PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers on 05 civic

BiH Importsz
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
OK guys, i really need help on this one. i want to lower my car, last time i bought Tein Springs, it just lowered my front didnt lower the rear, so i am tryin to see if it would be ok to put coilovers on my 05 civic? What do you recommend. i want it to be low though.
Would it be better to buy springs or coilovers?
Would it bend my tires/rims (if you know what i mean)?
If i get coilovers, is it necessary to buy camber kit with it, or it should be good without it, by just putting in coilovers.
Please help me out, i have no idea what to do, any advice or anything would be appreciated.

chituntang
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
It depends on how low you want your car. If the number of drop is below 2in, I think you can just go with lowering spring. If you are looking for more, go get coilover. If you are buying lowering springs, you need to research a little bit as different company has different drop numbers, and some companies even have different lowering springs (like Tein has S-tech and H-tech). The more you lower, the hasher the ride quality. And to a certain point of lowering, the strut/shock would not hold the load and you will just better off coilover.

If you are going coilover, you may as well get those pillow top mount. That gives you camber for the front. For the back, get the camber kit too. It is not like the car would handle like sh*t, but just your tire wear would just be too fast as inside of the tire would wear out faster than the outside.

BiH Importsz
10-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Thank you

hondaxpurt
10-29-2007, 05:42 PM
kyb agx adjustables and skunk 2 coilovers:goodjob: :goodjob:

cdhtang
10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I know people like to get coilover selves, but I think it is better to get the whole coilovers, like tein, tanabe, etc. The coilover are design to perform the best for your car. If you get shocks and coilover springs, the ride is not as comfortable. Coilovers have camber plant in the front, but you need to buy camber kit for the rear. If you lower it too much without changing the camber the wheels would look like / \, and you will waste your money for the tires.