PDA

View Full Version : question about spray glo

blacknightteg
07-24-2005, 10:50 AM
hey i got a question i've been plannin on takin my car up to there to get it painted and i already have the estiment for my paint job, i have sent dion some pm's about getting me an appointment, but if i just take it up there tomorow morning really will they still be able to do it or do i have to have an appointment set for tomorrow?

Mr2InSaNe
07-24-2005, 11:04 AM
i think you have to have an appointment because i took my car back up there several times to get some touch ups and they tell me to come back on another day which pisses me off because that waste so much of my gas. specially having a turbo. Make sure you tell them what you want to keep if your adding a body kit because they throw everything away. All my screws for the underpanel isgone. and make sure you tell them to unplug the battery if they are going to keep the doors open or your battery will die like they did to mine and would not pay for. I know it wasnt that old but i didnt have my reciept to prove it to them. Just some pointers to watch out for from past experience. :)

blacknightteg
07-24-2005, 01:40 PM
thanks

threehundred
07-28-2005, 06:37 AM
You can just call them directly and set an appointment, but if you haven't gotten any work done with them, or you haven't even talked with them yet, I'd recommend contacting Dion before going up there. Get Dion to PM you his phone number and he'll hook up an appointment for you.

PD code 805D
07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
i will say nothing positive or negative.... they painted my car....... i paid close to 2200 when it was sadi and done. I am replacing my rear tail lights which are imported from europe with my own money....

PD code 805D
07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
ooo yeah when they tell you your cars done, come get it, MAKE SURE ITS DRY.... i walked out with green paint on my hands!

ŁG2♣
08-10-2005, 05:33 AM
^^is that the ugly green thats on your jetta?

fast eddie
08-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Hope your Spray Glo paint job ends up better than mine. The car was not prepped correctly and it showed. The old paint was not removed and the new paint started cracking beacuse of this. They broke a few windshield trim clips and used some type of paste glue. WTF?
I now have the car at another body shop getting painted correctly. I emailed the head franchise guy and he contacted the owners that painted my car and they were not happy. They repainted my car to try to make me happy and it still looked like crap. I tried to work it out with the owners before I was sent out the email but that didnt seem to work. Just my $.02. Don't settle for a cheap ass paint job!!!

Fast Eddie

RiceBoy
08-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Hope your Spray Glo paint job ends up better than mine. The car was not prepped correctly and it showed. The old paint was not removed and the new paint started cracking beacuse of this. They broke a few windshield trim clips and used some type of paste glue. WTF?
I now have the car at another body shop getting painted correctly. I emailed the head franchise guy and he contacted the owners that painted my car and they were not happy. They repainted my car to try to make me happy and it still looked like crap. I tried to work it out with the owners before I was sent out the email but that didnt seem to work. Just my $.02. Don't settle for a cheap ass paint job!!!

Fast Eddie

Couldn't agree with you more...I am unhappy with mine also...Went there everyday prior to painting. Pointed out what wasn't done according to the written order. Yet, they ignored it. Oh well, lost my business because I had 2 more cars lined up for them to paint. This was the one on Buford Hwy.

blacknightteg
08-14-2005, 07:46 PM
my shit turned out fine, damn well better for the 900 bucks that i spent

dfire9
08-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Purple if you are not satisfied with you paint and you have some things that were not done correctly then take it back to get done right. If you did go to one on Buford Hwy then i know you have a warranty.How long has it been since you got it painted?

Fast Eddie which one did your car get done at?

civic99shaved
08-15-2005, 11:03 PM

Fast Eddie

IAs stated above, I agree as well. My civic turned out horrible, I took it back and it just got worse the second time. they shaved my doors and it was caved in, I brought it back, same thing, not even sure if they did anything to it. they paint was horrible, no reflection at all and the clear coat was bubbled. After the third trip there, I just cut my losses and went to a real body shop, Yellow River and I couldn't be happier. Eddie, at Yellow River, has done two of my cars now and he doesn't cost much more then spray-glo, and he stands behind his works 110%. My suggestion, go there, 678-344-7117. Just my $.02.

Black Mamba
08-16-2005, 09:47 AM
I've done a paintjob at sprayglo awhile back. i was pretty satisfied with their work!!! I don't think that sprayglo in buford high way is that bad?.. the only thing that got to me was that.. lotss of paint got onto my exhaust. but you can't even see it, so I didnt care.. well I think sprayglo on bufordhighway does a pretty good job.

clean2draccord
08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
I had my car done at SprayGlo. We had a small mix up but nothing too bad.

I didn't get my entire car painted from there, but the body kit and the left quarter panel. They did a pretty good job on my car. But if you decide on going to SprayGlo, I highly recommend going through Dion first.

fast eddie
08-16-2005, 03:25 PM
dfire9,

I had my car done at the shop in Ft Walton beach when I was stationed down there. I had a few problems with them. I have also had another family member that had there truck painted at another SprayGlo in Ga and it was also a horrible site. If anyone wants a list of problems I had please let me know. The real kicker was when they removed a few parts from my car to see if they would fit on another car. I was pissed and had every right to be when I almost wrecked the car. Like I said if anyone wants a list please let me know. If that is not good enough I will let give you a phone number for my paint guy that currently has the car now and he can tell you what he found.

Fast Eddie

dfire9
08-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh ok fast cause all Sprayglo's are owned by different owners so I cannot speak on that one.