinking:

A legally armed society is typically a more "polite" society. Just look at Kennessaw...

Maniaç
11-03-2007, 12:56 PM
how little post up some numbers?The majority of IA meets are filled with 100-250whp cars. Some are quick some aren't.

If they are all legal, I have no real fears. :thinking:

A legally armed society is typically a more "polite" society. Just look at Kennessaw...This is true.

4dmin
11-03-2007, 01:00 PM
The majority of IA meets are filled with 100-250whp cars. Some are quick some aren't.

This is true.

i'm talking about your numbers not everyone elses... i always find it funny everyone bashing each others rides... if someone takes a 15s car and gets 13s out of minor bolt on then that is impressive no matter what the ride... when someone buys a 13s ride and runs 13s that isn't impressive.

i'm sure i could build a car for 1/2 the price then your new WRX that would destroy it in the 1/4 or on road course. apples to oranges.

Jimmy B
11-03-2007, 01:47 PM
paul, you KNOW the meets will never be like they were,... back then racers, show'rs, trucks, bikes, lowerd, lifted.. and even just the kids that had stock cars all hung together,.. now, everyone judges eachother. it MIGHT work for a few times, then the trouble will start and cops will be watching it, ESPECIALLY for kids racing with quick from the factory cars..

4dmin
11-03-2007, 01:49 PM
paul, you KNOW the meets will never be like they were,... back then racers, show'rs, trucks, bikes, lowerd, lifted.. and even just the kids that had stock cars all hung together,.. now, everyone judges eachother. it MIGHT work for a few times, then the trouble will start and cops will be watching it, ESPECIALLY for kids racing with quick from the factory cars..

you may be right, we used to have the **** of meets... hell i remember the xrated shows those ruled too ;)

TIGERJC
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I do like the idea of another V style meet

Maniac why do you always have to turn something into my car is faster than yours thing, and/or always announcing street racing in almost any thread that that has anything to do with car meets? I think it is common knowledge that you like to run your car and you dont like hanging out in park lots. Also everyone has to start somewhere

The Ren
11-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Sucks cause ive only been on here for close to 3 years now and meets have completely changed even since ive been on here.. I cant even imagine how much they probably once were.. but id definatly be up to try it paul

Ruiner
11-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Sucks cause ive only been on here for close to 3 years now and meets have completely changed even since ive been on here.. I cant even imagine how much they probably once were.. but id definatly be up to try it paul

I miss the old days... back when I had the VR-4. Those days are long gone, however.

*sigh*

The Ren
11-03-2007, 01:59 PM
I never got to see it unfourtunately.... wish I had

Jimmy B
11-03-2007, 02:02 PM
karen, you should have been around for fantasy nights, the PI show at masquarade, HIN when they first came to ATL, the Hybrid show....

now THOSE were the days

The Ren
11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I bet... I got to be at the last HIN in ATL and I was soo dissapointed.. but hey even when you had your old parties.. the halloween one a few years ago was fun as ****.. I miss those days..

Dracc
11-03-2007, 02:22 PM
i would be down.. but your going to have that one Idiot to mess it up and do something stupid..

©hris
11-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Things could go back to the way it was... just gotta get the word out and make it happen. Its gonna take time but the scene got to be the way it used to be by word of mouth.... just gotta do it again.

Jimmy B
11-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Things could go back to the way it was... just gotta get the word out and make it happen. Its gonna take time but the scene got to be the way it used to be by word of mouth.... just gotta do it again.

No chris, your foolin yourself.. lol

it wont, because theyre arent the shows there were, the clubs arent there.. it was a fad, came, and went.. yes, there will ALWAYS be people modding cars, but how it was then, no more..

1439/2000
11-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Yeah yeah we get it. Does EVERY post have to point out you are all for carrying guns? Nobody thinks you are a badass because of it.

LOL begin

IA meets are sort of impossible since there are thousands of people that are just dumb that you wouldnt want to hang out with anyway.

Why dont the people on here from while back just call each other and hang out? Thats what I do when I want to exclude retards.

You think only people with faster cars post in the kills forum? Believe it or not there are way more people with fast cars THAT DONT CARE ENOUGH to even post in there. WRX fanboi for the lose.

