PDA

View Full Version : Misc PS3Whos waiting on? gta4, mgs4, or cod4

Schugg
10-30-2007, 08:31 PM
for those of us much wiser fortunate ones who got the playstation 3, anyone else waiting on grand theft auto IV, metal gear solid 4, or call of duty 4? or anyone xbox360 people waiting in gta4? at the moment im waiting on all them. bought resistance to hold me over til gta4 was released (back when it was suppost to come out this friday now its next year.), but now ive beat that 4 or 5 times, so im done with it except for online. so i dont have anything til one of these games come out. anyone else getting them or know of any other decent games coming out, or are out? i got warhawk also but i the day i got it i played 10 mins and went back to resistance online.

Seymour222
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Im waiting on MGS4. Its funny how the codec alert is the exact same as it was for the original nintendo.

OneSlow5pt0
10-30-2007, 10:50 PM
ill buy a PS3 when i see how Socom turns out

Elbow
10-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Im getting a PS3 for GT5 ;)

Vteckidd
10-30-2007, 11:01 PM
i just picked my PS3 up, ive been playing Ninja Gaiden lately and i just bought Heavenly Sword.

I bought it for the sole purpose of having METAL GEAR SOLID 4

Alan®
10-30-2007, 11:45 PM
waiting to buy a ps3 till this summer ONLY FOR MGS4 sinc cod4 and GTAIV will be out on both

.blank cd
10-30-2007, 11:50 PM
also waiting on GT5 and MGS

wesolayo
10-30-2007, 11:55 PM
The only reason I picked up a 360 was for GTAIV?
I was under the impression that MGS4 was coming out on both.

ubers2k
10-31-2007, 12:55 AM
The only reason I picked up a 360 was for GTAIV?
I was under the impression that MGS4 was coming out on both.

During a recent interview, the creator of MGS4 said that there were no plans on releasing the game on the X360... yet. It'll come eventually, maybe, but it won't be for a LONG time.

DemonEyez
10-31-2007, 09:10 AM
i just picked my PS3 up, ive been playing Ninja Gaiden lately and i just bought Heavenly Sword.

hey man lol you know in nov 2nd their dropping the price 100 bucks right? also releasing a 40gb version...

VIP Style
10-31-2007, 09:52 AM
I played the demo version of gran turismo HD on ps3, its very clean looking, highly detailed.

TheGodfather
10-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm waitin for GTAIV.

I can't wait.

I also will be saving money by going with the 60gb one, which I heard plays PS2 games better.

Spectic Tank
10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm waitin for GTAIV.

I can't wait.

I also will be saving money by going with the 60gb one, which I heard plays PS2 games better.

If I'm not mistaken in Nov. when the 40GB comes out they will discontinue the 60GB model. The 40GB will be $400 while the 80GB will drop to $500. ONLY THE 80GB MODEL WILL PLAY PS2 GAMES.

Elbow
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Why dont they both play PS2 games??

Spectic Tank
10-31-2007, 12:09 PM
the 40GB doesn't have the software to run the old games, it's part of the reason for a cheaper console. They said it was something they thought people would be willing to sacrifice for a cheaper console, and that anyone who has a ps2 library most likely ha a ps2 already. Kinda sucks, but whatever.

©hris
10-31-2007, 03:03 PM

if you like heavenly sword (which is a bad ass game) ... get Conan. Its same style game.

©hris
10-31-2007, 03:05 PM
can't wait for Gran Turismo HD!!! btw... everyone gotta try the Formula 1 game. Its so ****ing realistic!! the driving views are sick too

fivex684
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Metal Gear I can't wait to get, sadly it was delayed again. COD 4 I will probably get for the PC. GTAIV is going to be gay like all the others.

Grimm Reeper
10-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Man all of the above. That's the only reason I haven't bought a PS3 right now, because there's nothing out right now that I care about. I can't wait, but I heard that they pushed back GTA4 again I think this time it's March or so.... :thinking:

Vteckidd
10-31-2007, 06:30 PM
hey man lol you know in nov 2nd their dropping the price 100 bucks right? also releasing a 40gb version...
I picked up mine used from a good friend.

$400 with 2 controllers an 5 games

kpc2593
10-31-2007, 07:05 PM
...my ps3 has been sitting for a while now....im waiting for all those games to come out.....especially gta4 and gt5

Wurm
10-31-2007, 07:09 PM
ill buy one when they drop under 300. i can just play real games on the computer till then

kpc2593
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
awww ****......mgs4 is delayed......:tongue1:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2077.html

Schugg
10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
yeah i gta:IV was the only reason i got the ps3, would be nice if they made it a online game, or multiplayer. i didnt know mgs4 was coming out till after i got a ps3. after i watched the 15 min preview i figured i had to get it. then call of duty 4 dont look to bad so im sure ill get that. all these delays are getting annoying. my ps3 has been collecting dust for a while too. but if there getting delayed so they can make them better thats fine with me. i remember from gtaIII and up all having alot of glitches. like saving with the wrong car in the wrong garage and lose your save data. that pissed me off!

