PDA

View Full Version : S13 Custom dash pieces

gijeff1805
10-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Well i have been designing and working on new dash pieces...making a custom gauge cluster and center console, what do you guys think?

Now the center console is somewhat of a ***** to get smooth so i was thinking about ordering a carbon fiber sheet and putting it on there. So i was wondering if i could get someones help by photoshoping the center console carbon fiber and posting it.

Also another photoshoped picture but with the gauge cluster carbon fiber also.

And opinions about if i should make the a/c guage cluster, center console, and gauge cluster carbon fiber or just leaving them all black..

Id appreciate any input

Repost Squintz
10-29-2007, 12:04 AM
resize your pictures plz

quickdodgeŽ
10-29-2007, 09:41 AM
And post in the proper section. Later, QD.

Nemesis
10-29-2007, 09:46 AM
And get rid of your Neon!

lol jk

BuBBa DRiFT
10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
what material did you use? i was thinking about doing that and just cutting holes for my gauges and other electronics. Nice work by the way.

gijeff1805
10-29-2007, 12:07 PM
I used the stock center console and covered it with a thin cloth material so i could lay fiberglass on it...i fiberglassed it a couple times to make it nice and sturdy and then its just alot of sanding and what not and you can keep laying on just fiberglass resin and hardner

the gauge cluster i used plexiglass pretty much and started tracing the inside so i could have an idea on what shape and size and then sanded from there to get it to fit

Wurm
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
it would look better if wrapped in the same material as the dash

but good job anyways

gijeff1805
10-29-2007, 12:18 PM
it would look better if wrapped in the same material as the dash

but good job anyways

i thought about that..but really havent had a clue where i could find the same material as the dash

speedminded
10-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I used the stock center console and covered it with a thin cloth material so i could lay fiberglass on it...i fiberglassed it a couple times to make it nice and sturdy and then its just alot of sanding and what not and you can keep laying on just fiberglass resin and hardner

the gauge cluster i used plexiglass pretty much and started tracing the inside so i could have an idea on what shape and size and then sanded from there to get it to fitlolol, why not get a sheet of plastic or aluminum and simply cut it to fit? It would only cost a few bucks at most and take 15 minutes.

You could even get a sheet of carbon fiber that size for under $20.

gijeff1805
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
carbon fiber sheets are not that cheap anymore..

speedminded
10-30-2007, 04:10 AM
carbon fiber sheets are not that cheap anymore..You're right, looks like the the cost has gone up...that's funny. I think i found me something to do in my spare time. ;)

gijeff1805
10-30-2007, 12:23 PM
yea i have been doing my research and there is a national shortage on carbon fiber...i actually heard that the army was buying all of it up