4dmin
11-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah yeah we get it. Does EVERY post have to point out you are all for carrying guns? Nobody thinks you are a badass because of it.

LOL begin

IA meets are sort of impossible since there are thousands of people that are just dumb that you wouldnt want to hang out with anyway.

Why dont the people on here from while back just call each other and hang out? Thats what I do when I want to exclude retards.

You think only people with faster cars post in the kills forum? Believe it or not there are way more people with fast cars THAT DONT CARE ENOUGH to even post in there. WRX fanboi for the lose.

lol :cheers:

ProjectWidow
11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
No chris, your foolin yourself.. lol

it wont, because theyre arent the shows there were, the clubs arent there.. it was a fad, came, and went.. yes, there will ALWAYS be people modding cars, but how it was then, no more..
Yeh I remember the first Fantasy Night I went too and the X-Rated vs PI days. It seems like shows were every weekend and people would always have something new done by then. Seemed like people were just about having a good time, now its all about politics, and who's more of a badass.

I gotta agree with you Jimmy, I don't think it will be like it used to be.

C22H19N3O4
11-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Mexicans always have something to prove. :lmfao:

MachNU
11-03-2007, 04:38 PM
buhahahahahahahahahahah i was one of the old park-n-ride people! those where the good times!

1439/2000
11-03-2007, 04:44 PM
buhahahahahahahahahahah i was one of the old park-n-ride people! those where the good times!

Oohh I was there in my black 97 240. I dont know you but IF YOU WERE THERE you'd know.

cobalt9123
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM
i agree..people are douches these days about judging cars, if it's import or domestic, whatever kind of car it is, show or go, they get all hissy because they're cars faster than yours and then take it as an INSULT that you would even DARE TO STEP IN THE SAME AREA AS THE DRAG RACING KING.
no..not really. they're just fu.cking idiots that have a little bit too much money....and it can't be how it used to when people just loved racing no matter what the cars were or who was driving them. Not anymore..

MachNU
11-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Oohh I was there in my black 97 240. I dont know you but IF YOU WERE THERE you'd know.

no i always remembered you there in the galant!

DeutscheBAG!
11-03-2007, 10:42 PM
karen, you should have been around for fantasy nights, the PI show at masquarade, HIN when they first came to ATL, the Hybrid show....

now THOSE were the days

damn Jimmy...just took me a trip down memory lane..Fantasy Nights..meeting at Media Play.. Pigeon Forge
..nights up At Regal

Double_0_Rusty
11-04-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm down. I have been to acouple of the V meets, but kinda far away for me. I am still down to meet up with fellow IA'ers, and hell I'll even bring my lil 15 sec car, so Maniac can bash it.

JessAlba452
11-04-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm down for a new area. Tired of driving allll the way down to the V lol :D

0p7!mu5
11-04-2007, 02:05 AM
man i got my first wind down at the bp and the park and ride i mean its gotten a lil better at bp. I still havent had the time to go down to the V yet as much as I want to but point is the **** was awesome when people dont **** it up. So yeah i'd totally be down for a new spot to just chill period since mroeland went down its just sucked.

1439/2000
11-04-2007, 07:31 AM
no i always remembered you there in the galant!

Ehh yeah that was towards the end. I had already moved from Gville to Kennesaw and I only brought that car out there once or twice I think. That was a pretty tame spot for a while. Not alot of morons and the cops would just roll by.

quickdodge®
11-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Back in the day we used to meet at a shop off of buford hwy called Hybrid later we used to pack out the lot so much that you couldn't get cars in/out. Then we moved to Toys R Us meets which were massive 200+ cars/bikes,

If you'll remember, Paul, it started off as Toys R US meets. Thats where we had the biggest gatherings. 200+ every Friday night. Police even parking and hanging out for a while. After that was finally brought to a halt (by the stores in the area), it was moved to Kohl's over at Collins Hill. Then some dumbass trailed in an outlaw car or something like one and started doing donuts in the parking lot. That spot used to get kind of big as well. After that, it moved to Burrell's on Buford Hwy. This was actually my doing along with the shop owner's son and a friend of his. They actually bought hotdogs and Cokes and had a cook out every Saturday night. When that shop spoke of selling out, it was then moved over to the space where Hybrid was. We used to fill that lot and then some. People were parking in the lots next door and everything. Eventually, it turned into everyone going to Target on Saturday night and Northpoint on Thursday nights. Later, QD.

