PDA

View Full Version : Not about car, but about PC

therzdae
10-30-2007, 06:29 PM
So I have a Alienware laptop, last week my computer ran outta warranty so I called them up and tried to get them to help me figure out but they said they couldn't and could only give me tips, which I knew everything they tipped me about...

so I am currently trying to connect to my modem box, So I came here to see if anyone can help me...
I went
Under device manager
under Other devices
Ethernet Controller has a yellow circle with a black explanation point on it... Went to property's
says its not configured correctly (code 1)
???

Any one help me?
Whats that mean? how you tell me how to fix it?

-if this is in the wrong area mods sorry switch for me?
tried to reinstall and the computer searchs for the hardware but cant find anything..

quickdodgeŽ
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
-if this is in the wrong area mods sorry switch for me?

Couldn't you have just posted this in the right section instead of where you want and having someone else move it? Later, QD.

Benefit
10-30-2007, 06:50 PM
update the driver...download it from the internet or use your alienware cd you got with the computer...

Jecht
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
What kind of modem is it? What operating system are you using (XP or Vista I assume since its Alienware)?

cdhtang
10-30-2007, 09:30 PM
That mean you need to update the driver. You either use the factory driver cd to install it or download it through their website: http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx.
You can give me you model # and I will download it for you if you want.

therzdae
10-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Well i took yalls advice and tried to download the driver for it, but it says it already has the updated driver...
its a comcast scientific Atlanta modem
operating on windows XP

cdhtang
10-31-2007, 03:17 PM
no...if the driver is installed right, it won't give you the !.
Just put the model of your computer here, and i will find it for you and give you direction.

therzdae
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM
its the Aurora M9700

cdhtang
10-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Your network card use the driver in the nvidia chipset driver. Download it here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/license/location_0605.asp?url=http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/standalone/6.86/6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql.exe
It is an executable file, so just run it(do not install the nvidia firewall manager when it ask you, it takes up your memory), and follow the direction, and restart the computer. It should work after.

chituntang
11-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Most of the time, when the system knows what the device is but not knowing how to run it, it just sounds like you need to do a clean up and restore.

therzdae
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
i already tried a clean up and restore, i restored back like 2 months then another time 6 months... didnt work, I tried downloading that and was successful and then It said it had to restart so i restarted got back up and its still saying the same thing still not letting me on... called the internet people they told me it was my problem yet again so still trying to figure it out? I dont have enough money to pay someone to fix it, college is not cheap.