PDA

View Full Version : pit bull bane in ga

topsecret2JZ
07-24-2005, 04:17 PM
yall think its gonna pass? i think its some bullshit i have 4 pits and they are the nicest dogs ever......

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, seeing as how the smoking ban passed, nothing would suprise me now.

topsecret2JZ
07-24-2005, 04:26 PM
yeah ill shoot some mother fuckers who try and take my dogs... if they pass it i will probably move to a different state

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2005, 04:32 PM
i hope not, i think it's ridiculous cause next it's gonna be dobermans, then rot's etc.. that's stupid people need to abide by the leash laws... no animal deserves to be deported from it's owner or any state

The Ren
07-24-2005, 04:33 PM
They will try it.. it wont work.. myself and too many other people own em... I dare someone to tell me I cant have my pit.. I will sure the state...

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 04:36 PM
yall think its gonna pass? i think its some bullshit i have 4 pits and they are the nicest dogs ever......

I agree with the bullshit part. Stupid law. As far as the nicest dogs ever....you never..never know what Mother Nature has planned, dude. That's not just Pits. That's all animals actually. Later, QD.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2005, 04:38 PM
^agreed... Hey QD, did you get my PM?

KGsITR
07-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Well, seeing as how the smoking ban passed, nothing would suprise me now.

I am very glad that they passed the smoking ban. there are tons of people who agree with me too.

as for the pit bull ban, i didnt know about it, but have mixed feelings about it.
u should be able to have whatever kind of dog that you want. where i am living now, u have to have a permit to have a pit.

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 04:44 PM
I am very glad that they passed the smoking ban. there are tons of people who agree with me too.

I am very much one of those people.

Cav...I think so. Is it the one about an event? Later, QD.

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 04:46 PM

as for the pit bull ban, i didnt know about it, but have mixed feelings about it.
u should be able to have whatever kind of dog that you want. where i am living now, u have to have a permit to have a pit.

not gonna hijack the thread, but there are tons of people against it too. It's alot easier to have "sections" as they had it. Smokers dont affect people in non smoking sections, aside from Waffle House... and if it does, they are just too damn sensitive.

Tiff-O-Bitties
07-24-2005, 04:47 PM
I am very much one of those people.

Cav...I think so. Is it the one about an event? Later, QD.

yes, please keep in on the low low!

BufordŽ
07-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Keep what on the low low?

BufordŽ
07-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Just kidding.

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Keep what on the low low?

that the new hair cut is really a wig and she actually shaved all her hair off = P

BufordŽ
07-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Why would they want to ban Pit Bulls?

BufordŽ
07-24-2005, 04:52 PM
that the new hair cut is really a wig and she actually shaved all her hair off = P

:lmfao:

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Why would they want to ban Pit Bulls?

Because they are considered the most "dangerous" and unpredictable breed I'd assume. They already did it in Denver... dunno if it's the entire state or just the city.

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 04:55 PM
It's alot easier to have "sections" as they had it. Smokers dont affect people in non smoking sections, aside from Waffle House... and if it does, they are just too damn sensitive.

The only section should be outside. Some people are sensitive to that crap. I hate sitting in a restaurant and having to smell that shit while trying to eat. Later, QD.

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 04:57 PM
The only section should be outside. Some people are sensitive to that crap. I hate sitting in a restaurant and having to smell that shit while trying to eat. Later, QD.

It's just a habit... like drinking, doesn't make us second class citizens heh. And I'm speaking from both sides, as a smoker and a non smoker. Sorry, stopping now, not trying to hijack the thread lol.

KGsITR
07-24-2005, 04:57 PM
not gonna hijack the thread, but there are tons of people against it too. It's alot easier to have "sections" as they had it. Smokers dont affect people in non smoking sections, aside from Waffle House... and if it does, they are just too damn sensitive.

i cant believe people actually think that. lemme guess, you are a smoker. point taken?

BufordŽ
07-24-2005, 04:59 PM
That's stupid. They shouldn't ban them, more like get a permit or something. Especially for the people that have them already. A buddy of mine in Dahlonega, his neighbors have the sweetest pitbull named Sugar, she's always at my friend's house just chillin'. I've never even heard her bark. Even when we had a party as his house, and she was there. So I don't see too much of a danger.

Oh well.

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 05:00 PM
I never thought of a smoker as a second class person. If you smoke, I don't think any less of you, dude. It's just very unhealthy and the people that wanna stay healthy don't want to have to sit through that and eat.

I love this cartoon. It shows the sameness with a "smoking section" of a restaurant:

http://www.gasp.org.uk/shopimages/p69big.jpg

Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2005, 05:02 PM
So I don't see too much of a danger.

That's part of the problem, dude. You get used to the dog being nice. You let down your guard and that's when the possibility of shit hitting the fans comes about worse. The danger is always there. No matter how tame that dog is, you will never know if/when it will snap. I wouldn't agree with the ban, either. SO don't think I am arguing to push for this, lolol. Later, QD.

