PDA

View Full Version : What made you get your ef (motivation)

JDMJAYDC2
10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
well to be honest i really wanted a eg hatch but the funds wouldnt allow it but i got this pic from baby j about a month before i bought my hatch he was telling me how great a ef was so i thought about it. Drove to a dealership that i saw in mableton ga near mainstream and there i had my choice of a automatic black CRx or a blue ef hatch looked at the crx and saw that it needed to much work it was smoking like the headgasket was blown so i test drove the hatch. Eh found out about the wipers lol see previous rant thread. but i liked it more than i thought i would so went in and bought it. Drove to the gas station about 2 mins from the dealership filled it up with gas turned on the car.:thinking: Starter went out. lol called the dealership and he towed it back and replaced it for me. but here is the pic that started it all although my plans for my car look nothing like it but i just liked the look of it slammed so so began project hatch enjoy pics

bigdare23
10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
True story (and you can call my mother and ask)

It was 1989, I was 4 years old when I saw my very 1st CRX (it was a red one). I was amazed by the car and told my mom "Hey momma that's my car!" LOL. A few years later, I moved to Germany and my 1st grade teacher had a white CRX. She became my favorite teacher instantly. Down the road, when I started driving, I wanted my 1st car to be a CRX, but my mother forced me to by a Hyundai Scoope. Two months later, I saw an ad for a damn near mint 91 CRX Si (black), and I begged my parents to look at and put up the money until I sold my current car. I called the dealer to see if it was still there and he said yes. So my parent and I rushed down there to find out the salesman lied to get us down there. The car was sold a few days ago. I damn near flipped on the guy and my parents had to calm me down. My dad told me "Son, stop crying! You will get a CRX." Ironically, when driving home, we went passed the lemon lot on Fort Benning (where soldiers sell their cars) and there was a perfect Black 91 CRX Si for sell. It had fewer miles then the one in the ad and was in better condition and cheaper ($3400). Seriously, my day went from hell to heaven in a matter of minutes!

{Now for the funny part}
The guy who was selling it, didn't pick up the phone when I called, so I called buddy every 15mins for 3 hrs LOL. My parents left me and went home and every time some came to look at the car I would tell them that it was sold already. Finally, after waiting for three hours, buddy called me back and I told him to meet me at the car. After going for a test ride (I couldn’t drive a stick then LOL), I call my parents and made the transaction. Bad part was I 9/11 happened a few days afterwards and Fort Benning was put on locked down, so it was a month before I could drive it, but it was well worth the wait. Too bad this car had a short life, I wreaked it the next following year street racing and damn near killed myself (flipped it going over 100mph). I learned my lesson the hard way, but it gave me a real reality check and I changed for the good.

Since then I have owned two other CRXs (and show car and my current one). My second one life was cut short when I took it to a shop in Peachtree city and end up being a chop shop (but that’s a thread in itself), and my 3rd CRX is my current one. This one meant the most to me out of the three, because one it was a gift from my father, two looked just like the 1st CRX I ever saw, and 3 invested alot of money and love into it. I tell everybody that if this CRX ever gets ruined, I will buy it back and just have it sit in my backyard until the end and that's how much it means to me. You think I'm crazy, but I know I'm crazy LOL. So from before grade school to now, CRXs have been a part of me and will always be my favorite car of all time.

uproot
10-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Well my story dont touch Dare's but oh well... lol...

My aunt purchased the red 91 dx im selling now, back in 91, brand new. I always liked it, and my mom bought it from her when i got my license, so i pretty much learned how to drive with an EF and it carried me all the way through high school.

Also, back when there was a club called Perfected Images, I had a buddy named Robbie that was in that club lol, anyway, his EF was badass back in the day...

Then when my eg was stolen, my mother in law found the one i currently own and it all just kinda worked out i guess...

oh and of course, EFs are HARD as hell

Papa_Smurf
10-26-2007, 11:06 PM
damn darryl, i never knew you lived in Germany. thats cool as sh1t bro...

uproot
10-26-2007, 11:08 PM
man the things you learn about darryl when you ask him about damn CRX's..... lol

Papa_Smurf
10-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Dad got a Red Si, swapped a dohc Zc in it (same one i have in it now) and i basically fell in love with the car, and i had to have one for myself.

(I'll be posting pics of what happened to his old si :ninja:)

dad bought the blue one i have now from a dude @ work, and the rest is history!

Cato ED-6
10-26-2007, 11:11 PM
oh and of course, EFs are HARD as hell

Its been a while since I've heard that...:yes:

Papa_Smurf
10-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Motivation = http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144788

That car made me love EF's. I think I want to paint mine red one day in memory of it :D

Cato ED-6
10-27-2007, 12:00 AM
My story is this:
I was looking for a car that I could build and be able to call my own. I originally wanted an EK Hatch. But as luck would have it, I found my EF for sale at this low-end sales yard.

Basicly it was just a rolling chassis. Nothing special or anything. Needed alot of restoration, not to mention an engine.

Love at first sight, I love a good challenge.

I've worked on it for a while to get it back to stock condition.
Now thats it is, I'm in the stage of upgrading it.

I've put alot of sweat and blood into my car.
Every time it breaks down, I die a little inside.
But every time I bring it back, I just love it even more.
I'll have this hatch for a LONG ASS time.:D

Thats the short version, I rather not tell the long version.

JDMJAYDC2
10-27-2007, 10:09 AM
yeah me and dare have more in common than we talked about that long night we bonded at the V germany FTW! army brat FTW!

Papa_Smurf
10-27-2007, 10:19 AM
when did you go to the V?

JDMJAYDC2
10-28-2007, 03:03 PM
:tongue1: when you werent there duh j/k

a while back just a random meetup but thinkskater showed up and some ppl were taping some famous skateboard guy do tricks up there

jfrolang
10-28-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't have a cool story. My cousin was selling, and I liked her CRX enough to buy it.

bigdare23
10-28-2007, 11:59 PM
:tongue1: when you werent there duh j/k

a while back just a random meetup but thinkskater showed up and some ppl were taping some famous skateboard guy do tricks up there

LOL, we was meeting up for that LS stuff I was giving you.

Make a long story short...

We both were expecting each other to be LAME as fukk, but we ended up being cool as hell and kicked it for a few hours.

JDMJAYDC2
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
^lol the ef meet is gonna be fun as hell i can see already!

ash7
10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
mine had a built b20vtec which is my engine of choice

i was going to tear the car down, get another DB1 and have a part swapping party.

...then i drove it

/end of story
-jonathan

Papa_Smurf
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
lolol

LIKEG6
10-30-2007, 01:13 PM
i had an 88 dx as my first car after looking for one forever and found a mint one for 1500 then it got wrecked, so I eventually put it back together and started driving it again
Then I got 2 tickets in one night cause my speedo stopped working and I was on 280 in Al., which is a long boring highway, so i sold it that night to someone cause I got pissed
Then I bought an eg fo do and built a mini me then sold that and got the EF I have now which had a b16 turbo but i have it back to N/A now

My dream was an EF with a b16 so i guess I accomplished that

Power to weight owns

JDMJAYDC2
10-30-2007, 05:00 PM
^^ we have the same cars we need to meet up once mine is done to do a group photo with our ef's and dc's dont know how i would accomplish that but it sounds like a good idea