PDA

View Full Version : "street racing" ticket.. advice?

slo240
10-22-2007, 12:05 AM
me and my buddy were here workin at the house on my 240, we leave to go get checkers which is 1/4 mile away. we pull out of my neighbor hood in low gears... we come up to a redlight... he just feels like getting into the lane beside me... a cop is up at enmark, we do get on the gas alittle but no where near full throttle. none of our tires spun, no barks or chirps. he blue lighted us as we were already pulling into checkers. he gives us both $660 tickets. my friend, scott has had one ticket his hole life. his 2nd gear barly does 40mph... it was a 45 zone. he wasnt even in 3rd gear, how was that street racing? it wouldnt be so bad if we really WERE racing... but we really werent. if anyone whose been screwed over before like this and knows what we should do besides go pay the ticket, let me know please. thanks in advanced!!

81911SC
10-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Don't street race.

The Yousef
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
2 words:

you're f0cked.

.blank cd
10-22-2007, 12:13 AM
talk to the local solicitor, alot of the times he will drop it. but watch what you say. He is just like a cop and anything you say can and....etc.etc.

Kyle
10-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Don't street race.
Wow as soon as I saw the title I was thinking of typing this. You ginger rat.

81911SC
10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Wow as soon as I saw the title I was thinking of typing this. You ginger rat.
Sorry, you will always be behind me.

KPowerEP3
10-22-2007, 12:21 AM
(2) "Racing" means the use of one or more vehicles in an attempt to outgain, outdistance, or prevent another vehicle from passing, to arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or vehicles, or to test the physical stamina or endurance of drivers over long-distance driving routes.

(b) No person shall drive any vehicle on a highway in this state in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record, and no person shall in any manner participate in any such race, competition of speed, contest of speed, or test or exhibition of speed.

(c) Any person convicted of violating subsection (b) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

lessons learned

Kyle
10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
That's what she said?

KevinT707
10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Best advice, go ahead and just take a defensive driving class before you go to court and when you get there just tell the solicitor the honest truth. Also dress nice.

81911SC
10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
That's what she said?
Yes, your mother did.

Crazy Asian
10-22-2007, 12:36 AM
er ya....that's why you take one car.

Crazy Asian
10-22-2007, 12:36 AM
but other then taht you are totally f'd unless you know a lawyer.

MachNU
10-22-2007, 12:51 AM
if it was gwinnett county, dont even bother going to a DD class, you HAVE lost your license for 1 year. Gwinnett has a no change policy for tickets for people under 21! trust me thats from the mouth of a gwinnett county solicitor!

Benefit
10-22-2007, 12:55 AM
damn...that sucks...when i had my 240 i was getting pulled over left and right for no tag...i think its just cause you were driving a 240sx, he pulled you over

WickedIXMR
10-22-2007, 02:37 AM
I know of a great lawyer that got my buddy off his streetracing ticket with just speeding 14 over which has no points. Pm me if you want his info

DrunkScotsman
10-22-2007, 02:40 AM
commence gropin your socks , racing is a huge no no in GA , its the cops word against yours

mikespeed95
10-22-2007, 03:27 AM
why are you racing if it wont even chirp the tires in 1st or 2nd gear?

thats gay.

if your going ot race, get a real car. or put a ls1 in yours.

TheProfiteer
10-22-2007, 03:54 AM
you got a chance if you can actually prove, you were not racing, consider you evidence, and plead not guilty, try to find a lawyer friend of the family, who will help you with your case.

do not be intimidated by the solicitor at your arraignment.

Follow these steps.

1: Find Legal Counsel
2: Obtain Defensive evidence, and consider possible prosecuting evidence
3: Plead not guilty and choose the jury trial (DO NOT CHOOSE A BENCH TRAIL)

Things you should consider. Did he take you both to jail? If not, think about why.
Remember, if your cars have loud exhaust that could sway the balance in your favor.
Was the officer able to catch you on his in dash video camera, if not, you have a very strong chance of winning, if he did and you WERE NOT racing you have an even stronger chance.

Do not give in to the system especially if you think your are innocent.

TheProfiteer
10-22-2007, 03:58 AM
to add, I have been acquitted of all charges that were against me in cases where I was innocent, and Once when I actually was not.

