PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DO I NEED FOR AN LS/VTEC SWAP?

#1Beaver
07-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Ok Im buying a ls block and a gsr head tommoro but what else do I need I already have the ls/vtec head gasket and oil line kit but what else, some one said I need a vtec timming belt? Name every thing please and if you no some one that is selling one of the parts I need than tell me! THANKS

ash7
07-24-2005, 12:25 PM
If you're going to be using the LS water pump (not recommended) then use the LS timing belt... the LS pump has 17 teeth opposed to the B16 pump which has 19? (i think that's right but can't remember the exact number) I would use the B16(P30) water pump, timing belt, and oil pump in order to maximize engine life and cut down on exessive wear and tear.

You're also going to need aftermarket headstuds for a B16. Do you have a B-series tranny ready to mount up? Don't forget about the integra axles, the ARP or GE rod studs, as well as the crank bearings. What ecu do you plan on running? Are you going to close off the secondaries in the GSR intake manifold, wire them up to operate properly, or replace it with a Skunk2. What year is your hatchback? You'll probably have to run wires for the Vtec solenoid or buy a professional adapter harness... There is a lot to do, but here's a link to get you started...
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b20vtec/b20vtec.php

Vteckidd
07-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Ok Im buying a ls block and a gsr head tommoro but what else do I need I already have the ls/vtec head gasket and oil line kit but what else, some one said I need a vtec timming belt? Name every thing please and if you no some one that is selling one of the parts I need than tell me! THANKS
Use a VTEC timing belt and water pump

depending on mileage of the LS motor i would reccomend getting a new oil pump

Buy the Golden Eagle LSVTEC oil line conversion kit

Get HEadstuds from ARP for a 1.8l motor, NOT A B16