The Ren
11-04-2007, 07:47 AM
I remember the target meets...they were alot of fun for awhile..

quickdodge®
11-04-2007, 07:47 AM

You're exactly right, Jimmy. That's why I rarely stop by any meets anymore. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
11-04-2007, 07:49 AM
If thats the case than this new meet will be full of IA queers and people with slow ass rides. Lolol. But whatever im down for whatever, either way it should be interesting to see how this little idea turns out.

You sure don't know, man. Later, QD.

The Ninja
11-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Maybe someone should start contacting shops from now, any that would be willing to house all these people. It would work better if there was some place to eat/drink in the area so that people could maybe park, go get food, come out chill, talk, w/e.

blacknightteg
11-04-2007, 08:40 AM
yeah it would be cool to have somthing, i mean i wasnt around for that long, only since 05 but when the target meets were still kinda goin on with the NP meets those were fun days...i was never really around in the car scene for any of the crazy stuff but im sure it was all aweseom

Z33_kid
11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
back in the day ia meets were kool now there gay to many people judge each others cars especially the damn younger kids on this forum that post so much **** n dont even have a car

Jimmy B
11-04-2007, 08:58 AM
damn Jimmy...just took me a trip down memory lane..Fantasy Nights..meeting at Media Play.. Pigeon Forge
..nights up At Regal

:::: a moment of silence::::::

AHH.. yes, the memories... i love it!!! i do miss the good times we had, even the fights i had with my ex over cars! lol

yea QD, it will NEVER be like that again... another reasin i also, dont stop by alot of times..

heck, even th efew times some of us met at our skating rink, or the hooters in roswell... those were teh days..

bastarling84
11-04-2007, 09:35 AM

I had an image in my head of people walking around with guns on their hips and rifles slung over their shoulders...it humored me.
lol@ the Wild West

JITB
11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
i remember parknride meets, used to be alot of nice cars out there. or that meet back at UAB, i went there in the daytime, and didnt leave till past midnight, lookin at all those cars that UAb was working on in the grage and ****. We had a few nice meets at Audio Lab on buford..

RUFFIAN
11-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm down to go to a chill spot and those ricer a$$holes should have their a$$es kicked for causing the :police: to come down on everyone.

Maniaç
11-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Its funny how so many people take everything I say so goddamn serious. Let me explain for all the special members. If any meet gets started, thats from IA, people will go to them. Yet have all kinds of people, from normal- ricers. Back than people all got along due to the fact that everyone was into the same thing.

Back than Civics with bodykits and euro tail lights was the shit. Am I right? Of course I am. Now adays no one finds that cool or the "it" thing. So of course you will never have it like it was in the past. Lambo doors, fast and the furious spoilers, all that was used and I bet alot of members from IA used to rock cars like that. Which is cool, whatever. But now, we can't have a show every friday people giving each other props for there work, cause when you really think about it, it did take alot of work, time, and money.

And to clear a few things out, im no fanboy. Far from one, I would trade my Wrx for an Evo if I could. My little toy only puts down low-mid 300whp, nothing special, yet faster than half of the members on here.

If you guys need help spreading the word and are serious about this. I'll help. Just let everyone know whats up and keep us updated.
ps; I still think yall are all faggots.

On_Her_Face
11-04-2007, 12:03 PM
one R2B2 doesn't really have that much space, i doubt they would just let all of us car "enthusiast" come on their property to chill. also LMFAO at the n00b who said maniac's car is stage 2.. this isn't ****ing need for speed underground :lmfao:

Jimmy B
11-04-2007, 12:27 PM
maniac, i put almost 300 to the ground...

but i also drive a tahoe..lol

PS, never had lambo doors OR a F&F wing..

On_Her_Face
11-04-2007, 12:30 PM
maniac, i put almost 300 to the ground...

but i also drive a tahoe..lol

PS, never had lambo doors OR a F&F wing..
your **** must be slow then

JITB
11-04-2007, 12:40 PM
lol u kids and ur cars...

Jimmy B
11-04-2007, 12:52 PM
your **** must be slow then

it was, i didnt have enough downforce wihout the wing..

