PDA

View Full Version : Dear, EF Squad

EvasiveEF9
10-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Just a head's up. I wanted to throw it out there that as of this past thursday, I finally got the title from JDMJoe and MikesEK for the 1991 Honda Civic DX. So...the new project will begin soon. It'll be slow, at first, because I'll be working on JDMJayDC's Integra at the same time I'm working to break down the 91 DX. However...this thread is to keep everyone posted with the updates. I'm going to allow IA's EF Squad to help me build, and leave a few decisions up to ya'll...so keep an eye out. Things that will be up for grabs by the squad are going to be: brakes, suspension, motor, audio, and project name. Keep an eye out for them soon. Updates on the project will be on a post-by-post basis. Pictures will come post-by-post as I get them, and this thread will soon NOT be 56K friendly.

Currently: Project is completely stock. All that's been done to it thus far is replacing the driver's side window that was busted out. Interior (almost full intact) is black/gray and stock. The radio is missing, but all else is there. Currently there are only speakers in the front, and the tach-less speedo cluster is in play. Exterior is currently gunmetal with a few, but not too many dents. Being the 91 DX, the bumpers aren't the solid black, but are instead the half-painted ones. The rear is the same, and has a red center garnish that says "civic" with the rear glass wiper, and the coat hanger antenna. All glass is untinted. Paint is in relatively good condition with some sun-dried spots. Rims are the stock 14" black steelies. Brakes and suspension are all stock. Motor is a burnt-out d15b2. The car had a 5spd DX tranny that was left with the seller. Frame is straight with no signs of any real accidents.

Near-future: Monday, I will be starting the process of gutting the engine bay in prep for paint. This will take some time, and it'll be a couple days before I'll have any REAL updates. As stated...project will be slow at first.

JDMJAYDC2
10-28-2007, 03:00 PM
awww ben you must didnt have anything to do... this is so well written im so proud of you. you forgot to mention that it has a door conversion done to it as well il take some pics when i come to the shop this week to keep the thread updated!

jfrolang
10-28-2007, 03:25 PM
When it comes to suspension, the only thing worth debating is the spring rates. Get Ground Controls and Konis. End of story.

Cato ED-6
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
If you need an extra pair of hands, at anytime, just call me man. :goodjob:

Papa_Smurf
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
little off topic, but sum1 just offered me 4 grand for my car......lol

i dont want to get rid of me ef, but thats a hell of an offer, wouldn't ya say?

slow_hatch
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM

F yeah, sell it :lmfao:

StraightSix
10-28-2007, 06:01 PM

You didn't sell it on the spot?

EvasiveEF9
10-28-2007, 06:03 PM
I would have sold out. I could build like 2 or 3 for 4grand...

slow_hatch
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
You didn't sell it on the spot?

Thats what i'm saying.

Papa_Smurf
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
lol he offered it in a pm mang...

i have no other car to drive, and plus i'd want to get a b16 hatch if i sold mine...

i guess i'll start looking for another car, but i have a feeling it's just sum kid who doesn't really have any money...

EvasiveEF9
10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Quite possibly...but if he's serious, I'll sell you my ls hatch ;)

Now, damnit, quit whoring my thread!

Papa_Smurf
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
lol, sorry sir.

<<<<< looking forward to seeing this project.

seriously ask ur boss if me and jayjdm w/e his sn is, lol, how much it's be to paint both of our cars, with minimal body damage to one (just door dings and a few dentws in the rear quarter panel). 2 cars = special price, i'll rock your shops stickers all over my car :)

JDMJAYDC2
10-28-2007, 07:35 PM
yeah that would be a hell of a deal but me and ben have to finish my car first before i can get it painted but i would have sold my ef if i was you on the spot but like you said prolly some kid just jacking with you

Papa_Smurf
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
yea, it's prolly just sum kid being stupid, i really dont want to sell my hatch anyways, ever :).

but yea, jadjay, when you go to get your car painted i want to get it done w/ you, i'm sure they can cut us sum kind of deal...i'll be ready to get it painted this summer.

OKAY, ENOUGH THREAD JACKING, SORRY BEN :)

SL65AMG
10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
yo joker, ill lend you my set of hands anytime you need them man. well, as long as im not busy of course.....

EvasiveEF9
10-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I'll keep ya'll posted on the project.

As of right now, I'm trying to get JDMJay's Integra done, and helping my boss move out of his house and into a condo. My car will see whatever free time I can seeing as it has heat, and my current car doesn't...and I HATE the cold...

wbhard3029
10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
AWWWW BENNY DONT LIKE THE COLD!!! gotch *****!!

wbhard3029
10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
hey if you need any help with the new project im game..i'll help however i can....see ya bro

JDMJAYDC2
10-29-2007, 02:59 PM
yeah well small update as it sits right now it has just the oem hubs but its a real good looking hatch pics should be up tomorrow so everyone can get a baseline on what his project is when i go to the shop tomorrow im gonna try and push it back out so you can see the whole thing it really is a good buy he lucked out on it

EvasiveEF9
10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
AWWWW BENNY DONT LIKE THE COLD!!! gotch *****!!
Hell no, I don't. Florida-born, Southern raised...

hey if you need any help with the new project im game..i'll help however i can....see ya bro
You'd FIRST have to drive down here...
There will be plenty to do. Trust me. I've got two or three girls that wanna A) help, B) learn.

It'll be fun...just wanna get it started, but I'm kinda holding off til i get the "baseline" pictures...

yeah well small update as it sits right now it has just the oem hubs but its a real good looking hatch pics should be up tomorrow so everyone can get a baseline on what his project is when i go to the shop tomorrow im gonna try and push it back out so you can see the whole thing it really is a good buy he lucked out on it
Yeah, I really did luck out. It was definitely a damn steal...

Currently, it's ALL OEM. Which brings me to my first threads for polls...