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 05:03 PM
I never thought of a smoker as a second class person. If you smoke, I don't think any less of you, dude. It's just very unhealthy and the people that wanna stay healthy don't want to have to sit through that and eat.

I love this cartoon. It shows the sameness with a "smoking section" of a restaurant:

http://www.gasp.org.uk/shopimages/p69big.jpg

Later, QD.

Ya, I know. It's just it feels that way, that just for the non-smokers "comfort" we gotta go outside... I like to have a cig after a meal, which means I must leave the table, and now go 20yards away from the restraunt to smoke. I just think that smoking sections weren't so bad... I mean shit, when I was a kid you could smoke anywhere, in grocery stores, movie theatres, now pretty much the only place you can smoke is your own car and your house.

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Anyways, back on to topic... I dont find Pit Bulls as too big of a threat, but lets put it this way, if I see a pit bull walking around with no owner in sight, I'm gonna be alot more afraid of him than I would any other breed just because they are unpredictable at times... I still dont agree with a ban, but people definatly need to keep them under control.

BufordŽ
07-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh. These are the dogs with the 'grey spots' in their brains? Or is that Dobermen?

HyPer50
07-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh. These are the dogs with the 'grey spots' in their brains? Or is that Dobermen?

never heard of that.

Julio
07-24-2005, 05:21 PM

google mofo.

Kristi
07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
they have this ban in Ohio - all pit bulls are put down.

topsecret2JZ
07-25-2005, 11:04 AM
its all about the owner and how you raise the dog... its not just pits, my buddy has a shitzu that wil straight up attack you if u look at it in the eyes.... so why not bane shitzu's... i will pull a gun on anyone who tries to take my dog... fuck that

johnstamos
07-25-2005, 11:28 AM
funny, people are so afraid of pits... its nopt the breed, its the owner that makes them mean..

and even with as many mean pits as there are out there the breed that attacks the most is the lab?

but whatever.. I too own a pit.. and they are illegal in alot of states, it is a very hard law to enforce

HEATON
07-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Here if you go in public (including around where you live if yoru walkin the dog or its in the yard) it must have a muzzle on at all times.

topsecret2JZ
07-25-2005, 11:32 AM
not true about the muzzle.....

NzProjeKt
07-25-2005, 11:40 AM
That's part of the problem, dude. You get used to the dog being nice. You let down your guard and that's when the possibility of shit hitting the fans comes about worse. The danger is always there. No matter how tame that dog is, you will never know if/when it will snap. I wouldn't agree with the ban, either. SO don't think I am arguing to push for this, lolol. Later, QD.
Very true.. I wouldn't support a ban, but i think a permit should be required...
A freind of mine just got attacked by a pit just last weak.. Like it has already been stated, pits are very unpredictable..
They can be freindly and then all of a sudden lose their cool...

As far as smoking is concerned, second hand smoke does kills..
So the public smoking ban is on def. on point...

topsecret2JZ
07-25-2005, 11:46 AM
no they dont.... my parents had a pit bull that lived 14 years and never bite anyone.... its all about how you raise em.... i have 4 pit bulls sittin with me right now they wouldnt hurt a fly

DreamerTheresa
07-25-2005, 04:56 PM
If pit bulls are banned, then those who have destroyed the breed's reputation will move on to a new breed. And then what? Then we ban all dogs?

And the morons in power believe that there won't be any breed misidentification. Which is crap. One girl on the Breedists? NO! community on livejournal has a Scottish terrier, who, due to allergies, has very little fur. Some woman went ape shit at her because she didn't have a muzzle on her "pit bull."

Most people think that a pit bull is any dog with a square head and cropped ears. Please.

I worked at an animal clinic, Petsmart, and a dog kennel. Number of pits that attacked me? Zero. Number of labs: 3 Number of golden retrievers: 2 Number of Cocker Spaniels: 4 Number of chihuahuas: 2 number of Jack Russell terriers: 7

Please. It's not the pit bulls. Blame the goddamn owners for not training and taking care of their dogs properly.

www.pitbullproblem.tk

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2005, 05:13 PM
no they dont.... my parents had a pit bull that lived 14 years and never bite anyone.... its all about how you raise em.... i have 4 pit bulls sittin with me right now they wouldnt hurt a fly

I still stand by what I said. You can never, never tell when a dog may lose it. I don't care if it has never seen outside or never even been said Bad Dog to. They can snap. Not saying they all do. Just saying you can never be 100% sure they won't. Naive to think otherwise. Like I also said, that is with any animal. Later, QD.

Hulud
07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
dogs are still animals and there is no way to rationalize what they do sometimes.

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Exactly. Later, QD.

HEATON
07-25-2005, 05:32 PM
not true about the muzzle.....

Ok i said HERE..lol as in Germany..sorry.

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I caught that, too, Heaton. Lolol. I was thinkin how does he know, he's not over there. Later, QD.