PDA

View Full Version : 94 Cobra???

TS240
10-29-2007, 11:14 AM
OK, so Im looking at buying a 94 Cobra with around 13X,XXX miles on it and I wanted to ask you guys whats your opinions are on these cars?

First of all I know the car is gonna suck on gas being a 5.0, but I wanted to know if you guys knew how reliable these cars are or are they really as stout as they are cracked up to be?

The only 5 liter V8 I've ever drove was my dads old F-150 which didnt really tell me a lot about the engines accept they are tough an durable.

MODS I know this should be in the car talk section but I felt you guys in the Kills Forum were a lot more knowledgable about these cars.

Thanks for your input and help!:goodjob:

onebadgt
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
the reliability issues will depend on how it was taken care of, and as for power, if its stock it will prob run mid to high 14s

TS240
10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Well the guys says it has a rebuilt motor and a new tranny but hes only asking a little over 4K. I saw the car in person and it has a few minor dents and scratches nothing big. When I saw the car the guy wasnt there so I didnt get to crank it or pop the hood. The price seems kinda low, so Im guessing he BSing about the new motor and tranns.

Evil Goat
10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
on a beat up 94 that price is about right, should be the h.o. 5.0, and doubtful it will touch a 14 second slip, personally id look for a 96+ cobra if thats what you want, but the 5.0's have a huge following, theyre cheap to build, and can be a lot of fun, as well as reliable, my cousin has a roller 5.0 in a trunk back foxbody and that ***** screams on pretty good

TS240
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah I'd much rather get a newer model but Im on a budget so thats not really an option. The guy put pictures up of the motor it looks pretty clean, and yeah its a 5.0. The cars been repainted an ugly bone white color and its got some gays ass chrome rims which will be replaced shortly after I buy it. Im stuck at school in Carrollton for the rest of the week so my dad is gonna go test drive it and ****.

Thanks for your help guys!

stanger04
10-29-2007, 01:00 PM
TS240 after meeting you and talking with your dad I think you just made the best decision on a 94 cobra then that subrua hands down.......That's a damn good price on that car if its a true 94 cobra. Check out make sure its got the right intake manifold the bigger injectors does it say cobra on the airbags etc etc..The cobra as long as you keep it up and not trash it out will hold its value alot better then that impreze you where looking at. The car will run 14's stock. im going to say in the neighborhood of 14.7-14.9...but hey if you want to make it faster come see me at my new job www.jpsmusclecars.com (http://www.jpsmusclecars.com) I got plenty of connections with those type of cars....all you have to do to get it into the 13's with little work and little money with exhuast a better flowing intake and a gear. You can get all of that less then 1k.

One other thing if you ever decide to do a cam or anything your going to have to have the computer flashed or put a 93 a9l computer in it.

Evil Goat
10-29-2007, 01:30 PM
unfortunatley theres no body code in the VIN to insure its a real cobra, that i know of for the 94's anyway, other than checking with the svt department of ford to make sure the vin matches that of a known built cobra...personally id make him supply you with a svt certificate

this is the one from my 97 that i sold 2 years ago so you know what they look like
http://www.maconracers.org/images/svtcert.jpg

if not you can use the following to insure it atleast came with the h.o. 5.0, and couple that together with the cobra intake, and ecu insignia, which i dont remember what it is, but its different than the regular 5.0's, the rear wing is different and had the 3rd brake light integrated into it, the rear bumper does not say cobra on it until 96, and the hood is the same as the gt's, it doesnt change until 96 as well

1FALP4046RF100001

this part of the VIN should be D, as in dog, which signifies it came with the 240hp h.o. 5.0

antiv6
10-29-2007, 01:34 PM
there nice cars 5.0 parts are cheap too, stock its slow but a few nice mods and youll be good, like 410's in the rear

TS240
10-29-2007, 02:13 PM
TS240 after meeting you and talking with your dad I think you just made the best decision on a 94 cobra then that subrua hands down.......That's a damn good price on that car if its a true 94 cobra. Check out make sure its got the right intake manifold the bigger injectors does it say cobra on the airbags etc etc..The cobra as long as you keep it up and not trash it out will hold its value alot better then that impreze you where looking at. The car will run 14's stock. im going to say in the neighborhood of 14.7-14.9...but hey if you want to make it faster come see me at my new job www.jpsmusclecars.com (http://www.jpsmusclecars.com/) I got plenty of connections with those type of cars....all you have to do to get it into the 13's with little work and little money with exhuast a better flowing intake and a gear. You can get all of that less then 1k.

One other thing if you ever decide to do a cam or anything your going to have to have the computer flashed or put a 93 a9l computer in it.

Thanks, I was actually gonna buy the impreza, but when I called another guy said it was about to sell.
One reason why I was reluctant to get the impreza was cuz it was a 2.5rs and lacked the performance I wanted. I couldn't really say infront of my dad that I want something thats gonna haul ass.

Heres the add on craigslist: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/459769387.html
the car is really close to my parents house so I saw it in person, and then I happened to find the add.

Thanks again for the help guys:goodjob:

TS240
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok so my dad talked to the guy a minute ago and the guy said he had just rebuilt the motor. (dont know if this guy is a credibale engine builder)
The guy said he thinks the throw-out barring is going out cuz its not wanting to go into gear. (who rebuilds an engine and doesnt replace the clutch assembly?)
My dads gonna test drive it tommorrow.
What do you guys think, starting to sound like a bad deal?

stanger04
10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
IF i where you i'd check out streetcarforums.com go to the atlanta for sale section their is an white coupe for sale for 4600 bucks yeah its an auto but its a coupe that is CLEAN as hell...and the coupes bring un godly money now days...are look though there is alot of 5.0 on their for sale...but that deal seems alittle if'y to me.....

SE-Rious1
10-29-2007, 09:51 PM
i love the 94 and 95 cobras mmmmmmmm

TS240
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks I'll check it out. I was woundering, would a mid 90's GT be worth it?
Im not really brand loyal, so if you guys think of something with similar performance and price let me know.
Im guessing 90's camaros and trans-ams would come to mind but I dont know.

SE-Rious1
10-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks I'll check it out. I was woundering, would a mid 90's GT be worth it?
Im not really brand loyal, so if you guys think of something with similar performance and price let me know.
Im guessing 90's camaros and trans-ams would come to mind but I dont know.
the 90's boxstyle camaros and t-birds had to many problems unless u did swaps
the stangs are best bang for the buck takes lil boltons to make good power.

TS240
10-29-2007, 11:40 PM
the 90's boxstyle camaros and t-birds had to many problems unless u did swaps
the stangs are best bang for the buck takes lil boltons to make good power.

Good to know:goodjob:

SE-Rious1
10-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Good to know:goodjob:
my bro has had so many 5.0's i cant remember which i liked best but i know they are great cars if you take well care of them and if you can find a 5.0 coupe yull always have money in the bank cause those cars are selling for more and more every year