PDA

View Full Version : eclipse speakers ftw!

patrick4588
10-27-2007, 07:13 PM
i work at circuit city and the store has not opened yet. well i am an installer in the roadshop and get to setup the sound boards. well in the last week or so, i have setup lots of speakers ranging from sony, panasonic, polk, eclipse, etc. i just wanted to let everyone know how impressed i was with the eclipse speakers. They out perform everything we have on display. granted we dont carry mb quart, alpine, or a few others; but for what we got, the eclipse's rock. they stay nice and clear and very high levels; even running without an amp, they perform very very well. just wanted to put the word out there.

David88vert
10-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Eclipse has been around a long time, and generally has good quality.

One thing to know though is that the sound you hear on a soundboard is not what you will hear in the car. They are two very different environments, and even the angles of the speakers in relationship to your ears will be different. Soundboards are meant to do one thing - sell equipment. They do not accurately reproduce what you will hear in the automobile.

patrick4588
10-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Eclipse has been around a long time, and generally has good quality.

One thing to know though is that the sound you hear on a soundboard is not what you will hear in the car. They are two very different environments, and even the angles of the speakers in relationship to your ears will be different. Soundboards are meant to do one thing - sell equipment. They do not accurately reproduce what you will hear in the automobile.

i know they have been around and i know they will sound different in the car. for whats on the board, they outperform them all in that environment.

BanginJimmy
10-29-2007, 12:07 AM
midline Eclipse will outperform anything made by Alpine and high end Elcipse is on par with upper midline Quarts.

Eclipse head units are the best maistream head units, bar none

drpepper14
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
sorry but the eclipse stuff @ circuit city is definately NOT the best sounding speaker they carry or have on display. I am the head installer in my roadshop and have been there for a few years, so if you haven't installed a set of eclipse 6.5's in a vehicle and then compared them to polk audio 6.5's then you don't know what you are talking about.

The speakers that CC carries from eclipse are the bottom of the line eclipse and severely lack any sort of midbass and sound like absolute trash in a car if not amped and/or backed up by some sort of setup providing bass/midbass

this is obviously just my opinion, but I know a ton of other people agree when it comes to CC's eclipse line and the Polk DB's we carry.

patrick4588
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
i work at "the city" which is circuit city's new platform/system whatever and basically its completely different than any other circuit city. there are only 2 open in the united states right now. the store layout and inventory is different, so im not sure if the same ones are on display. concerning the polks; if you are referring to the 6501's they are not as clear as the eclipses ON THE DISPLAY BOARDS. our store has not even opened yet, so i have not had a chance to install them in a car, but i am very impressed with the eclipses. you guys have the good/better/best setup still right? where are the eclipses in at?

drpepper14
10-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I have visited your store with my store manager and the inventory in the roadshop is the exact same, so trust me...once you get the DB's in and compare them to the eclipses...you won't know what i'm talking about.

And in terms of speakers we can even get our hands on as installers, Polk still has the best speakers we can buy on accomodations with the Polk Audio SR6500's which blow the entire eclipse line away

patrick4588
10-30-2007, 04:10 PM
thats awesome. i cant wait to get them up and powered then! when did you visit that store? we just got inventory last week and have not seen any visitors to the roadshop

Allstar3.8T
10-31-2007, 09:25 AM
I had an all Eclipse system including eight 12"s that I could not have been happier with, and we beat the crap out of it.

drpepper14
10-31-2007, 02:45 PM
we visited during the building of the store since it is the new store model if it works out. I knew the inventory of the roadshop wasn't different because i specifically had that conversation with the DM whom I used to work with as our ops manager for a few years. Definately get some polks in a car and trust me you'll like them for what they are.

drpepper14
10-31-2007, 02:46 PM
and to allstar:

I agree with you on an eclipse system sounding great, but we are only comparing the the eclipse line the CC carries for sale to the public to the lines they carry of Polk. Both companies make MUCH better speakers that sound amazing, but as far as inventory is concerned...polk wins hands down

patrick4588
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
cool. we hooked them up and they do sound pretty good, but definitely need an amp to go to them. sts gave us power wires that were too short, so gotta wait for them to bring us new power wires for the amps before i can hear the polks at true performance.

drpepper14
10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
haha we've got MORE than enough power wire etc...behind our boards. Trust me, you wish you had it now but when your store director comes complaining that the boards look like trash in 6 months you will wish all the excess stuff you will accumulate would just vanish (which it could because most of that stuff is no longer in inventory and free for the taking lol)

patrick4588
10-31-2007, 11:21 PM
no i dont wish i had excess anything, the actual wires they gave us are not long enough to reach the amps. if you have ever looked at the new store and how the boards are done, it sucks. there is no room at all. there are no more computers or space behind the setup. once the speakers are put in, you cant get at the boards anymore. it blows

drpepper14
11-01-2007, 05:26 PM
haha i never looked behind the boards. We did however move to the new switching system for the boards that you have...but ours were built with enough room for the old system

myyellowspec
02-16-2008, 12:52 AM
sorry but the eclipse stuff @ circuit city is definately NOT the best sounding speaker they carry or have on display. I am the head installer in my roadshop and have been there for a few years, so if you haven't installed a set of eclipse 6.5's in a vehicle and then compared them to polk audio 6.5's then you don't know what you are talking about.

The speakers that CC carries from eclipse are the bottom of the line eclipse and severely lack any sort of midbass and sound like absolute trash in a car if not amped and/or backed up by some sort of setup providing bass/midbass

this is obviously just my opinion, but I know a ton of other people agree when it comes to CC's eclipse line and the Polk DB's we carry.

Well fu.king said dude

0\s accord
02-25-2008, 08:19 AM
eclipse subs are worth the price diff the high end subs almost as good as my power acoustik mofos

Turbo04
02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Quite honestly the eclipse stuff carried by CC sucks. Bad. Granted it's been a while since I installed there but I was around at the begining when eclipse was first picked up and there were high hopes. But no payoff. As stated before polk>eclipse for the CC line. As an installer the WORST thing you can do is base an opinion on something you heard on "the wall". When people asked me how good something was if I had not installed or heard in the car I told them I was unable to give a legit review cause I had never heard them in a car. Bad for business I know, but i'm damned if I was gonna say it sounded good cause it was decent on the wall.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
eclipse subs are worth the price diff the high end subs almost as good as my power acoustik mofos

Eclipse is far superior to PA in every line when you compare apples to apples. The PA mofo would be compared to the Eclipse titanium line and there really isnt a comparison.

patrick4588
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Quite honestly the eclipse stuff carried by CC sucks. Bad. Granted it's been a while since I installed there but I was around at the begining when eclipse was first picked up and there were high hopes. But no payoff. As stated before polk>eclipse for the CC line. As an installer the WORST thing you can do is base an opinion on something you heard on "the wall". When people asked me how good something was if I had not installed or heard in the car I told them I was unable to give a legit review cause I had never heard them in a car. Bad for business I know, but i'm damned if I was gonna say it sounded good cause it was decent on the wall.

well said. ive been installing for a few months now and see what you guys mean!

drpepper14
02-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Eclipse is far superior to PA in every line when you compare apples to apples. The PA mofo would be compared to the Eclipse titanium line and there really isnt a comparison.

I'll agree with your for the most part, but I haven't heard a single eclipse component setup sound better than polk's SR6500's....one of the best component setups to be had for the money

turborodarry
02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
working for an audio video store ftw