Tarzanman
11-01-2007, 08:23 AM
MGS4 Delayed Till 2008! - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182032.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;3

Gamespot is reporting that Konami has delayed Metal Gear Solid 4 until Q2 2008. Just the latest in the long lineup of huge title delays, Konami delayed the game for the same reason all the others were: polish. "According to Japanese and English language press releases on the Konami Web site, the game will now be coming to Japan in the first quarter of 2008, and other regions in the second quarter. The game had been due for a simultaneous worldwide pre-Christmas release exclusively for Sony's PlayStation 3 console. A statement from Konami gives the reasoning behind this decision, 'Konami has decided to delay the title's release in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide.' It added that it would continue to work on the game to make sure it will 'meet everyone's expectations.'"

Schugg
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
didnt want to make a new thread about it, but here is the latest on GTA IV, thank god for multiplayer, be even better if it goes online

------------------

Say all you want about GTA IV bringing nothing new to the series. We beg to differ, starting with this list of the game's new features.

Posted by Libe Goad on Monday, January 21, 2008

Another 'X' on the calendar means another day closer to the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this spring. So far, we've been introduced to lead character Niko and his quest for the American dream in Liberty City. Today we take a closer look at Rockstar's free-roaming action game and new features designed to make the game "grittier' and "more realistic" than before.

Use Technology to Get Ahead
The benefit of having a Grand Theft Auto in the present instead of the '80s and '90s – new technology. Niko can keep in touch with his comrades by using his cell phone. Tap into the Internet and police computers to locate and identify targets and use the car's GPS system to get where you're going faster. Bonus for jacking nicer rides: they come with voice-enabled GPS systems.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Can you hear me now? Cell phones and other tech will play a big part in GTA IV.
Harder Police Alert System
Escaping the police gets trickier this time around. Once five-oh is on your tail, the search radius in your HUD gets wider and you have to escape. Get spotted by a cop while still inside the radius, the search area re-centers on you and you have to escape again. The good news: big shootouts during missions don't necessarily alert the police to your presence.

No More Character Customization
Rockstar removes the character customization and light leveling up (by eating, working out) that was included in San Andreas and returns the focus to the main character and his climb up the criminal ladder in Liberty City.

Scale Tall Buildings
Since the game takes place in a big skyscraper-filled city, the action will go vertical this time around. Niko will embark on missions that involve riding to the top of a tall building to snipe at enemies below. He'll also be able to commandeer helicopters and land on top of buildings at times. Also, shooting enemies standing on tall buildings or platforms might, if you're lucky, send them into a spectacular dive onto the pavement below.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Don't be a loner. Spend quality time with comrades for distraction and other fringe benefits.

Control Your Aim
You can aim freely, lock on to targets and all weapons include a zoom function (certain guns will zoom more than others). The weapon selection has been paired down from the ridiculous -- e.g. no more flamethrower, chainsaw – to the more standard rocket launcher, sniper rifles and automatic weapons like an AK-47 and M4 assault rifle.

Hail a Cab
Instead of always jacking cars to get around, you can hail a cab and choose a destination by setting a waypoint on a map, or choosing from a list of predetermined locations. You can either sit and enjoy the scenery, or for an extra fee, press a button to skip the Sunday drive and arrive immediately.

Make Friends
Never underestimate the power of schmoozing, in real-life or in Grand Theft Auto IV. In-between missions, call up your cronies to hang out and build relationships that can lead to say... someone meeting you in an alley with a secret stash of guns. Or, meet your cousin at a bar and then try to drive him home safely after you're well beyond the legal limit (while the in-game camera sways wildly). Nothing builds the family bond like drunk driving.

Yes, There's Multiplayer
Grand Theft Auto IV will have multiplayer, which may include cooperative play in certain areas of the game. No other details have been revealed yet, other than it will involve more than "your standard deathmatch" shootfest.

On_Her_Face
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
for ps3, i'm waiting on socom

JR VQ 30 de
01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
im just waiting for gt5

JDMjoe
01-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Can't wait for gta4 and gt5. Both will be amazing!!!