On_Her_Face
11-04-2007, 12:55 PM
it was, i didnt have enough downforce wihout the wing..
downforce? what a n00b still using a wing for downforce, recent studies have showed it is better to use the wing for lift, instead of downforce.

/ending all sarcasm here b/c i took that one too far.

Jimmy B
11-04-2007, 01:55 PM
HAHAHA....

5spdfrk
11-04-2007, 02:26 PM
My little toy only puts down low-mid 300whp, nothing special, yet faster than half of the members on here.

What turbo do you have?

cobalt9123
11-04-2007, 02:32 PM
downforce? what a n00b still using a wing for downforce, recent studies have showed it is better to use the wing for lift, instead of downforce.

/ending all sarcasm here b/c i took that one too far.
:lmfao:
I thought it was better for looks, thank you for clearing that up for me!
lol.

The Ninja
11-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Silly old people and their SUVs.

ShooterMcGavin
11-04-2007, 02:57 PM
new place would be cool but u'd be hard pressed to find a location more central to everyone than the V =/

bigdare23
11-04-2007, 02:58 PM
new place would be cool but u'd be hard pressed to find a location more central to everyone than the V =/

I was thinking the same thing. What about the people that comes from the southside?

Julio
11-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey maniac? were you driving your car last night ?

I saw a spanish looking dude on a WRX on 85north trying to race and ****.. just curious, not many spanish people on WRX's.

I pulled a bus on him and then I let go.......

AnthonyF
11-04-2007, 03:06 PM
i say, meet at your house! whoo hooo parrrttyyyy

ok, i juss kiddin. at a shop? there arent too many shops if any at all that can hold as many cars that will show up. unless you turn cars away.

Might be neat if it was like a V.I.P meet. invitation only or a specific card u had to carry to get into the meet. hmm....

yay or nay??

MachNU
11-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Ehh yeah that was towards the end. I had already moved from Gville to Kennesaw and I only brought that car out there once or twice I think. That was a pretty tame spot for a while. Not alot of morons and the cops would just roll by.

yeah i think i started going to them 2 summers before they ended. But only ever saw you up there a couple times haning out with pete!

TRDwasiq
11-04-2007, 04:13 PM
down

Maniaç
11-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey maniac? were you driving your car last night ?

I saw a spanish looking dude on a WRX on 85north trying to race and ****.. just curious, not many spanish people on WRX's.

I pulled a bus on him and then I let go.......LMAO!! My car isn't going to be rolling the streets til next week. Must of been some durka person.

Julio
11-04-2007, 06:25 PM
LMAO!! My car isn't going to be rolling the streets til next week. Must of been some durka person.

ahh ok. Well he looked like a ****.. and like i said , not many of them on WRX's.

Durka? naw, it wasnt a camry. :D

Vteckidd
11-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I honestly think the best thing to do in terms of meets is somewhere downtown because its the middle for almost everyone.

Problem is there isnt alot of places that can accomadate this many people except for the V.

If we go to Gnette, its only a matter of time before they shut us down, same with COBB county/Marietta.

The only thing we can do is find someone with a big open lot that doesnt mind us USING it. They give us strict rules against burnouts and anyone that does it gets ticketed and fined.

thats the only way ill see this work because we ve talked about it for years but nothing ever happens

Kevykev
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM

you might just be right Jimmy!

It's been soooooooooo long since iv'e been to a meet! :no:

Big J
11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
The only way and place I see a big meet happening is maybe Turner field parking lot.......... and paid off duty uniformed popo. $5 a pop would probably cover it. $5 is well worth an idiot free zone.

Big J
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
you can't expect it to be anything other than a parking lot meet (and all the BS that goes on) if it's not organized and some $$$ is involved

collins
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
i say, meet at your house! whoo hooo parrrttyyyy

ok, i juss kiddin.

maaaaan, if you only knew about pauls halloween party a couple years back!!! holy damn! and pancakes in the morning! man you couldn't beat it!

i do miss the old days. paul, you're talkin about some WAAAY old skool stuff! i would LOVE for things to go back to the way they were, but i just dont see it possible. there is too much animosity between ALOT of people on here, and it didnt used to be like that. as time has progressed, people seem to have become more immature than mature and that is simply inacceptable if you want to have a good crowd get together and not have stupid ish going on.

lol jimmy, i remember your new years party a little while back as well. lol scott bringin absynth and sh!t!!! house all packed out! man times were crazy! i guess that was back when crazy was acceptable tho :D you still in that same house? it was a nice pad.

collins
11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
ahh ok. Well he looked like a ****.. and like i said , not many of them on WRX's.

