PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Shawna
10-23-2007, 09:19 AM
So my brakes went out yesterday morning on my way to work. I have basic knowledge of brakes but not enough to check them myself. I need one of you lovely gentlemen to please take a look at my brakes ans see if there is a reason behind why they went out.

I have talked to a couple of ppl that have has a similar problem and they all say it the MC.

Sammich
10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
help a redhead, save a life:cheers:

Shawna
10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
lmao I will so buy beer

Sammich
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM
i think anything is offered to help w/ these brakes bump

quickdodgeŽ
10-23-2007, 10:08 AM
To check the brakes successfully in a severely cyanotic 7-year-old Japanese car who had a very rare type of double-outlet right ventricle. The malformation was associated with bilateral conus, 1-transposition of the great arteries, and subpulmonary ventricular septal defect without significant pulmonary stenosis in situs solitus. A large amount of subaortic conal musculature which separated the aortic valve from the subpulmonary ventricular septal defect was removed, as was the anterior rim of the ventricular septal defect. A tunnel, constructed with a woven Teflon prosthesis, was inserted in such a manner as to direct blood from the left ventricle through the defect and out to the aorta. The pulmonary outflow tract was reconstructed with a Teflon patch lined with pericardium. The car's postoperative recovery was uneventful, and it was doing well 3 months postoperatively. To our knowledge, no identical case with a similar type of surgical correction has previously been reported. Congratulations, you have checked your brakes. Now to fix them. Later, QD.

Fr33way
10-23-2007, 10:11 AM
MC or pretty decent fluid leakage/ torn line.

Fr33way
10-23-2007, 10:12 AM
^^^ If it wasn't clear you should check the fluid. (Use QD's write-up)

speedminded
10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Can't believe nobody has asked what the symptoms are :rolleyes:

Is there any metal on metal sounds? Does the pedal feel spongy or does it go straight to the floor? Does the pedal stick at the bottom? etc. etc.

Sammich
10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
its the usual honda symptoms of what the pedal does...it slowly goes to the floor...MC. same thing thats wrong w/ my brakes. shes already bled her brakes before..so...

Sammich
10-23-2007, 10:29 AM
To check the brakes successfully in a severely cyanotic 7-year-old Japanese car who had a very rare type of double-outlet right ventricle. The malformation was associated with bilateral conus, 1-transposition of the great arteries, and subpulmonary ventricular septal defect without significant pulmonary stenosis in situs solitus. A large amount of subaortic conal musculature which separated the aortic valve from the subpulmonary ventricular septal defect was removed, as was the anterior rim of the ventricular septal defect. A tunnel, constructed with a woven Teflon prosthesis, was inserted in such a manner as to direct blood from the left ventricle through the defect and out to the aorta. The pulmonary outflow tract was reconstructed with a Teflon patch lined with pericardium. The car's postoperative recovery was uneventful, and it was doing well 3 months postoperatively. To our knowledge, no identical case with a similar type of surgical correction has previously been reported. Congratulations, you have checked your brakes. Now to fix them. Later, QD.

Thank you

im just a messenger

speedminded
10-23-2007, 10:33 AM
its the usual honda symptoms of what the pedal does...it slowly goes to the floor...MC. same thing thats wrong w/ my brakes. shes already bled her brakes before..so...Just have to pump about 1/2 way down 4-6 for full pressure then right?

Sammich
10-23-2007, 10:56 AM
im not fully understanding what ur saying..but i think ur saying u gota pump the brakes to get pressure on the pedal right?? if so yea. cuz mine does the same

speedminded
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM
im not fully understanding what ur saying..but i think ur saying u gota pump the brakes to get pressure on the pedal right?? if so yea. cuz mine does the sameTo get enough brake pressure to stop you have to pump them a few times or does it not get pressure at all, that's what i was saying.

Sammich
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM
gota pump it up a few times...or for instance while im at a stop light and i have my foot on the brake..itll slowly go down

Shawna
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
thank you sorry PBS is acting as my voice b/c I can only get on here when I am on the 3rd floor...

this is the 2nd time this has happened both times it has been raining (not sure if it had anything to do with it) basically I go to stop and the car begins to slow down and then the brakes just give out and I start sliding. Ive noticed in the past couple of weeks that normal stopping takes a little longer that it used to. I am not one to ride my brakes or slam on my brakes if I am stopping I will gradually come to a stop. Both times I have either slid under the bumper or barley missed the car infront of me thank god...

like I said I know how to change my brakes and all but past that I will admit I am clueless

Sammich
10-23-2007, 01:42 PM
bump

speedminded
10-23-2007, 01:49 PM
thank you sorry PBS is acting as my voice b/c I can only get on here when I am on the 3rd floor...

this is the 2nd time this has happened both times it has been raining (not sure if it had anything to do with it) basically I go to stop and the car begins to slow down and then the brakes just give out and I start sliding. Ive noticed in the past couple of weeks that normal stopping takes a little longer that it used to. I am not one to ride my brakes or slam on my brakes if I am stopping I will gradually come to a stop. Both times I have either slid under the bumper or barley missed the car infront of me thank god...

like I said I know how to change my brakes and all but past that I will admit I am cluelessSo the tires are locking up? You sure it's the brakes and not the tires? Is there an ABS light on?

