PDA

View Full Version : Misc More Falcons news...its just getting pathetic now.

BB6dohcvtec
10-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Updated: October 24, 2007, 8:42 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall went off again on Atlanta Falcons coach Bobby Petrino, saying Wednesday the team appears to be giving up on the season with its release of Grady Jackson.

They need to cut all 53 of us. Nobody is playing the way they should be playing right now, obviously. I mean, we're 1-6. To sit there and single out Grady is just asinine. It's ridiculous.

--D'Angelo Hall

Hall was already fined $100,000 and had to sit out the first half of a game for getting into a sideline confrontation with the rookie coach during Week 3. Even so, the cornerback didn't mince words when asked for his reaction to Jackson being cut the previous day.

"I don't know what kind of message is being sent to let Grady go," Hall said. "I'm trying to go [all] out on every single snap. But a lot of guys feel like everyone from the top down is kind of turning it in."

Jackson, a 6-foot-2, 350-pound run-stopper, topped the league with 13 tackles for losses last season. This year, the 11-year veteran was the leader among Falcons defensive linemen with 21 tackles, including 5½ for losses and one sack.

Petrino denied the Falcons (1-6) were going with youth and preparing for 2008 by releasing the 35-year-old Jackson. Rookie Trey Lewis, a sixth-round pick, takes over as the starter.

"It had nothing to do with anything but football," the coach said. "It was just the way we wanted to go. We felt like for our best opportunity to win games, the next nine games that we played, this was the right move to make and that's really all there is to it."

Hall wasn't buying that logic.

"If that's the case ... they can probably cut me too," Hall said. "They need to cut all 53 of us. Nobody is playing the way they should be playing right now, obviously. I mean, we're 1-6. To sit there and single out Grady is just asinine. It's ridiculous."

Hall wasn't the only one caught off-guard by the move. Running back Warrick Dunn was more diplomatic but just as stunned.

"It's a shock," Dunn said. "We're all asking the question why? Did he do something wrong? I don't know."

Petrino has come under increasing criticism in the locker room as the losses have piled up. A couple weeks ago, Pro Bowl tight end Alge Crumpler, one of the team's most respected leaders, blasted the coach's play-calling and said it appeared the team was focusing on younger players at the expense of veterans.

On Wednesday, Hall said Crumpler was speaking on behalf of all veterans when he pointed out all the younger players that Petrino kept on the roster.

"We've got so many players that ain't made a play around here," Hall said. "It don't make no sense. We gave a lot of people jobs. Now, to sit around here and single Grady out and say he's the reason why [the team is losing] ... that's just ludicrous. If they've got something better and more concrete to go off of, I'd love to hear it. But I'm not buying that one."

Hall took a more subtle shot at Petrino, who left Louisville after last season for a five-year, $24 million contract with the Falcons. The cornerback has one more year left on his contract.

"I didn't just sign a lucrative deal where I can sit around and watch this ship sink," Hall said. "I can't do that. I've got one more year on my deal. I feel as though I can go out and get a ton of money, whether it's here of somewhere else. I've got a lot of stuff to play for."

But he wondered how much effort some of his teammates would give if they felt the Falcons were looking ahead to next season.

"It's kind of hard for the other guys to play 100 percent ... knowing that everyone is not on board from the front office on down," Hall said.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Greddypacked
10-25-2007, 07:21 AM
It's true, you dont get rid of all the probowl veterans for rookies, it's the other way around really. Petrino messed up by trying to change all the good, he should have changed the bad and kept what has been working.

con
10-25-2007, 07:43 AM
think Petrino's job is secure enough to carry on with dropping seasoned vets, pulling new talent and rebuilding???

blown_ss
10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
hall has a good point. that was very dumb to get rid of grady, that guy was amazing and to put some rockie in there. i dont care how good they seem, this is the NFL little kids dont get to play or they will get hurt. a few years ago we were the best rush stopping defense with these guys and now we get rid of them. i think we need to cut the coach.

Kelly
10-25-2007, 10:55 AM
I agree with you ^^^ but I neg repped you for your NWS avatar. I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have went that far but dang...

Kelly
10-25-2007, 10:57 AM
I really do feel awful for neg repping a Falcon fan.

I sowwy, I dunno what came over me :(

81911SC
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I would Pos rep him but he is a Falcon's fan, so I better hold off.