Durka? naw, it wasnt a camry. :D

LOL look at you talkin **** now that you got LSX powa!!!

The Yousef
11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
i'd be down...

North Point pretty much died...

Varsity is still pretty crowded...

0p7!mu5
11-04-2007, 10:20 PM
i dunno i got an i dea but not sure if it'll work or not. I ran into this issue a few years back when i used to dj house parties in highschool and it was just insane how many folks would destroy **** on the regular. i mean somebody around here has to have a local shop or something to that degree right some of the places you guys mention are still pretty far and since moreland is done and bp went/is going to hell maybe a spot would still be hard to find anyway you slice it. idiots are goin to be wherever you go neway it just the facts. I would say a good idea would be to try to find the contact for the old gwinnett cinema's by the mall. My friend rented the lot out in april for next to nothing to do a mini car show (walker,hassan, oz, and a few others should remember this cuz it was ****in cold and my fingers were numb playing music all damn day.) Its worth a shot and the owner seemed rather cool. I mean the best bet it seems is to ask some of the shop owners (not just one but multiple since it is going to be a bigger lot) if they would mind and better yet make it near some sort of food spot like it was stated earlier. I doubt nebody would get to crazy at the old walmart lot on pleasant hill by kripy kreme cuz its so close to the police station. the old target across the street by barnes and noble aint bad eigther just gotta make sure its good to go that spot has been empty for years. its just a matter of someone looking into and asking and getting it in writing. i dunno about southside tho but northside ya got some options worth looking into..i mean when i dj'd we had to eventually bite the bullet and rent a few building off jimmy carter and it ran for a good while despite the area ( the old laundry mat in front of loveshack back in '03-'04) it can be done hell the old kroger by Ihop is an idea there's food and that close to the street somebody would have to have QD's balls to try sumthin stupid there. IMHO. I know im tryin to help a friend look for a spot to start his shop and an office park looks rather promising too same area-ish depending on how things go i could ask and see if he'd care. Better yet cant anybody look up the specifics on how legal it is to park at spots neway? Knowledge is power. Just some suggestions cuz im tired of gettin ran out of **** and Georgia for me neway doesnt have much else interesting to do on weekends in some cases..hope it helps a bit.

fucksohc
11-04-2007, 11:09 PM
i get my license back in less than a week so ima start commin out to the meets again:yes:

collins
11-05-2007, 12:29 AM
just dont be a retard and get it suspended again :goodjob:

onebadgt
11-05-2007, 07:17 AM
a new place would be cool, it would be even better if it was on the kennesaw side, for those of us from up north.

Jimmy B
11-05-2007, 07:53 AM
lol jimmy, i remember your new years party a little while back as well. lol scott bringin absynth and sh!t!!! house all packed out! man times were crazy! i guess that was back when crazy was acceptable tho :D you still in that same house? it was a nice pad.

yep, still in the same crib, knocked out a few walls in the basement, finishing it, re-modeling the kitchen and bathrooms, and doing some stuff to teh outside.. you know, just waiting for the equity to go up then, ill sell and go bigger :)

nextelbuddy
11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
hell yes id be down for a new meet/location. but as Jimmy stated it will never be the same, but that doesnt mean it cant be done and evolve into a new/better thing.

I miss the old days of the big chicken meets and the media play meets, it was really chill back in those days.

quickdodge®
11-05-2007, 08:58 AM
I miss the old days of the big chicken meets and the media play meets, it was really chill back in those days.

Although those were cool meets, they weren't IA meets. Later, QD.

Jimmy B
11-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Although those were cool meets, they weren't IA meets. Later, QD.

the media play meets were before IA was even around...

and big chicken was WAY before IA, well, at least when it was started

quickdodge®
11-05-2007, 09:15 AM
the media play meets were before IA was even around...

and big chicken was WAY before IA, well, at least when it was started

Oh I know. I was there. Most every Thursday night. Lolol. Later, QD.