Fr33way
10-23-2007, 05:29 PM
^^^ Yeah, sliding? More info?

Sammich
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
bump for blacksi to see

Shawna
10-24-2007, 09:24 AM
So the tires are locking up? You sure it's the brakes and not the tires? Is there an ABS light on?

no abs light. The tires aren't locking up at all I still have traction. My tires are brand new as well. I think the only reason why I am sliding is b/c the rd is wet.

Fr33way
10-24-2007, 09:33 AM
That sounds like bad tires on wet road? How is braking feel?

Shawna
10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
My tires have less than 6months of wear on them. my allignment is fine

My brakes feel like I cant stop

speedminded
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
My tires have less than 6months of wear on them. my allignment is fine

My brakes feel like I cant stopbut it's sliding/skidding?

Vteckidd
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
OK First things first. Answer these questions:

1) DOES YOUR BRAKE PEDAL HAVE PRESSURE? WHAT WE MEAN IS, WHEN YOU PRESS IT, DOES IT GO ALL THE WAY TO THE FLOOR?
2) DOES YOUR MASTER CYLINDER HAVE FLUID? IF NOT, REFILL AND RE BLEED
3) MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE A BLOWN SEAL ON YOUR CALIPER, LOOK FOR FLUID ON YOUR TIRED USUALLY THE INSIDE (WHEN ITS NOT RAINING)
4) BRING THE CAR BY HERE FRIDAY AND ILL LOOK AT IT

Shawna
10-24-2007, 12:07 PM
yes it has pressure I press down and the brake and it seemed like they where woking but yea no such luck

I dont get home until after dark and the light in my apt complex dont work so no such luck on the 2nd

when is it not raining???

I work until 530

and this is why i love you

Vteckidd
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Ok so the pedal HAS pressure.

but the brakes ARENT working. Might have an air bubble or something. did this just start all fo the sudden>

Shawna
10-24-2007, 12:15 PM
yes sir...my brakes have been fine until a couple weeks ago

Vteckidd
10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I dont know much about brakes but i can look at it .

I can check the master cylinder, fluid, calipers. see if we can figure it out

§treet_§peed
10-24-2007, 02:58 PM
lol Mike to the rescue

cactusEG
10-24-2007, 06:37 PM
check ur master cylender or wheel cylenders

Shawna
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
mc has fluid btw

§treet_§peed
10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
check and make sure you V-TECK matrix is hooked u properly lol

Shawna
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
umm I filled up my v-attack fluid yesterday thank you

§treet_§peed
10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
eh you need d series v-tack.. did you know technically you could consider oil to be v-teck fluid?

Shawna
10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
yes sir I guess you could technically

i upgraded tho...i have pink vtack fluid

§treet_§peed
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
yes sir I guess you could technically

i upgraded tho...i have pink vtack fluid werd? specail order from pep boys?

Shawna
10-25-2007, 02:00 PM
auto zone

§treet_§peed
10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
damn i need some of that stuff. i wonder if it comes in hot pink?

Shawna
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
ummm thats what color I have....hello kitty cap too

§treet_§peed
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
werd? hook me up then!!!

Annihilation
10-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Wow , i woulda though their woulda been better help from others...

Bad front Calipers/sliders
Symptoms:
1 Tire slides/locks
Excessive pedal pumping
Discolored rotors (bluish)

Rear Brakes
Symptoms
All braking power applied to front wheels only..causes car to slide to a stop
When you apply the Parking brakes, vehicle keeps moving
Parking brakes apply when Parking brake lever is pulled all the way up
Excessive pedal pumping

Were the rear brakes changed and were they ever adjusted prior to driving?

Let me know which of these sounds like the problem ;) I guess the ASE certified classes would be great for others on this site as well

JDM onlyy
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM

Symptoms:
1 Tire slides/locks
Excessive pedal pumping

Rear Brakes
Symptoms
Excessive pedal pumping

Let me know which of these sounds like the problem ;) I guess the ASE certified classes would be great for others on this site as well

Know it all.... :tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1:

Shawna
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I didnt pump my brake pedal at all

Vteckidd
10-26-2007, 11:43 AM

Symptoms:
1 Tire slides/locks
Excessive pedal pumping

Rear Brakes
Symptoms
Excessive pedal pumping

considering the minimal amount of info given, i think it was fine.

She never mentioned pedal pressure, master fluid level, sticking , etc

And the only thing mentioned about locking up was in the rain.

Id rather see the car in person, personally than sit here and post 10000 times guessing at what it could be

Shawna
10-26-2007, 12:45 PM
thanks mike

BUGMAN
10-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I wish you were closer to me!

Brakes are a very simple part of the car but trouble shooting can sometimes be a pain. If your tires are locking up and usually don't then my first guess would be the Proportioning valve gone bad but that is only a guess. Normally if you have air in the lines the pedal is spongy and pumping them up helps. I am not real educated on Honda's per say but almost every brake system operates similar regardless of the make/model. It would be nice for someone to see it in person and do a run down on it to find out exactly what it is and get it fixed before something bad happens.

Good luck and wish we would help.

Chris