PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods turbo timer

osiriskidd
11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
does it keep your engine on after you shut it off/take out the key

or how does it work exactly. i know it keeps your oil/coolants running to properly cool down the turbo...but does that mean you have to sit alongside with it?

D16Civic
11-02-2007, 10:36 AM
It will keep your engine running even after you pull the key out for whatever amount of time you have it set for. And no you don't have to stay with it, that would defeat the whole purpose. If someone tries to move the car and e-brake gets let off, it will automatically shut the car off.

allmotoronly
11-02-2007, 10:37 AM
It keeps the engine running even after you turn the key off and take the key out. On most models you can control the amount of time it runs before it shuts off. You dont have to sit with it, just turn the ignition off, take the key out, lock the doors and walk off. It will turn off on its own.

osiriskidd
11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
thanks

patrick4588
11-03-2007, 12:38 AM
It will keep your engine running even after you pull the key out for whatever amount of time you have it set for. And no you don't have to stay with it, that would defeat the whole purpose. If someone tries to move the car and e-brake gets let off, it will automatically shut the car off.

my hks doesnt shut off if you move the car or let the e brake off.

RX4BRDM
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
^ its a different hookup. If it was installed fully and properly it would.
My profec bspec fully hooked up is much more then just a turbo timer. It reads volts, increases the run time after shut down due to time run/rpms, it has a 0-60 mph setup as its hooked into the acceleration pin. All kinds of neat stuff that is mostly useless.