Jimmy B
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh I know. I was there. Most every Thursday night. Lolol. Later, QD.

yep.. way back in the day.. thats when i still had my truck, and when i FIRST bought the accord

quickdodge®
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
yep.. way back in the day.. thats when i still had my truck, and when i FIRST bought the accord

Lolol. I had the ole Neon then....still. Nitro had a lowly Hyundai. The below pic was on the way to a Big Chick meet. Later, QD.

Jimmy B
11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Lolol. I had the ole Neon then....still. Nitro had a lowly Hyundai. The below pic was on the way to a Big Chick meet. Later, QD.

WOW... the bad part, i remember both cars!

quickdodge®
11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
AAhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Ihave pics of your Accord from several years ago. If your's is the one I'm thinking. What color was it? Later, QD.

Jimmy B
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
then, prolly black.. mabye black with a yellow flag graphic on it.. at the end it was painted yellow

4dmin
11-05-2007, 02:22 PM
hell yes id be down for a new meet/location. but as Jimmy stated it will never be the same, but that doesnt mean it cant be done and evolve into a new/better thing.

lol anyone remember barrettracing.com :lmfao:

AB3dj
11-05-2007, 02:27 PM
hollowell parkway is where it's at. northside ave. / north ave. FTW

Echonova
08-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Who voted in the poll to bump this thread?
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/566328.gif

PURP
08-28-2009, 08:41 PM
cosign

go away

ep9716
08-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I voted...Like Years Ago.

Arm&hammer
08-28-2009, 11:07 PM
so i guess this never happened?
I didn't care to read this thread. lol

J-ROCK
08-28-2009, 11:54 PM
im down! hate when people try to show off what they dont have cause it ruins it for everyone else

J-ROCK
08-28-2009, 11:55 PM
damn just noticed how old this thread is lol my bad!

Njobe
08-29-2009, 01:28 AM
even though its old id go lol

AFSil80
08-29-2009, 02:22 AM
2 years later, and the Varsity is still the big meet, and people still fight at Sonic. Ain't shit changed, haha.

J-ROCK
08-29-2009, 02:27 AM
2 years later, and the Varsity is still the big meet, and people still fight at Sonic. Ain't shit changed, haha.

lol some people in cali i know have even heard of the v meet!

Njobe
08-29-2009, 02:28 AM
nope lol i remember when i used to come with my rav4 to the V meets lol... had the 16" bbs... pretty ballin lol :D

AFSil80
08-29-2009, 02:31 AM
lol some people in cali i know have even heard of the v meet!

Whenever I came home on leave, I'd post pics from the Varsity meets on the local racing site based in Fargo, just because half of the people have never been to meets with that many cars.

J-ROCK
08-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Whenever I came home on leave, I'd post pics from the Varsity meets on the local racing site based in Fargo, just because half of the people have never been to meets with that many cars.

damn! what was the scene like there???

AFSil80
08-29-2009, 02:34 AM
About the same as Macon/WR, but only 3-4 months long since it was snowing the rest of the year.

Case in point:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AFSil80/DSCN3071.jpg

J-ROCK
08-29-2009, 02:36 AM
damn! now i see why you post up the pics lol! thats like 10 of their meets in one

§treet_§peed
08-29-2009, 04:38 AM
thats sad

black_e92
08-29-2009, 09:45 AM

X2 As long as it's close to G-Nett I'm down.

FAM0U5
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Im down whenever..

NVEOUS
08-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Im down for a new spot. The V is getting really crowded now. I wish I was around when every one was there to just hang and not judge everyones car. That would have been awesome.

Repiks
08-29-2009, 05:14 PM
A meet around Kennesaw or Woodstock would be awesome for us guys in north ATL.

ueyedgr8tness
08-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I honestly think the best thing to do in terms of meets is somewhere downtown because its the middle for almost everyone.

Problem is there isnt alot of places that can accomadate this many people except for the V.

If we go to Gnette, its only a matter of time before they shut us down, same with COBB county/Marietta.