BTW: Its been pathetic.

Kelly
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
I will admit Gene, that when you said "their's a Falcon decal on your car... I think someone put that there as a joke..." I lirl.

Oh well. I'm liking Petrino less and less each game.

81911SC
10-25-2007, 11:09 AM
There is a huge football guy that always comes in my resturant. Last night he bet 20 on the redskins over the pats against me. I LOL'ed much like I did when I saw the sticker. Daddy is going to be a little richer this weekend.

Kelly
10-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Um, I think you just called yourself daddy. Please refrain.

81911SC
10-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Why? You don't.

Kelly
10-25-2007, 11:44 AM
:ninja:

blown_ss
10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I agree with you ^^^ but I neg repped you for your NWS avatar. I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have went that far but dang...

you neg repped me for my avatar? the same avatar that im getting a **** load of pos reps for? whatever man do what you want thats bs if you ask me. i didnt ask if you liked it when i put it on here. i like it thats all that matters. thanks.:2up:

Nemesis
10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
^ im negative repping you for asking 6000 for a 95 Civic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly
10-25-2007, 12:20 PM
you neg repped me for my avatar? the same avatar that im getting a **** load of pos reps for? whatever man do what you want thats bs if you ask me. i didnt ask if you liked it when i put it on here. i like it thats all that matters. thanks.:2up:

ok now i'm glad I did

Nemesis
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
yeah I really negative repped him too, and he PM'ed me whining about it LOL

reps = life blood

blown_ss
10-25-2007, 12:32 PM
i wasnt crying about it. i was just saying that it was bs that you and kelly thought it was cool to neg rep me for no reason. but its cool.:goodjob: whatever makes your day. im done with this topic.:D

BB6dohcvtec
10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
you are getting neg repped from me for one crying about getting neg repped and two talking **** to fellow falcon fans.

OneSlow5pt0
10-25-2007, 12:46 PM
again.... isay D Hall is one of the most overrated players in NFL

the falcons are old,they need to start freeing up $ for rookies and younger players

Kelly
10-25-2007, 01:03 PM
you are getting neg repped from me for one crying about getting neg repped and two talking **** to fellow falcon fans.

and you are getting repped by me...

Go Falcons (one day) :cheers:

BB6dohcvtec
10-25-2007, 01:24 PM
again.... isay D Hall is one of the most overrated players in NFL

the falcons are old,they need to start freeing up $ for rookies and younger players

on any other team he might be a lil overrated but he is on the falcons and he is the best defensive corner we got so no he is not overrated.

BB6dohcvtec
10-25-2007, 01:25 PM
and you are getting repped by me...

Go Falcons (one day) :cheers:

hopefully sooner than later. :yes:

blown_ss
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
oh well im one of the biggest falcon fans that you will be. hell i have season tickets and still go to every game no matter whats going on but thats cool.

Killer
10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
oh well im one of the biggest falcon fans that you will be. hell i have season tickets and still go to every game no matter whats going on but thats cool.

yeah,... but you cry when neg repped....

even after she apologized for doing so...

as far as cutting vets... that's sooooo stupid...

blown_ss
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
saying sorry doesnt take it back. i was repped for a stupid reason by everyone that has neg repped me from this one thread. oh well like i said im done with this thread.

on a good note i hope the falcons can pull this season together and show the NFL that they are still a good team. the coach needs to stop cutting people before he doesnt have a team anymore. the vets are going to stop playing for this coach if he keeps screwing up. they can find another team that will pick them up and petrino will be stuck with a bunch of rockies.

LQQKITZME
10-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Falcons FTL :thinking: They need a better QB thats for sure

81911SC
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I negged you too. Don't come crying to me either. I love the way your tears taste.

Deke
10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
ok now i'm glad I did

Lol

Nomad!
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I wonder if this had anything to do with the Falcons letting Rossum go?

Bballjamal
10-29-2007, 10:26 AM
The NFL is the wrong place to try and start fresh and young. You're talking injuries out the ass. Also, just because players aren't carted off the field or limping off does not mean they aren't injured. Many of those men play through them to show their managers that they're worth the purchase so he won't make that phone call for a potental trade (obviously that depends on how many seasons or times per season he gets injured).

I wish I kept on playing ball into college so I could get in the NFL and get wrecked every week and be able to drive what the **** ever I wanted.....ahhh *dream over