PDA

View Full Version : student loans

TheGrillMan
10-22-2007, 12:57 PM
so i was speaking from a rep at the school im going to attending and she told me that im going to have to have a co signer to get a private loan to cover the other half of my tuition.

now my uncle who has been in school for 6 years said that he had horrible credit and never needed a co-signer or had any problems at all

so am i gettingf ****ed?

or am i going to the wrong place ect..?

bigdare23
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
More than likely going to wrong place. Alot of place don't really like dealing with "young" people, so they force you to try to get your parents to cosign for insurance.

personal experience
I'm 22 and I have rented different 4 apartments. My current apartment is the only one I needed to get my parents to co-sign with me (weird isn't). I always paid the few bill I have on time and I met all the requirements of the contract (salary wise), but was force to get a cosigner due to not having "enough" credit.

TheGrillMan
10-22-2007, 01:12 PM
well im not speaking of housing im speaking of school

but thanks anywho

bigdare23
10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I know :rolleyes: , i was giving you an example of ...... nevermind

Why are you trying to get a private loan anyways? Can't get one through your school?

TheGrillMan
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I know :rolleyes: , i was giving you an example of ...... nevermind

Why are you trying to get a private loan anyways? Can't get one through your school?

the maxium loan i can get for a freshemn is like 7k and then a max of 4k in grants so i need another 26k to make things work out

gottraction?
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
go to sallie mae man. i got them with no co signer for about 9gs when i was younger

KPowerEP3
10-23-2007, 06:34 AM
I used Sallie Mae for my student loans, too. Never a problem.