PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic ?'s

Scr00G
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm trying to get a new catalytic for a 98 Teg ASAP, I've found a couple at Autozone one is universal and the other is direct fit, Ive also checked some other places as well. My questions are.....

1. I've been told that a universal that has to be welded on will through a check engine light, that it has to be a direct fit for it not to throw any codes. I was told that by a muffler shop, I believe its some bull**** but I need to make sure, so is that true or not?

2. Second shopping around I've been asked if the car is aautomatic or standard, what does that have to do with anything? And is it important?

3. Last I found a direct fit at Summit but it was for a 93-95 model so it didn't have the secondary O2 sensor hole, can I get a muffler shop to make the hole or is this just out of the question? I was told by the same muffler shop that it can't be done. They have to be purchased with that hole, is that true?

I need help guys, give me some advice, please. In case anyh body was wondering, HELL NO I won't be going to that muffler shop ever, LOL.

Meso Teggy
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
get a magnaflow high flow cat ...i got it for my gs-r and i passed emissions with it...it has both before and after holes for the o2 sensors