PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Island

DJDafreund
07-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Wow, i really thought this was one of the better movies i've seen in a long time. I have to admit, it was a lot more then i expected by looking at the trailer. The trailer looked sort of neat, but yet confusing as to the plot.
Then i saw it, and was very impressed. So much action!!! Cool futuristic effects, great special effects. Pretty believable overall with no cheese.

It's pretty different, but yet some slight parts from say, Coma,Matrix (in some very small similarities.), & Total Recall. I know everyone has there own opinions, so it's gonna very, but i thought it was a pretty awesome movie. I read that the opening weekend wasn't the hottest, and it's sad. I don't believe they did much advertising. I few friends i talked to said they didn't really hear anything about it. Which is true i guess. I've seen one or 2 commercials on tv. But overall i would give it a 8 out of 10 scale myself. Worth seeing. I didn't want to see it end to be honest with you. Compared to some movies where you were wondering where the end was.

SPL_Jetta
07-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Really good movie, but man, if you have to piss, it really sux, i held it for like an hour. . .man, i was glad it was over, but it was really good

PSINXS
07-24-2005, 09:31 PM
oddly i fell asleep. i didnt care for it that much.

The Yousef
07-25-2005, 07:14 AM
it's a Michael Bay film (the rock, armageddon, bad boys I&II, etc ) nuff said..... :goodjob:

LaurenK
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
I wanna see it! I love Scarlett Johanssen.

JC
07-25-2005, 03:24 PM
it's a Michael Bay film (the rock, armageddon, bad boys I&II, etc ) nuff said..... :goodjob:

Michael Bay is my all time favorite director. Every movie he makes is a huge blockbuster.

Bad Boys 1
The Rock
Armagedon
Pearl Harbor
Bad Boys 2
The Island

and helped produce the new Texas Chainsaw Massacare.

Haven't seem the island yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it.

civic99shaved
07-26-2005, 03:09 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Like most michael bay movies, over the top and long, but thats what i like about him. he's like McG, but with common sense

chuck
07-30-2005, 05:19 PM
i just got back from seeing this...i thought a few parts were a little too far fetched but over i suppose it was entertaining...

also, were those the same delta force guys from bad boys??? i swear at least two of them were.

JC
07-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Michael Bay likes to use a lot of the same actors in a bunch of his movies so it is quiet possible. In every one of his movies there is always at least 2 or 3 actors that have appeared in his previous films.

ŁG2♣
07-31-2005, 01:41 AM
im watchin it tomorow is it good?

pinoyboy
07-31-2005, 02:59 PM
I wasn't lookin to see it, but a group a friends did so I joined them. It was really good, and i the doge Magnums the special forces were using, the 300C police cars, and we can't forget th ME four twelve!

chuck
07-31-2005, 06:32 PM
I wasn't lookin to see it, but a group a friends did so I joined them. It was really good, and i the doge Magnums the special forces were using, the 300C police cars, and we can't forget th ME four twelve!
no ME four 12, it was the CIEN by cadallic...still pretty nice even though the one in the movie was just a remake of the 2002 concept car that they built in 12 days....it only flashes across the screen for a second but they've also got the same lexus concept car from minority report.
http://www.atspeedimages.com/pebble2002/cadillac_cien/cadillac_cien.jpg

4dmin
08-01-2005, 02:43 PM
^ that shit was hot... good ass movie w/ tons of action better than i thought it would be and scarlett was fucking super hott in the movie :D

man
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
I need to see this

ŁG2♣
08-02-2005, 12:45 AM
end up to be pretty good i saw it on yesterday it was cool

SilverJester
08-02-2005, 01:50 AM
saw it last week, really good movie :goodjob:

ProjectWidow
01-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Just saw it right now and must say it was an awesome movie! Great acting and great action scenes! Some parts were confusing to understand but got it towards the end. Great movie if you haven't seen it already!

Kelly_Rene
01-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Yea I realy liked this movie it was great!