Schugg
01-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Can't wait for gta4 and gt5. Both will be amazing!!!

jdm.....my cod4 have severly suffered, your ass dont ever play and im left solo trying to pull some scarface sh1t. it cant always be me against the world, i need back up sometimes too...haha, ok its not that bad, but cod4 starting to get old. its not old yet, its just on its way. by time i get expect on all the weapons it will be done for.

TheGodfather
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
I heard the next price drop is to take place sometime soon, can anyone verify that?

NewGen33
01-22-2008, 07:15 PM
x2

Schugg
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
havent heard anything about a price drop, im assuming on the ps3, if there is it more than likely wont be much. the 20gb is already 299 isnt it? i was never really sure on the prices after i got mine

NewGen33
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
havent heard anything about a price drop, im assuming on the ps3, if there is it more than likely wont be much. the 20gb is already 299 isnt it? i was never really sure on the prices after i got mine
Going to get the 80 gb. I home seems really cool also.

Schugg
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
yeah i just heard about ihome, does look like it will be pretty cool. reminds me of some thing i used to get on when i was little then you had to start paying and i left it. anyone ever goto a places called cyberspace.com or jester.net? neither one exists anymore but they were like virtual worlds just like i home.

BKgen®
01-23-2008, 08:24 AM
GOW3 > all those games you listed

EJ25RUN
01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/Gran_Turismo_5_Prologue.jpg

MistaCee
01-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm buying the ps3 just to get gta4 lol

Rican219
01-23-2008, 02:16 PM
GTA FTW!!

GT5 FTW!!

Spectic Tank
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Have you guys downloaded the GT demo from the Playstations store?

BKgen®
01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
lol @ sony fanboys.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Forza2_coverart.jpg

Spectic Tank
01-23-2008, 03:41 PM
lol @ sony fanboys.

You come into a PS3 thread to post a pic of Forza (Like anyone gives a ****) and you're calling us Fanboys? LOL, take a look in the mirror and then hop off Gates' ****.

Schugg
01-23-2008, 03:46 PM
GOW3 > all those games you listed

ive played the last one, whichever is out. really dont find it to be a that great of a game. dont know guess it just depends what kind of shooting game you like.

Schugg
01-23-2008, 03:52 PM
You come into a PS3 thread to post a pic of Forza (Like anyone gives a ****) and you're calling us Fanboys? LOL, take a look in the mirror and then hop off Gates' ****.

haha some people just have nothing better to do with life that they hunt for places to start sh1t. you have to look at it this way, if i went in one of his threads and said "STFU AND GTFO of your own thread, your moms a fanmom of my c0ck." it would serve no real purpose but that of making me think "i told him". thats basically what it is, he just wants to reach that all time climax without having to spread his legs and play with his gina

BKgen®
01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
ive played the last one, whichever is out. really dont find it to be a that great of a game. dont know guess it just depends what kind of shooting game you like.

Shows how much your dumbass knows about games.

1. GOD of war, not GEARS of war. I plan on getting a PS3 for that game, among others.. i'm not a fanboy.

2. There's only 1 GEARS of war out and it's for 360, not PS3.. which has nothing to do with the games you posted.

no hard feelings. i like both xbox and ps.

Schugg
01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
ok it makes me a dumbass for not knowing what your talking about when your saying GOW3. i knew you were an xbox guy and i dont follow xbox titles so i figured it was some gears of war game. your right indeed it does......atleast i wasnt the dumbass who wasted money on a xbox and got a real system...... haha "no hard feelings"

BKgen®
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
ok it makes me a dumbass for not knowing what your talking about when your saying GOW3. i knew you were an xbox guy and i dont follow xbox titles so i figured it was some gears of war game. your right indeed it does......atleast i wasnt the dumbass who wasted money on a xbox and got a real system...... haha "no hard feelings"

yep, that doesn't sound like a fanboy at all :lmfao:

Schugg
01-23-2008, 04:47 PM
yep, that doesn't sound like a fanboy at all :lmfao:

correct, atleast now you know what your talking about

BKgen®
01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
correct, atleast now you know what your talking about

that was sarcasm, retard. next time i'll state it in the post so it won't go right over your head.

Schugg
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
that was sarcasm, retard. next time i'll state it in the post so it won't go right over your head.

........you want to talk about a damn retard? pretty sad how you can come up with stupid posts full of SARCASM, but not even realize when someone is returning the sarcastic attitude back...

STATING IN THE POST: since you decided to prove your own ignorance of not know what the hell going on, this post contains no sarcasm. just full on, no front, e-thug mentality.

*and a lil smartass stupidity.....so that even you can possibly understand it a little better.*

nismo_b14
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Final Fantasy 13, GT5