PDA

View Full Version : Code P1381 on my 96 Prelude Si

OaTmeaL
10-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I need to know if there is anything that I can do to temp. fix my "cyclinder position sensor intermittent interruption" on my 96 prelude? It misfires and I wanted to know if there is anything that can be done to have a simple fix or something for right now.

green91
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Its most likely your distributor

OaTmeaL
10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
IS there anything that I can do to temp fix it?

Nang
10-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Disconnect the distributor 10P connector, and measure the resistance between the terminals for the CYP (4 and 8, yellow and black wires). Also, check for continuity to ground from each terminal to vehicle, making sure no shorts. Either you have a short, or its the dizzy housing, or worst case, your ECM.

OaTmeaL
10-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks man.. I will post up when I get home what it is..

reps

acuraracer
10-29-2007, 08:36 AM
take it to the dealership and get a PROFESSIONAL to fix it, instead of rigging up some ghetto **** yourself.

OaTmeaL
10-29-2007, 08:44 AM
I understand that but if you think about it.. I can not get the distributor right now so what makes you think I an pay Honda get it.

EmminoDaGreat
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
you could jump the crank fluctuation and cyp for a short time and it will act like the cyp is reading...

OaTmeaL
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
you could jump the crank fluctuation and cyp for a short time and it will act like the cyp is reading...

Are you talking about run the CYP to the CKF to trick it IF it does have he same resistance?
So do you know if the CKF would give the same resistance as the CYP?

EmminoDaGreat
10-29-2007, 10:53 AM
yes n yes
but its more like signal instead of resistance.

OaTmeaL
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Like this.. http://technet.ff-squad.com/ckftrick.htm

acuraracer
10-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I understand that but if you think about it.. I can not get the distributor right now so what makes you think I an pay Honda get it.

don't drive a car you can't afford to fix properly.

OaTmeaL
10-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Get ****ing bent! I just started Earthlink and getting it fixed later when I get my first check!

Who the hell are you? A newbi that is on a board that thinks his Acura is fast because you added some BPU mods..

I checked some of your posts and this is what I found.. You trying to bash other people like a ricer!

I RACE ACURAS AND I THINK THE ONLY CAR SHE SHOULD GET IS A ACURA. 'CAUSE THEY'RE COOL

What a joke!

i'll smoke anybodys ass with any ride u got. say when , say where .

People like you make Hondas and Acuras looked down upon with your attitude that you can beat anyone like a retard

From what I see I think you hit the "a" key instead of the "i" key in your racer name..

don't drive a car you can't afford to fix properly.

Is that why you drive your car? Can you not afford a Prelude?

I RACE ACURAS

acuraracer
10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
more like i wouldn't own a prelude. i don't hate myself like that.

.blank cd
10-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Hes just mad cause his acura vigor got stomped by a prelude S. AcuraRicer, when you get a real car with a real motor (H/F series) then come and post, but until then, you lose

EmminoDaGreat
10-31-2007, 12:06 AM
ill run ur acura :)

acuraracer
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
first of all with an auto accord i could outrun you in reverse. second of all an h/f series motor is better served as a boat anchor. third you dont know what i drive so blow me.

.blank cd
10-31-2007, 11:44 AM
first of all with an auto accord i could outrun you in reverse. second of all an h/f series motor is better served as a boat anchor. third you dont know what i drive so blow me.

Thats why all these civics are swapping them into their cars. Second. How do you know if my car is auto or not? Third, I'll run your acura too, and i'll even put my title on it. name your venue, acuraricer

acuraracer
10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
civics will swap anything. just because one guy did an LS1 swap doesn't mean it's a great idea. same goes for H/F series swaps.

You stated your car is a slushbox in another thread. Unless you are a liar.

Third, I don't need a accord, so no thanks

Tech5
10-31-2007, 12:26 PM
send me an e mail ill send you a steps to follow to help you ou thanks

.blank cd
10-31-2007, 01:12 PM
civics will swap anything. just because one guy did an LS1 swap doesn't mean it's a great idea. same goes for H/F series swaps.

You stated your car is a slushbox in another thread. Unless you are a liar.

Third, I don't need a accord, so no thanks

lol. cool. i dont need a 1991 acura vigor either

KPowerEP3
10-31-2007, 03:05 PM
ill run ur acura :)

x2

acuraracer
10-31-2007, 04:41 PM
lol. cool. i dont need a 1991 acura vigor either

what the hell do you keep yapping about a vigor for? you have no idea what i drive.

besides the fact a vigor would be a lot nicer than your accord though.

Jason..
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
camshaft position sensor malfunction sensor 1

.blank cd
10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
what the hell do you keep yapping about a vigor for? you have no idea what i drive.

i dont even recognize you anymore noob. When you go find some torque for that piece of tin, then you can talk.

When it comes to honda h/f motors,
this is a...
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/P10377460.jpg game

Keep your...
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/screwdriver-1.jpg
at home :yes:

an0therh22
10-31-2007, 10:10 PM

:no:

OaTmeaL
11-01-2007, 06:26 AM
i dont even recognize you anymore noob. When you go find some torque for that piece of tin, then you can talk.

