PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods JRSC boost help

T34me
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Ok, i just purchased a JRSC for a 94 integra LS. It comes with the 3.2 pulley which is 6psi. I wanted to run a little more (8psi) so i contacted them and they said they did not make a pulley upgrade for that model. So, i have heard i can run a different crank pulley to up the boost, is this true? Somthing about a CRV pulley? Can anyone confirm this?

hondachick22
10-31-2007, 10:01 AM
yes it is true , not sure how much more boost i think somewere around 10lb. but it will work.

Cool Cat Racing
10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
You can calculate the size difference and use that to figure the boost increase. I will say that running it at 10psi is overspinning it and it will run much higher inlet temps. The M45 is already wheezing at 8psi and there really aren't a lot of gains to be had much higher than that.

T34me
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
damn, ok, just have to run little higher compression then
take that back, i just called endyn. they sell a stepper pulley for the alternator that ups it 2psi, reaching the 8 that im looking for. i think im going to go this route.

IOnlyLookStock
10-31-2007, 09:38 PM
you will be happy with 8. I got an 8 pound pulley on my JRSC, however I have a 94 GSR.

T34me
10-31-2007, 10:53 PM
yeah, you have the m62 blower though, spins a little slower than my m45, but still endyn said that its still legit at 8psi, so im going to do it

Pickleteg
10-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Buy the pulley from Jim @ Motorvations Motorsports. It is like the Endyn but better...you are less prone ot lose a belt unless Larry has improved on his last design. I have a M45 LS making the numbers below....it is the most powerful JRSC LS known...(I know..sad). A CRV pulley will give you about the same boost gain but then you will run you accessories a little harder. I am running a Motorvations stepper AND a CRV pulley. I have a LHT intercooler so that helps with the scorching intake temps. Good luck!!!