PDA

View Full Version : Altenator...

JDM onlyy
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
If I took my fuse out for blower motor...would that cause my battery light to come on? And would it cause my alternator not to work and my battery to get drained like hell?

JDM onlyy
10-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to post 1900!!
Lol...help is appreciated.

Also my radio was working but now it isn't...and the fuses are good on the radio and alternator. Oh yeah, I drive a 1991 Honda DX with a Mini-me converted to obd1

RBS
10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
If I took my fuse out for blower motor...would that cause my battery light to come on?

no

And would it cause my alternator not to work and my battery to get drained like hell?

no

odds are you took out the wrong fuse or broke something taking the blower motor fuse out, battery light only comes on when you cars voltage reads really really low. put that fuse back in, double check all your fuses ( engine and dash fuses ), check your alternator belt, and check all other electrical connections. if all that fails call me

RBS
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
... you big dummy lol

JDM onlyy
10-30-2007, 01:19 AM
If I took my fuse out for blower motor...would that cause my battery light to come on?

no

And would it cause my alternator not to work and my battery to get drained like hell?

no

odds are you took out the wrong fuse or broke something taking the blower motor fuse out, battery light only comes on when you cars voltage reads really really low. put that fuse back in, double check all your fuses ( engine and dash fuses ), check your alternator belt, and check all other electrical connections. if all that fails call me

belt seems pretty tight...may have gotten stretched. i dont know. come check it out and bring me some fuses. i'm running low on cash right now.

RBS
10-30-2007, 07:12 PM
i cant come by anytime soon, i been wrapped up with school and my girl. just mess around with things until you find the issue

JDM onlyy
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
i cant come by anytime soon, i been wrapped up with school and my girl. just mess around with things until you find the issue

well i stuck a fuse in the blower motor. **** still don't work. Think my fuse box is f*cked? Iuno, cause the radio ain't working and neither is the blower motor and the alternator thing....but everything else works.

Einstein
10-31-2007, 05:47 PM
You can go to Autozone/Advance/Oreilly and they can check to see if your alternator is charging.

Battery light should only come on if the voltage isn't right. Less than 10ish and over 16ish. Overcharging is bad - things fry.

JDM onlyy
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
You can go to Autozone/Advance/Oreilly and they can check to see if your alternator is charging.

Battery light should only come on if the voltage isn't right. Less than 10ish and over 16ish. Overcharging is bad - things fry.

Taken it to Autozone and the Alternator is good. I've already had it checked. But thanks

Einstein
10-31-2007, 10:22 PM
No prob. I always like to check the basics.

JDM onlyy
11-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Anybody got any ideas? Need to get this fixed asap.

RBS
11-01-2007, 03:28 PM
if you got gas money ill come by right now and fix that ish

JDM onlyy
11-01-2007, 04:39 PM
if you got gas money ill come by right now and fix that ish

I have half a tank in my EF. You can siphon it out. Lol. Or I think I may have a couple of bucks laying around. I don't know. Come check it out. I took the fuse box off and everything looks right and dandy...but it would be cool if I had another one to try on it. Fixed the blower motor...don't ask how.

JDM onlyy
11-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Fixed...thanks to my smartass little buddy 1SiccEJ2 Lol. Thanks dude, I'll give you 3 dollars later when I have money.