The only thing we can do is find someone with a big open lot that doesnt mind us USING it. They give us strict rules against burnouts and anyone that does it gets ticketed and fined.

thats the only way ill see this work because we ve talked about it for years but nothing ever happens

im with you but seems like every time we get another meet going its not long before every one is right back at the v

Paul
08-29-2009, 09:53 PM
holy shit this is a old thread ... i started reading and was like this sounds like something i posted - lol

Echonova
08-29-2009, 10:23 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Old-Seaman.jpg

Stormhammer
08-30-2009, 03:51 AM
X2 As long as it's close to G-Nett I'm down.

shut the fuck up you pussy ass. Other people don't bitch moan and complain about driving anywhere.

Also, dumbass, this thread is almost 2 years old. :ninja:

black_e92
08-31-2009, 12:28 AM
shut the fuck up you pussy ass. Other people don't bitch moan and complain about driving anywhere.

Also, dumbass, this thread is almost 2 years old. :ninja:

You would understand that driving back and forth to Atlanta all the time isn't fun paying for gas in my car. Plus I rather have lower mileage on my car for the time being.

speedminded
08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Super old thread lol

Im down for a new spot. The V is getting really crowded now. I wish I was around when every one was there to just hang and not judge everyones car. That would have been awesome.It's the summer...July, August, & September are always wayyyyyy overcrowded.

If I ever win the lottery I'll build the ultimate car hang out...BIG "if" lol!

Stormhammer
08-31-2009, 12:59 PM
You would understand that driving back and forth to Atlanta all the time isn't fun paying for gas in my car. Plus I rather have lower mileage on my car for the time being.

gotta pay to play

speedminded
08-31-2009, 05:50 PM
gotta pay to playSo I visited the Starion today. It was sad, surrounded by all those ugly cars sitting on it's rotors...I think I saw tears coming from the headlights running down the busted bumper.

The Ninja
08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Big-Lots/LA Fitness Parking lot on Wade Green. If you guys kept in civil and didn't do stupid shit, then I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems. Only 2 exits north of Barrett, generic fast food in the area, and a humongoid empty newly paved parking lot to chill in.

Stormhammer
08-31-2009, 11:34 PM
So I visited the Starion today. It was sad, surrounded by all those ugly cars sitting on it's rotors...I think I saw tears coming from the headlights running down the busted bumper.

I'm honestly trying to forget ever seeing the car in that kind of shape :(

bowdown201
09-01-2009, 09:07 AM
You Gwinnett folk trip me out. Yall act like you cant make a simple drive somewhere to meet when us southside people ALWAYS have to make a trip up north to a decent meet.

On_Her_Face
09-01-2009, 09:17 AM

LOL nothing special is right. I've been beating that wrx ass for years.

Ohh what happened to the sonic meet? I've been in Knoxville for too long.

Njobe
09-01-2009, 09:19 AM
You Gwinnett folk trip me out. Yall act like you cant make a simple drive somewhere to meet when us southside people ALWAYS have to make a trip up north to a decent meet.
move up north lolol

mrniceguy311
09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
x2

0p7!mu5
09-02-2009, 02:15 AM
I have yet to go to a V meet but afer looking at BP like nearly triple the amount of people from when I first went 3 years ago I can imagine we are going to need a huge spot. I would say why not/what happened to the park and ride. i know folks go there from time to time. I havent been out a lot as of late? I agree though Atlanta would be a good spot minus the lack of an open lot other than the V itself.

0p7!mu5
09-02-2009, 02:18 AM
then again too bad we cant take over GGC's/Gwinnett Tech's Parking lot or something..That would be nice Northside wise.

LvnBoOst
09-02-2009, 12:53 PM

LOL. I agree! Although I chose to live in Conyers vs Atlanta, so when I want to go to a decent meet, driving is what I have to do.

But I am moving to Gwinnett next week anyways.......so it doesnt matter anymore.

1SICKLEX
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
WIth the economy having folded a lot of places there are TONS of empty lots around

GGPIS3
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
didn't read through the whole thread.. did yall come up with a location yet?

i would entertain the idea of a meet at my shop on a monthly or possibly a bi-weekly basis. every weekend would pretty much mean me getting a very early divorce. lol.

Chuckster
09-02-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm a little late in this thread.
Didn't Knowledge Performance have meets every Thursday night? I remember them having raffles and giving away stuff.