PDA

View Full Version : 87 integ pgmfi light on...If anyone has an old radiator also..

ZeroAccess
11-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Aight..where to start
87 teg brown top...

Radiator = shot, got rusted through so I need a new one, if someone has one cheap/free let me know. I'm not wanting anything super nice just nice enough to hold fluid.

Ok heres the major problem.
My pgmfi light is on. Car when cold just idles high ..once it starts to warm up it starts mis-firing and surging. I'm losing power due to the misfires. Ignition sounds all messed up. I went though and checked all the vacuum lines i could think to check/see. I went and checked the plug wires and they were kinda screwed up (not connected all the way thats what I get for buying a cheap set) but I made sure they were all sparking and they were.
I need to check the plugs (just thought of that)...
Anything else?

Sorry guys, I'm mechanically inclined but I don't know anything about these ignition systems. Anyway to check the code for the pgmfi light?
Is it registered in the ECU or no?
ANY help would be greatly appreciated I luckily got a little time off work this weekend to fix it but I HAVE! to have this fixed by monday.
Location is Georgia/Alabama line Carrollton

acuraracer
11-05-2007, 07:19 AM
:thinking: pull back carpet on pass side floorboard and count the number of flashes from light on ecu with ign switch in run position. long blinks count as 10 and short count as 1.