PDA

View Full Version : backyard mechanic never again\rant

TheGrillMan
10-30-2007, 06:48 PM
so im driving home today and i notice some white smoke comming from my engine bay, so i pull over pop the hood and i see the smoke very faintly comming from undeneath my intake manifold,
so i call my dad and he says that he ses some fresh oil on the drive way so i **** must just be a small leak so i proceed to drive home and the smoke start pooooooring uncontrolably right as im pulling into my neiborhood,

pull into my drive way shut it down and go over to inspect the oil on the drive way, well what do you know it's a nice red tint
ok so that narrows it down tranny or powersteering

i just had a brand new tranny put in 2k miles ago

so i guess im trying to say never again will my car be taken to some random mechanic

dealers only from now on

end rant\

RBS
10-30-2007, 07:11 PM
lol, its red eh? stick your finger on it and then smell your finger and see what it smells like, odds are buddy didnt put in the axle right or like a dumbass left the drain/fill plug loose

NAIZBST
10-30-2007, 07:22 PM
:werd:

TheGrillMan
10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
lol, its red eh? stick your finger on it and then smell your finger and see what it smells like, odds are buddy didnt put in the axle right or like a dumbass left the drain/fill plug loose

smells like tranny fluid to me

RandomGuy
10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
smells like tranny fluid to me
does it taste like tranmission fluid?, if so, then its probably transmission fluid, you can never be too sure.

TheGrillMan
10-30-2007, 07:42 PM
does it taste like tranmission fluid?, if so, then its probably transmission fluid, you can never be too sure.

haha i actualy thought to myself hrmm i didn;t taste it maybe i should

DOH

+1 for siking me out

TheGrillMan
11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
update

took it to a local shop and put it on a lift so i could get up under it and see if i could see anything and yep the main seal is ****ed and pooring oil

so now the car is back in the orginal shop being fixed

god i love mechanics

RBS
11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
well technically if all the mechanic did was put the tranny in then its not his fault as he didnt know the tranny was ****ed to begin with, BUT if whom did the tranny swap also gave you the tranny then you have every right to blame him lol

TheGrillMan
11-01-2007, 03:38 PM
well technically if all the mechanic did was put the tranny in then its not his fault as he didnt know the tranny was ****ed to begin with, BUT if whom did the tranny swap also gave you the tranny then you have every right to blame him lol

yeah i got the tranny from the same shop who installed it

Turbodude06
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
^ yep then its their falt LOL.....

JDM onlyy
11-01-2007, 04:41 PM
assholes...Lol

fade2blk500
11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
+ 1 for take it to the dealer :)

Init2winit
11-04-2007, 07:06 AM
The dealer is the absolute WORST place in the world to take a car!

Schugg
11-04-2007, 09:56 AM
The dealer is the absolute WORST place in the world to take a car!

+1 for somebody who knows what there talking about. ill never goto a dealorship for anything

your best choice is to learn to work on your own car, thats what i did it saves you money, makes you more knowledgeable about little problems that occur that you can fix on your own, you know whats been done to your car, how it was done, and what problems you run into on the way.

TheGrillMan
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
so i got my car back tonight and after sitting in my drive way for a few hr's i see some tranny oil again, so i pop the hood and take a look and there fluid allover my airbox\plumbing and pooling ontop of the tranny

im guessing that it;s just left over oil from them working on it your thoughts?

Init2winit
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
What kind of car is it?

iEvo
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
im guessin tranny fluid if u just had it messed with

Barefoot
11-06-2007, 10:46 PM
+1 for somebody who knows what there talking about. ill never goto a dealorship for anything

your best choice is to learn to work on your own car, thats what i did it saves you money, makes you more knowledgeable about little problems that occur that you can fix on your own, you know whats been done to your car, how it was done, and what problems you run into on the way.
agree

the tranny was ****ed before the mechanic even touched it. not his fault at all.

TheGrillMan
11-07-2007, 07:18 AM
agree

the tranny was ****ed before the mechanic even touched it. not his fault at all.

nothing was wrong with the actually tranny the front seal is what ****ed up wich i allready know what happend

2 guys are putting it back in
one looks to the other and says ugh.. we forgotthis
and the other says **** it
and they proceed

Init2winit
11-07-2007, 07:53 AM
What kind of car is it?.....

fade2blk500
11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I work at Acura, and I can tell you first hand, I've seen plenty of fubared cars come in from other shops and people who attempt things themselves.. The thing is, the dealer technician's have all the correct tools to make the job easier, as well as all the manuals so you know that it is right! Most dealers I've ever seen if the technician sucks, they are gone before too long. So you can guarantee that you are more than likely going to have someone who knows what they are doing working on the car.. This depends on the dealer of course.. Not to mention, if anything so happens to go wrong.. guess what? warranty! but anyways..

What kind of car are you working on?

Barefoot
11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I work at Acura, and I can tell you first hand, I've seen plenty of fubared cars come in from other shops and people who attempt things themselves.. The thing is, the dealer technician's have all the correct tools to make the job easier, as well as all the manuals so you know that it is right! Most dealers I've ever seen if the technician sucks, they are gone before too long. So you can guarantee that you are more than likely going to have someone who knows what they are doing working on the car.. This depends on the dealer of course.. Not to mention, if anything so happens to go wrong.. guess what? warranty! but anyways..

craig ive seen plenty of fobar **** roll out of dealerships from the show room floor to when it comes in for service. **** just happens where ever u go there is a chance **** will happen.

b18cEG
11-08-2007, 10:50 PM
i hate dealership, blame on people do it yourself. people engineer things and you can't even put it yourself.

vubuilt
11-10-2007, 06:19 PM
i hate dealership, blame on people do it yourself. people engineer things and you can't even put it yourself.

huh?

anyways, toyota mall of georgia forgot to tighten my oil drain plug last time i came in. :headslap:

turbosx©
11-10-2007, 08:02 PM
lol there known for that ish yo!!! that and blowing up motors

Tech5
11-10-2007, 08:15 PM
want to put heads on a 2003 landrover freerunner??/ LOL:goodjob:

YokotaS13
11-10-2007, 09:14 PM

if you cant fix almost anything on a honda you shouldnt be working on cars

on a side note
**** a dealership

black
11-10-2007, 09:16 PM
You get what you payed for.

If it's cheap, expect the work to be cheap. Make sense.

Init2winit
11-10-2007, 10:14 PM
want to put heads on a 2003 landrover freerunner??/ LOL:goodjob:Those things aren't worth putting heads on! They are junk by the time the first oil change comes around!:D

RBS
11-10-2007, 10:37 PM
well theres a reason why they sell manuals for your specific vehicle at local auto stores :doh:

DIY work FTW :D

b18cEG
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM
know anybody hiring for diesel tech.