Which included, 2 speeding tickets, reckless driving, and driving with out insurance.

cactusEG
10-22-2007, 07:21 AM
me and my buddy were here workin at the house on my 240, we leave to go get checkers which is 1/4 mile away. we pull out of my neighbor hood in low gears... we come up to a redlight... he just feels like getting into the lane beside me... a cop is up at enmark, we do get on the gas alittle but no where near full throttle. none of our tires spun, no barks or chirps. he blue lighted us as we were already pulling into checkers. he gives us both $660 tickets. my friend, scott has had one ticket his hole life. his 2nd gear barly does 40mph... it was a 45 zone. he wasnt even in 3rd gear, how was that street racing? it wouldnt be so bad if we really WERE racing... but we really werent. if anyone whose been screwed over before like this and knows what we should do besides go pay the ticket, let me know please. thanks in advanced!!

get a lawyer! ! when i got cought messing around on the I85 they got me for racing and on the day of court my lawyer got them to drop it to inproper take off and 400fine..

Doppelgänger
10-22-2007, 08:35 AM
*NEWSFLASH*

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT TO BE CONSIDERED RACING ANOTHER CAR.

lol@the cops hatin' on 240's too

Ruiner
10-22-2007, 08:46 AM
*NEWSFLASH*

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT TO BE CONSIDERED RACING ANOTHER CAR.

lol@the cops hatin' on 240's too

Bingo! Why do people always assume this!? :)

Frög
10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
damn your screwed.. get a lawyer!!

Leadfoot_mf
10-22-2007, 09:12 AM

why if you are so close to where you are going. good luck but if i was the solicitor you would be ****ed.

you may not intended to race but your buddy was. enjoy walking and bumming rides :goodjob:

Init2winit
10-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Get a lawyer.

On_Her_Face
10-22-2007, 09:31 AM
do a rematch to see who would really win the race

soul
10-22-2007, 09:37 AM
should of kept going, there were two of yall

DaMaGe ZWK
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
your cars where prolly loud as hell and it sounded like you were racing... I say your ****ed

quickdodge®
10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
he gives us both $660 tickets.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/miketysonsays.jpg

Awesome! Later, QD.

slo240
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
do a rematch to see who would really win the race
he would win... hes got a 4agze with a supercharger and turbo, and little other things. ive got a stock KA with exhuast and CAI.

I know of a great lawyer that got my buddy off his streetracing ticket with just speeding 14 over which has no points. Pm me if you want his info
ive acually got a lawyer thats a friend of the family, hes helped us in a few cases weve had in the past. thanks though!

why are you racing if it wont even chirp the tires in 1st or 2nd gear?

thats gay.

if your going ot race, get a real car. or put a ls1 in yours.
we WERENT RACING! not even at half throttle. i dont see any need in these dumb comments that were left in this thread.

you got a chance if you can actually prove, you were not racing, consider you evidence, and plead not guilty, try to find a lawyer friend of the family, who will help you with your case.

do not be intimidated by the solicitor at your arraignment.

Follow these steps.

1: Find Legal Counsel
2: Obtain Defensive evidence, and consider possible prosecuting evidence
3: Plead not guilty and choose the jury trial (DO NOT CHOOSE A BENCH TRAIL)

Things you should consider. Did he take you both to jail? If not, think about why.
Remember, if your cars have loud exhaust that could sway the balance in your favor.
Was the officer able to catch you on his in dash video camera, if not, you have a very strong chance of winning, if he did and you WERE NOT racing you have an even stronger chance.
:2cents:
Do not give in to the system especially if you think your are innocent.

this is the biggest help so far! we are FAR from guilty on this charge too.

81911SC
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
How can you be this stupid?

On_Her_Face
10-22-2007, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=slo240]he would win... hes got a 4agze with a supercharger and turbo, and little other things. ive got a stock KA with exhuast and CAI.QUOTE]

really a s/c AND a turbo? :umno:

quickdodge®
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
why if you are so close to where you are going. good luck but if i was the solicitor you would be ****ed.

Co-signature. Later, QD.

Maniaç
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
You have got to be pretty damn dumb, why would you even waste gas racing pretty much stock 240's? I mean, atleast race if you have something worth racing. Seeing Civic's, Accords, 240sx's, ects. run is like watching retards racing each other. At first you're like damn, then you just sit there and laugh at how stupid they look.

Good luck with your case, maybe next time you won't be so stupid and think twice before you do something like this again.

slo240
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
You have got to be pretty damn dumb, why would you even waste gas racing pretty much stock 240's? I mean, atleast race if you have something worth racing. Seeing Civic's, Accords, 240sx's, ects. run is like watching retards racing each other. At first you're like damn, then you just sit there and laugh at how stupid they look.

Good luck with your case, maybe next time you won't be so stupid and think twice before you do something like this again.we werent racing though... i guess you missed that part of me saying it twice

slo240
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=slo240]he would win... hes got a 4agze with a supercharger and turbo, and little other things. ive got a stock KA with exhuast and CAI.QUOTE]

yeah... only picture i got on my phone of it tho
not saying whose car its in or anything, but you know

http://by132w.bay132.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=7b84767c-2a58-4759-9a6d-435120bee7cf&Aux=0%7C0%7C8C9E3254C8EFE00%7C

Maniaç
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
we werent racing though... i guess you missed that part of me saying it twiceI know that, I was just saying. And I also said next time you guys will think twice, which means I was giving you a heads up.

quickdodge®
10-22-2007, 01:01 PM
we werent racing though...