When it comes to honda h/f motors,
this is a...
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/P10377460.jpg game

Keep your...
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/screwdriver-1.jpg
at home :yes:

YES!

Z0_o6
11-01-2007, 11:12 AM
i'm pretty sure that 99% of acura V6's put out a hell of a lot more torque than your accord. just a thought.

yellow ek
11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
i'm pretty sure that 99% of acura V6's put out a hell of a lot more torque than your accord. just a thought.

I'm pretty sure that 100% of Acura Vigors were inline 5s.

OaTmeaL
11-01-2007, 11:38 AM
WAH WAH WAH! Rub my Va J J because it hurts! Will you rub it and make it better?

Shut the hell up people.. Does it really ****ing matter what someone else says on here? Get the **** over it

RandomGuy
11-01-2007, 12:02 PM

so What do you drive?

.blank cd
11-01-2007, 01:55 PM
so What do you drive?

chances are he drives a riced out integra, cause only ricers talk like he does. and unless he is driving a heavily modded GSR, or Type R (which i HIGHLY doubt) Then theres no chance. Neither of those STOCK makes enough usable torque till 5-6000rpm, by that time, i've redlined and in second.

And maybe Acuras V6s make more torque than a STOCK 97 accord, but their all paired up with heavy ass boat-anchor chassis pre-1999

Z0_o6
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that 100% of Acura Vigors were inline 5s.

congrats, you know about the 2.5. What you fail to realize is that I didn't mention the vigor. :rolleyes:

and for anybody knocking the v'6s, they just don't realize the potential of them.

yellow ek
11-02-2007, 04:16 PM
No. Congrats to you, out of all the fussing back and forth no one mentioned anything about an Acura V6. No one knoced them and no one brought up their potential or lack there of. You did however chime in like the discussion was about the potential between a V6 and the F/H motors.

Z0_o6
11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
someone did however bring up torque, like their almighty F series makes just so much of it, yapping about it as if an acura couldn't POSSIBLY have more of it. This is simply not true. the F series motors only went in some of our most base model cars like the 2.2/2.3 CL. True the B-series has less torque from the get go but the motor is so much more friendly to modification it makes up for it.

The reason I brought up V6's is because they have more torque from the factory than most modified H/F series engines, period. If I really wanted to go off base I would bring up domestic V8's when it comes to the torque game, but seeing as how this is IMPORTatlanta it seemed pointless.

Next time you feel like being a smartass, have a little more knowledge to bring to the table. People like you, that is the ones that know one or two little fun facts but nothing else, make this **** so annoying that it isn't even worth it to try to correct you and lead you in the direction of a little knowledge.

As for OaTmeal- the reason he said to take it to a pro, is simple. you save time and money fixing a problem like this the correct way instead of throwing bandaids and parts at the car, each time hoping it fixes it. i doubt it was meant to be that offensive, I thought it was pretty funny, no need to get butthurt over an opinion that is, among other things, smarter than it sounds at first. It is a universal truth, if you can't afford to fix it right, don't fix it at all.

yellow ek
11-02-2007, 09:00 PM
someone did however bring up torque, like their almighty F series makes just so much of it, yapping about it as if an acura couldn't POSSIBLY have more of it. This is simply not true. the F series motors only went in some of our most base model cars like the 2.2/2.3 CL. True the B-series has less torque from the get go but the motor is so much more friendly to modification it makes up for it.

Next time you feel like being a smartass, have a little more knowledge to bring to the table. People like you, that is the ones that know one or two little fun facts but nothing else, make this **** so annoying that it isn't even worth it to try to correct you and lead you in the direction of a little knowledge.

First off I like how you say the F series only went in some of OUR base models like the CL. That implies you see your Acura as somehow different than a Honda. I hate to break it to you but it is not.

Yes I was being a smartass, to a comment that to me seemed ignorant. Just b/c you are on an import based site, probably drive a Honda, worked on some Hondas, don't assume people like me only know a few little fun facts when in reality I've probably been working on cars since before you even cared about them.

I doubt when you were seven( when I started messing with Hondas) you even gave a crap about Hondas. I have owned hundreds of Hondas through my dealership, moded every personal Honda of mine, and been an import performance mechanic to the public for about eight years. I am not trying to be some high and mighty Honda guru but people like you get me riled(sp) up from time to time.

Z0_o6
11-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I say "our" as a habit because I'm a tech at an Acura dealership. Acura is plenty different from Honda, maybe just not in ways you know about. The comment seemed ignorant because you didn't read it subjectively, you assumed I didn't know anything.

And as for your background, give me a ****ing break. When I was seven I wore Honda caps to school. My dad was a Honda tech, and I am an Acura tech. So don't bother acting like you know anything about me.

Oh, and BTW, no i don't have a honda to drive any more, I traded my RSX for a Z71 Silverado. The only Honda I'm working on is restoring my dad's '78 Civic 1200.

IndianStig
11-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Acuraracer, what do you drive? Whats done to it?

If its anything short of boosted, built n/a, or ITB'd, I call you the **** out in my SLOW AS **** PRELUDE.

About the only Acura's i've lost to are my friends with I/H/E in his 06 RSX-S and a nicely modded ITR.

Not saying im fast, but you are a f u cking dic k