PDA

View Full Version : bazooka tube

1NonlyAccord
10-29-2007, 05:15 PM
any1 have or heard one of these before? something cheap and dosnt take up any space (8" sub) it says it has 102db sensitivity and 600watt/300rms. any thoughts-the NOS/NX one

BanginJimmy
10-30-2007, 12:41 AM
retarded looking and sounding. dont waste your money.

Turbo04
10-30-2007, 12:45 AM
I find it to be a joke, sounds horrible to me, but I've had people I've talked with that love the things. They din't want to give up a lot of space but dint' want alot of bass either.

David88vert
10-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Don't get the NOS bottle one. Use an RS8 if you are going to run one. I sold them for many years and won a lot of comps with them, but you have to know the tricks with them. They are not for booming down the block, but you can get good SQ with them - if you are familiar with how to set them up right.

BanginJimmy
10-30-2007, 09:47 PM
you arent winning any competitions with a bazooka tube unless you are the only one in the class. They sound like complete ass, and they have zero low end extention. There is not a single thing that POS product can do that you cant do better with any other 8" sub and a square box.

1NonlyAccord
10-31-2007, 05:55 AM
is there any way to take out the bazooka 8" and replace it with a JL or sumthn? cuz it dosnt look like they have it set up so u can just screw it out. because my situation is i need something small. i already have 2 10s in a bandpass box but my airtank is in the way.so the systems just sitting in the house.

Mr. Clean
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM
i think you should get the NOS bottle man. they look excellent in any application. unbelievable sound quality (greater than any other 8' sub you will find) and the blue and orange will really set off the trunk of you accord :ninja:

get a small amp and a f*ckin 8' sub and put it in a box! jesus... if you get a bazooka tube, your paying for a piece of **** thats built for one purpose-give mediocre sound at decent prices (they are really advertised as just an addition to a completely stock radio and meant to be inside the vehicle for best sound). for the same price you can piece together a system that can be adjustable to what kind of sound you want out of it and look so much better than that ricey ass NOS bottle plus that **** $350. when you buy a bazooka tube your limiting the potential of the space you could have used for some other small sub setup. yes the tubes have an adjustment on them, but come on... how far can you really turn up a 100 watt amp?

Dracc
10-31-2007, 12:32 PM
you arent winning any competitions with a bazooka tube unless you are the only one in the class. They sound like complete ass, and they have zero low end extention. There is not a single thing that POS product can do that you cant do better with any other 8" sub and a square box.

come on jimmy.. what was the triangle looking one in the tube? i have four of those stacked in the trunk.. left plenty of space and they beat hard enough to place at the car show... 131.4:D

BanginJimmy
10-31-2007, 01:16 PM
I can also yell loud enough to score a 131 on the POS mic they most likely used. Most likely an audiocontrol 180. Come on over and we will put it on my Term-Lab and see what it really does. Mu guess is mid 120's.

Dracc
10-31-2007, 01:43 PM
I can also yell loud enough to score a 131 on the POS mic they most likely used. Most likely an audiocontrol 180. Come on over and we will put it on my Term-Lab and see what it really does. Mu guess is mid 120's.

lol hahahaha how'd ya guess.. that was an older setup i had.. now i'm rolling with the four L7 15's i'm about to get another system.. 4 FI BL's not the BTL's the BL 12's

BanginJimmy
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
I really miss my XXX's. I think it was one of the dumbest thing I have ever done selling those.

My next system will be DD subs, but I'm not sure about amps yet. I have a couple year old US AMPS DE-3000 sitting around, but I dont know if thats the amp I want to use yet. Now that I think of it, I have like 3k worth of audio **** just sitting around in the garage. I think I might need to have a garage sale.

David88vert
10-31-2007, 04:49 PM

Hell, I was competing and judging audio comps before you could drive. :D I've built plenty of show cars and have won with many different setups - including using Bazookas. Hell, I even took second in a large class at an old HiFi Buys class with no active subs in the car - just to prove a point (way back in the day). Last cars that I fielded were back in the mid-90s though. But I'm not too old, right? :D

You can make a lot of inferior products sound decent based upon setup and knowledge of acoustical physics. At least, you used to be able to.... :D

David88vert
10-31-2007, 04:51 PM

That's true, the mic and software can have an effect.

Do they still even have any A-weighted or C-weighted setups, or has that gone the way of the dinosaur?

BanginJimmy
10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
those are all gone. The high end mics are even a mic anymore. They are simple a pressure sensor.

Dracc
10-31-2007, 10:35 PM
I really miss my XXX's. I think it was one of the dumbest thing I have ever done selling those.

My next system will be DD subs, but I'm not sure about amps yet. I have a couple year old US AMPS DE-3000 sitting around, but I dont know if thats the amp I want to use yet. Now that I think of it, I have like 3k worth of audio **** just sitting around in the garage. I think I might need to have a garage sale.

i've got two autotek mean machine 4000.1's and 1 3000.1... only thing about those are if you turn them all the way up ... 87% distortion ftl.... i have some xxx 12's sitting around and acouple w7 8's ... i wanted the new xxx but only one has been released for testimg amd it was suppose to come out last year.. let me know what you have to sell cause i might want some of it:yes:

BanginJimmy
11-01-2007, 12:06 AM
right now I have the DE3000,
an old L7-12
an RE 8
2 MTX 4512's
a fried Eclipse av8533 I need to try to find a brain box for
and old Kenwood KDC-721 I believe it is Still using that to power my speakers though.

those MM amps are beasts. I actually almost got 1 of those instead of the DE3000.