Bull****. In a way. You're friend didn't pull along side of you for just a "1/4 mile away" run to Checker's just to let you know that you were leaking reverse light fluid did he? You and everyone on IA right now knows what's up. Later, QD.

UpSideDownDesi
10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
I'll keep it short and simple. Hire a lawyer or go take a defensive driving class and ask for commuinty time.

Turbo04
10-22-2007, 01:52 PM
we werent racing though... i guess you missed that part of me saying it twice

only problem with that is you have a ticket that says otherwise and the "I wasnt' racing" defense isn't going to get you anywhere in court. There is a huge difference in cars accelerating at "not even half throttle" and one's racing. You can tell, I'm willing to bet that you gave it a little gas and so did your buddy and the cop saw that. even if it was a only for a sec. Get a lawyer and help old people...only way outta this...

Julio
10-22-2007, 06:58 PM
why take both cars right around the corner? See who can hit vtec 1st?

quickdodge®
10-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Dammit, Julio. Later, QD.

slo240
10-22-2007, 07:01 PM
hes still breaking in his clutch, i guess thats why.

0p7!mu5
10-22-2007, 08:45 PM
indicents like this make me wanna just park my car and buy an old buick cuz people pull up like crazy on pleasant hill i just let them go first no matter what too much crazy **** goes on here neway to even give a cop an idea of thinking you were racing..

slo240
10-22-2007, 10:43 PM
indicents like this make me wanna just park my car and buy an old buick cuz people pull up like crazy on pleasant hill i just let them go first no matter what too much crazy **** goes on here neway to even give a cop an idea of thinking you were racing..
im acually selling my 240. buying another truck.
it sucks, but probably the best thing for me anyhow

Leadfoot_mf
10-22-2007, 11:27 PM
you can't race each other if you are in the same car duh. :goodjob:

KPowerEP3
10-23-2007, 12:40 AM

Actually, I've seen this before. Not on a crappy Toyota 4AG motor, though. When I went to Germany, We were diddling along in our ****ty little rental at about 100 MPH, and this white Ferrari came FLYING past us.

Anyways, after a little bit we pulled over at one of the little motor Inns, with gas stations, restaurants, etc. and he was there filling it up. I got to talking to him [spoke english] and he popped the hood. Big roots blower and twin turbos.

TheProfiteer
10-23-2007, 12:43 AM
he would win... hes got a 4agze with a supercharger and turbo, and little other things. ive got a stock KA with exhuast and CAI.

lol here you go buddy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hw6_CFKitGg

WickedIXMR
10-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Ok so if you have a lawyer then why are you posting on IA for advice?? Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.

On_Her_Face
10-23-2007, 02:17 AM
lol here you go buddy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hw6_CFKitGg

**** i already know this, i was just messing, there is a kit for the subi's that do the same **** :blah:

apex
10-23-2007, 06:23 AM
doesn't matter how fast or what gear your in, it's racing if your contesting speed, which is subjective to the ticket issuer. your screwed w/o a lawyer

Elbow
10-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Street racing FTL

Hundo®
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM

unless he gets a bicycle and then he can dust your 1891 porsche.

Leadfoot_mf
10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
lets see a s/c turbo running? what is the ****ing point? what a waste of resources.

Z33_kid
10-23-2007, 02:01 PM
thats why u never drive around in groups it looks bad it looks like ur up to something

slo240
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok so if you have a lawyer then why are you posting on IA for advice?? Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.
ive got the lawyer if i couldnt get what i needed, there have been some great points mentioned to me in PM's and on here. thank you all for your time.

RedGTS
10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
pm me I'll give you my lawyers name number, so far with racing tickets hes 100%

Leadfoot_mf
10-23-2007, 06:56 PM
pm me I'll give you my lawyers name number, so far with racing tickets hes 100%
did lamar use him?

puregroove
10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
I have prepaid legal...whenever i'm in a bind... I request representation and they handle my biz. It's like AAA in the legal world. Can't beat the insurance. Maybe if you have some time, you should check it out. I have a court date coming up as well, Nov. 14. I will have representation, then. Most of the time, the mph gets dropped 10, points aren't reported on the license, ticket isn't reported to the ins. company, and all I have to do is pay the fine [previous offense]. :goodjob: :yes:

Jecht
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6294/119318885298yf8.jpg

Barefoot
10-25-2007, 12:04 PM
dont get a lawyer go talk to them before court but yall are still ****ed.