PDA

View Full Version : SR swap heater hose

chituntang
11-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Sorry about this post being a double post because I want as much people as possible to help me out with this problem before it is too cold. As you all known, I own a S14 with a SR engine swap. The engine is a redtop SR. When I go to the shop to do the swap, I went over woth the owner about the heater and the A/C because it is going to be my DD. He said he would take care of it since there is not much trouble. But the problems came. This guy told me he cannot connect the heater hose...

I have no idea about what I need to get now. I never thought that this is a problem with these kind of swap. I really want to take it to a shop and let people fix it for me but I just do not have enough money to do it. I just want somebody to tell me now about what I need andhow should I fix this problem.

Thank you
Jesse Tang

Benefit
11-03-2007, 12:06 AM
dont quite know what you are asking...

SpecV_Scott
11-04-2007, 02:51 AM
XAT sells SR heater hoses for the S13. I'm sure someone sells them for the S14, too.

Broke240
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I just went to autozone and looked through their heater hoses and found ones that would work.

I think enjuku racing makes them as well.

Killswitch Performance
11-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Look at the motor and where the outlets are. Then look at the firewall where they connect. Then go to any auto parts store, and find a heater hose with the correct bends. Ask to go back there and look. Problem solved.

They also sell this spring thing that goes around straight heater hose that you can use to make your own bends. Thats an option as well.

Tyler

chituntang
11-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Thanks and reps for helps. I ordered a set of swap used heater hose from XAT (theirs is the cheapest). I know going to the auto part stores and find hoses I need is the cheapest, but the biggest problem is the heater hoses on the car are on the passenger side and the heater output is on the driver side on the engine. It took me a long time finding a right rad. hose for my turbo setup (S13 SR in S14 is not a good idea. Things has to be custom made) in the store, I just give up on finding two heater hoses.

Killswitch Performance
11-09-2007, 03:01 AM
All you do is either buy a U hose from the driver side to turn it back around to the pass side, or just cut the heater hardline right after it splits off for the Turbo Coolant Feed. Its really easy...

Tyler

chituntang
11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all the helps. I got it done. The plan was to get the hose kit from XAT and I thought it would be as simple as drain the coolant, pull the hoses, put new hoses, and fill coolant. I was wrong. It took a long time to pull the hoses, but no biggy. The biggest problem was that the hoses do not fit in. It took my brother and I like 45 mins to custom both the hoses from the kit and the pulled hoses to become two hoses that would fit. We did this in 5 to 6 hours, from 1630 to 2330.

Sorry to say, but XAT sucks big time. I emailed them asking if they have a kit for S14 app, they said the kit from S13 would work and I ordered from them. 50 bucks for 2 hoses? Nothing more was in the box. I was quite dispointted. Then either hoses would fit from the engine to the car, from either side of the engine to either side of the car. I was pretty upsad.

Jonathan12uiz
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
so did you get everything straight. HEAVYTHROTTLE is where i got all my parts. They sell a S13 sr to S14 chassis heater hose kit. It is composed of 3 hoses and a coupler. there is a S shaped hose that goes from the connection right under the intake to the lower heater hose nipple, a U shaped hose that goes on the driver side of the motor. then you take the coupler and attach the remaining L shaped hose to the U hose and you just connect the L to the valve coming from the top heater hose nipple. I've had no problems so far. I also got the KA ac compressor on rather than the sr so there was no custom lines that I needed built. just a simple bracket setup i got from CodyAce @ freshalloy.