Dracc
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
right now I have the DE3000,
an old L7-12
an RE 8
2 MTX 4512's
a fried Eclipse av8533 I need to try to find a brain box for
and old Kenwood KDC-721 I believe it is Still using that to power my speakers though.

those MM amps are beasts. I actually almost got 1 of those instead of the DE3000.

let me get that eclipse head unit and that l7 12 for my girls monte carlo :D

David88vert
11-01-2007, 08:05 PM
those are all gone. The high end mics are even a mic anymore. They are simple a pressure sensor.

Pressure sensor for SPL, right? Not for an RTA, correct? You would still need a mic for measuring frequencies, right? The old Audio Control unit would only handle 136 on the mic, I believe, what are they up to now?

redgst97
11-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Pressure sensor for SPL, right? Not for an RTA, correct? You would still need a mic for measuring frequencies, right? The old Audio Control unit would only handle 136 on the mic, I believe, what are they up to now?

Audio Control's can go up to 180 with the proper mic... I "think" it only reads freom 100 hz and down...something like that.

BanginJimmy
11-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Both the audiocontrol 190 and the term-lab are accurate to 190db. Depending on what tone you are using each one is a little different in the score, but over the entire range they are about equal.

The TL can read any SPL over 120, the actual freq doesnt matter. I'm not positive about the AC though. Yes the RT has a mic, not a sensor.

Dracc
11-02-2007, 02:40 AM
Both the audiocontrol 190 and the term-lab are accurate to 190db. Depending on what tone you are using each one is a little different in the score, but over the entire range they are about equal.

The TL can read any SPL over 120, the actual freq doesnt matter. I'm not positive about the AC though. Yes the RT has a mic, not a sensor.

tv you son of a bastard :D

Stormhammer
11-02-2007, 03:01 AM
don't expect to be cracking asphalt with bass, but I loved my bass tube in my Starion. It had a nice whump and complemented the 4"s - they pack a nice whump but nothing that's just white noise etc ( which personally I hate when all you hear and feel is bass and can hear the person miles away )

BanginJimmy
11-02-2007, 12:22 PM
tv you son of a bastard :D

I'm just trying to be helpful. We all know how many idiots troll this board, so you gotta get the info out quick before some idiot sticks his uneducated nose in it.

Dracc
11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm just trying to be helpful. We all know how many idiots troll this board, so you gotta get the info out quick before some idiot sticks his uneducated nose in it.

i know man i know... :goodjob:

Double_0_Rusty
11-04-2007, 12:45 AM
i've got two autotek mean machine 4000.1's and 1 3000.1... only thing about those are if you turn them all the way up ... 87% distortion ftl.... i have some xxx 12's sitting around and acouple w7 8's ... i wanted the new xxx but only one has been released for testimg amd it was suppose to come out last year.. let me know what you have to sell cause i might want some of it:yes:

Representin y0!....In my truck I have a Autotek ss200.2(i think haven't looked in a while.) and a Autotek MM500.1, the 200 powering the doors, dash, rear speakers, and the 500 mono block powering 2 Diamond Audio D1 10's in vented boxes.....Sounds fairly well for the amount I have invested in it.

To the OP, seriously don't get a tube. just go smaller. I have heard plenty of 8's and 6x9's beatin it up.

redciv1
11-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry, Can someone tell me how we get off into a whole other conversation.
To the original post, all car audio comes down to what you can afford, your requirements and what sounds good to you personally. I start off back in the day with JL audio more than 10 years ago. The last sub I bought was a used 10" Bazooka tube. As stated earlier if you are going for compeition SPL then this is not the sub for you. However, I listened to everything from Gospel, Jazz, Hip Hop, Classical...etc and I thought for the price and especially the space saving, afterall isn't that why people by tubes for the space, they sounded really good. Of course the 10" sub did not go low enough in the frequency for me, but nevertheless still impressive. Oh and a warning to you. Personally I stopped going to audio shops because they were only promoting the company that they felt like was the best. I remember going into a CC and asked to listen to a Infinity Basslink and the thing sounded like crap however the salesperson raved about the Bazooka tube. The Basslink is a 12" sub that handles a little more power than the Bazooka 10" tube. Just beware of some of the shops.

1NonlyAccord
11-04-2007, 10:03 AM
yea i understand what yall are saying-u get what u pay for. but i have nothing more than a stock system in my car right now,besides the headunit-stock doors,and rear speakers..so in MY case a tube would b better than nothing.
i mean im use to having JL W6's so i kno theres no way i can compair a 100$ speaker to a 450$ speaker.lol but i have NO bass what so evver evn if its +7 on the headunit..lol

LiL PaKi
11-04-2007, 10:06 AM
I have a bazooka tube for sale... hit me up 404.422.5063-Aisha

1NonlyAccord
11-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I have a bazooka tube for sale... hit me up 404.422.5063-Aisha

thanks but i wanna add on to my 'rice' and get the nos tube.:gay:plus itl b another 3weeks till i can spend money 3k credit card bil.haha

David88vert
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
yea i understand what yall are saying-u get what u pay for. but i have nothing more than a stock system in my car right now,besides the headunit-stock doors,and rear speakers..so in MY case a tube would b better than nothing.
i mean im use to having JL W6's so i kno theres no way i can compair a 100$ speaker to a 450$ speaker.lol but i have NO bass what so evver evn if its +7 on the headunit..lol

I like Bazooka tubes a lot, but if you have an Accord trunk, it would be cheaper to get a decent woofer, and a small box. In an Accord, you will get more bang-for-the-buck that way.