PDA

View Full Version : Misc Help gettin back into shap and gaining some weight

gijoe0720
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I have been wantin to get back into good shape for a while now and since I got in some major trouble with the law I decided to go ahead and stop all the drugs and get into shape. Right now I weigh around 125 pounds. I want to get up to around 150. Tonight me and a friend went to the track and ran 2 miles and walked 1 1/4 mile. We plan on doin it every night. I was thinkin about gettin some mass tabs to help me gain some weight and once I get up to around 150 start lifting weights.

Any suggestions? I don't know **** when it comes to this stuff. Like what to eat, take, work outs?

K20A2_DC5
10-30-2007, 09:22 PM
eat, eat and eat more, then work out. It's shouldn't be too hard to gain weight.

gijoe0720
10-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I eat and eat. I can't gain weight.

Firefightin_tC
10-30-2007, 10:38 PM
The running will get you into shape, but in terms of gaining weight, you're best bet will be to start chowing down on fish and chicken..**** the beef...just focus on those two. And stay in the weight room and invest some protein from GNC to help pack in on and pack on some muscles.

Also look up Muscle Milk.

The Youngn
10-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Muscle Milk is great but taking weight gainer will also help you gain weight. One dosage of weight gainer is as many calories as you would eat in a full day. If you go to GNC, they'll give you all the advice that you would need as well.

When working out...just remember Chest & Tri, Back & Bi, and Shoulders & Legs. One day focus on chest and tri's then the next day do back and bi then shoulder and legs on the next day. It just all works out together and throw in abs on any of those days.

MistaCee
11-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I need to do this :goodjob:

lokciv02
11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
x2...

tony
11-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Trying to gain weight? Eat later.. bigger quantities and less frequency, all slow your metabolism

drpepper14
11-01-2007, 11:57 PM
dont want to slow metabolism that way because it will promote fat gain and less lean mass gain

Honestly...eat about 60/40 carbs to protein without neglecting your essential fats. Make sure to stay with brown rice/yams/oatmeal and other high GI carbs so they digest slower and dont cause insulin spikes (promoting fat storage) and then stick to chicken/fish/egg whites/random servings of beef/pork along with whey shakes immediately after working out and before you go to bed (prevents going into a catabolic state overnight since you are not eating) and might even try drinking one in the morning w/ breakfast

Cut back on your cardio and try to limit it to 30min a session so you are not burning all the calories your body needs to build lean muscle tissue, but are still providing your body with a fat-burning metabolic boost

any other questions just shoot me a pm and i can explain stuff a little better, and btw i've got a bachelor's of exercise and health science, certified by the American College of Sports Medicine, and am starting my master's of applied exercise and health science in the fall...just so u know that i'm not just pulling this stuff out of my ass

drpepper14
11-01-2007, 11:59 PM
i almost forgot

EAT EAT EAT

Eat at least 6 meals, if not 8 a day...and make sure you are taking in @ least 2 grams of protein for every pound of your DESIRED body weight: your desired body weight is 150lbs so you need to consume 300 grams of protein a day

ahmonrah
11-02-2007, 11:49 PM
i almost forgot

EAT EAT EAT

Eat at least 6 meals, if not 8 a day...and make sure you are taking in @ least 2 grams of protein for every pound of your DESIRED body weight: your desired body weight is 150lbs so you need to consume 300 grams of protein a dayeating more frequently will possibly promote weight loss.....your body will react by increasing digestion since it knows more food is on the way, when i played football i ate voraciously(sp?) due to my fitness level and weighed in at 250lbs nude with 7% fat, never gained or lost weight. to get to that weight intially, heavy reps, 3 big meals with 2 good sized snacks and joe weider weight gain from GNC were used. now that i'm older, i'm still about the same weight, but noticably i'm not as cut. my BFI is about 19-24%.

just increase the amount if calories you take in(funny enough military MRE'S help ALOT, they contain as much as 1600calories per serving...army/navy stores have 'em) , heavy reps at the gym and keep your meals to 3 big meals and 2 good sized snacks.

c_riley
11-03-2007, 02:27 PM
cyto gainer! same people that make muscle milk. it has 54g of protein per serving, 3g of creatine and 2g of glutamine. this stuff works wonders, it helped get me from 165 to 190, plus five days in the gym a week.

Stormhammer
11-05-2007, 03:18 AM
you know, you might be like me - I weigh 145, and I can eat eat eat eat eat and keep eating ( I'm always hungry too ) - turns out I have a hyperactive thyroid that will cause me to burn calories before anything really happens to them of use

1000cckiller
11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I have been wantin to get back into good shape for a while now and since I got in some major trouble with the law I decided to go ahead and stop all the drugs and get into shape. Right now I weigh around 125 pounds. I want to get up to around 150. Tonight me and a friend went to the track and ran 2 miles and walked 1 1/4 mile. We plan on doin it every night. I was thinkin about gettin some mass tabs to help me gain some weight and once I get up to around 150 start lifting weights.

Any suggestions? I don't know **** when it comes to this stuff. Like what to eat, take, work outs?you dont wait until to gain weight to lift, you do it at the same time.

andyman
11-17-2007, 05:58 PM
dont want to slow metabolism that way because it will promote fat gain and less lean mass gain

Honestly...eat about 60/40 carbs to protein without neglecting your essential fats. Make sure to stay with brown rice/yams/oatmeal and other high GI carbs so they digest slower and dont cause insulin spikes (promoting fat storage) and then stick to chicken/fish/egg whites/random servings of beef/pork along with whey shakes immediately after working out and before you go to bed (prevents going into a catabolic state overnight since you are not eating) and might even try drinking one in the morning w/ breakfast

Cut back on your cardio and try to limit it to 30min a session so you are not burning all the calories your body needs to build lean muscle tissue, but are still providing your body with a fat-burning metabolic boost

any other questions just shoot me a pm and i can explain stuff a little better, and btw i've got a bachelor's of exercise and health science, certified by the American College of Sports Medicine, and am starting my master's of applied exercise and health science in the fall...just so u know that i'm not just pulling this stuff out of my ass
how do you like applied exercise and health science versus PT?

btw, yeah, limit the cardio. you need to spare some calories for muscle building. ultra marathon runners need massive amount of calories because they burn so much calories while being relatively small.

iEvo
11-17-2007, 06:33 PM

Any suggestions? I don't know **** when it comes to this stuff. Like what to eat, take, work outs?
i started workin out about 6 months ago and weighed 125. i weigh 150 now. alot of protien and time will get u there.