PDA

View Full Version : WTB: d16y8 block

Big J
10-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Looking for a D16Y8 long or short block.

Around this time last year me and my girl friend took custody of her 14 yo cousin. He's 15 now.

I work at a shop and a 1997 civic 2 door came in w/ a blown motor the owner wanted $400 for the car, clean, well matained, power everything, 5 speed. Perfect project car for a 15 y.o.

I told him about the car and had him put his money up to get it, it's been sitting in my driveway for a few months now.

Rather than buy a motor from an importer I figured picking up a block, tearing it down, re-ringing it, new bearings, etc, would be a fun project for us, and a D16 would be enough power for a kid.

If you have a D16Y8 laying around let me know.

EmminoDaGreat
10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
man thats a cool thing, too bad all my blocks have rod knock, unless you feel like polishing and/or turning the crank.

Big J
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
man thats a cool thing, too bad all my blocks have rod knock, unless you feel like polishing and/or turning the crank.

Not a problem to have the crank cut, let me know.

He was failing everything when he came to stay with us, but he's doing the A's and B's thing now. I may have to whip up a low boost turbo rig in a year or two if he can keep from getting a stack of speeding tickets once it's up and running.

4-5 PSI and an RFL, he'll think he's king, lol.

EmminoDaGreat
10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
well if you want a y8 shortblock i got one that rodknocks, but i dunno if it has an oil pan :(

TheChosenOne
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I think I got one at the house man. I been needing to get rid of it. It was hydrolocked, so we took it out my frineds car. I'll let it go for 50 bux if u can pick it up.

Big J
10-24-2007, 04:03 PM
I figure if I can round up 2 or 3 busted ones, I can put together one good one, lol. I've got the one that's in the car, it just got a nice big hole in the block.

Big J
10-26-2007, 06:21 AM
I'll be PM'ing you guys to arrange picking these up.

gtikid
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I have one as well...i'm pretty sure it needs a new headgasket and possibly a new head all together :lmao: it was overheating to hell and back. I'll let it go with the transmission and everything if you want. I have no need for it. Does $100 sound good? Gimme an offer :goodjob:

TheProfiteer
10-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I have a good block, good bearings, and good rods, and pistons, but it needs rings.
That is a very easy fix.
50 bucks firm for the block.