PDA

View Full Version : My Dreams Motorsports show recap...

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Thought I'd post this in here since this is where I post all my funny stuff. I can't believe I went there. I did hang with lojack, crowl, and nittanys, though, so that was cool. Holy cow this show was....was.....uuuhhhhhh.... But anyway, there were a couple of fucked up parts of this show. First off, there were only about 30-35 cars there..tops. Of those cars, a good 20+ were Dreams cars. I cannot believe they let their own cars into their show. WTF?!? But it was cool because none of their cars could wim BOS. WTF X 2?!?! The stereo comp was just as wild. They had two cars face to face. Here is how the "beat off" went down:
1. 2 cars line up face to face
2. they play the same song at the same time
3. the crowd around the cars points to the car that has the better bass/sound

WTF X 3?!?!? This show was not a good show at all. At all. Later, QD.

This 3rd Gen, juiced Accord was obviously a force to be reckoned with, with all the trophies he has claimed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/trophies.jpg

Only thing is, out of the 28 trophies crowl and I counted, 17 of them were from the same car show.????
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/trophy.jpg

This is the judging at the stereo comp.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/stereocomp.jpg

** DISCLAIMER--THIS IS NOT A SLAM TO DREAMS. OBVIOUSLY YOUR SHOP IS DOING IT'S THING OR IT WOULDN'T BE AROUND AS LONG AS IT HAS BEEN**

4dmin
07-24-2005, 04:30 PM
damit wish i could have made it chris/marlon are cool guys...

JITB
07-24-2005, 05:00 PM
the sound competition sounds like a good idea...sort of. more of a crowd interaction thing.

YokotaS13
07-24-2005, 05:03 PM
but its bullshit, someone can turn the gain of their amp up and beat the piss outta their speakers and sound like ass as long as their car makes more noise/rattles more than the other.

My guy from unreal creations with 12 12s in his civic HB, completely shaved and welded with 4 boxes of dynamat lost to a s-10 with 2 15s because of that. no meters are for bitches.

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Lolol @ that. No way was that a good idea. If I am standing by Car A, then it will obviously sound louder than Car B. Same if I was standing by Car B. Not a fair way to judge at all. Later, QD.

YokotaS13
07-24-2005, 05:06 PM
well the show that mike (my guy ) Went to, the judges were like 50 yards away. And on a completely dynamated car that is BUilt for nothign but SPL shows, you cant hear it outside of the car. Its just ignorant. A REAL car woudlnt win.

JITB
07-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Lolol @ that. No way was that a good idea. If I am standing by Car A, then it will obviously sound louder than Car B. Same if I was standing by Car B. Not a fair way to judge at all. Later, QD.

i guess your right. didnt think about that.

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Yea. Lolol. Later, QD.

Nittanys1
07-24-2005, 06:13 PM
just got home....it was an interesting show...while i was hanging out at the tent i noticed a big crowd behind some cars and alot of money up in the air....I went over to see what was going on and there was a guy there hustling...he had three bottle caps and a fruit pebble under it and he wanted to see who could find it...u had to put $100 in to win and when you won u got back $40 or $60....on guy won once and then decided to put down $300 on the next one and when he went to count his money the guy turned the paper (with the bottle caps on it) around in his hand and the guy guessed wrong....

as far as winning Miguel and I took home 1st place and Scott Parker (LowJack) won best of show!

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 06:15 PM
WOW! Congrats, phallus...I mean fellas. IA had four show, and four wins. Plus I won just for going down there.Later, QD.

Brett
07-24-2005, 06:24 PM
as far as winning Miguel and I took home 1st place and Scott Parker (LowJack) won best of show!

Did everyone get a trophey, Since it was so small?

Nittanys1
07-24-2005, 06:27 PM
no

is there any way to take the 30 second post limit away from my name?

Brett
07-24-2005, 06:32 PM
^^ No there isnt

Nittanys1
07-24-2005, 06:35 PM
:jerkit: :gay: :rant: :mad:

Brett
07-24-2005, 06:36 PM
You dont need to post more then once every 30 seconds, You do it then it slows the board down and people can spam the forum.

Nittanys1
07-24-2005, 06:37 PM
uh huh...........

Allstar3.8T
07-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Awwww c'mon now,
Audio isnt all about volume, a real SPL vehicle is about Pressure. Pressure IS NOT = to volume or how loud it is. Also, a SQ car stood no chance, and thats the HARDEST part of sound to capture with accuracy.
I dont wanna disrespect anyone, but you cant show your own cars at your own show..... thats day one kind of knowledge. Even if they cant get BOS, they can take 1st place away from a POTENTIAL customer...you know, the one who thinks its shady that he got 2nd to your car, and maybe he shouldnt have.
Just my $.02 (that I bet 99% of IA would back me on)

Julio
07-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Awwww c'mon now,
Audio isnt all about volume, a real SPL vehicle is about Pressure. Pressure IS NOT = to volume or how loud it is. Also, a SQ car stood no chance, and thats the HARDEST part of sound to capture with accuracy.
I dont wanna disrespect anyone, but you cant show your own cars at your own show..... thats day one kind of knowledge. Even if they cant get BOS, they can take 1st place away from a POTENTIAL customer...you know, the one who thinks its shady that he got 2nd to your car, and maybe he shouldnt have.
Just my $.02 (that I bet 99% of IA would back me on)

you are correct sir

Brett
07-24-2005, 06:56 PM
^^ I agree with ya Greg

Nittanys1
07-24-2005, 06:59 PM
from what i saw i dont think that any of dream took 1st place...but i may be wrong i dont know their cars and names...