PDA

View Full Version : kill switch?

Mangrum
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
allright i am putting a kill switch in my car and i was wondering what yall think are some good places to put one.. or maybe put it in an existing button such as my hazard light switch ot something etc..?

Vuongy_Dong
10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
that is up to you. you dont want people to know where its at

bigdare23
10-21-2007, 09:19 PM
(I got a secret for you, nobody suppose to know)

mengus200sx
10-21-2007, 09:46 PM
kill switch ....hum u need 2 find where a good place ..i mean a damn good place to hide it....

Whiteboy™
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
hide it in your ass, they will never look there!

redrumracer
10-21-2007, 10:33 PM
i have a great hiding spot but im not tellin :D

TheDarkRacer
10-21-2007, 10:36 PM
lol making it outta a some other switch is a really good idea...... i got mine just right under the dash, but thats so i can start the car... lol yea rotarys with missing apex seals are hard to start....

Barefoot
10-22-2007, 01:22 AM
kill switch point to me if i or anybody else wants your car they will get it. but to answer your question there really isnt a good place for it. the best places are going to be hard to get to by u on a daily and will still be easily bypassed but the theft.

Mangrum
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
ok thanks for the help...

RBS
10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
i say you put it it on your dash, because theives will look in the most obvious places to hide shiz like under your seat and in the glovebox and all other places, but on the dash? shi*t i doubt it lol

blackshine007
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I think you should put the kill switch right on the windshield so that way no one will see it :ninja:

1kreationz40
10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
haha....a good place to hide it....duh.....its up to u dork....!

SL65AMG
10-22-2007, 09:09 PM
hide it in your ass, they will never look there!

cant be so sure of that my friend....

Nittanys1
10-22-2007, 09:09 PM
(I got a secret for you, nobody suppose to know)

:goodjob:

I have seen ppl put it in their sifter area under the shift boot.

chituntang
10-23-2007, 04:22 AM
What is the purpose for the kill switch?
If it is made for racing purpose, you have to put it outside of your car.
If it is for security purpose, you have a great idea. I thought of putting it under the driver seat one time...

speedminded
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
What is the purpose for the kill switch?
If it is made for racing purpose, you have to put it outside of your car.
If it is for security purpose, you have a great idea. I thought of putting it under the driver seat one time...negative, unless you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time :tongue: obviously if he's asking where to "hide" the switch then it's not for racing regulations.

Without giving away too many secrets, one of the best places to hide a switch is turn an existing switch into the kill switch...IE cruise control, etc. You can even make the cruise control a normal toggle switch if you'd like and place it in an obvious spot...someone finds it and flips it on and off over and over and still nothing happens and they will never figure out that it's for the cruise control...while the real cruise control switch is really the kill switch. You could use the mirror adjustment left-right switch, dome light, or whatever you can imagine...be creative OR have a panel of like 6 switches that have to be in a certain sequential order to start the car ;)

an0therh22
10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
i put a toggle switch in my ash tray. since there is no smoking in my car its good to go. shhhh dont tell anyone.

vubuilt
10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
if you want to use your hazard button to start it up, you would have to run a relay of some sort.

speedminded
10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
if you want to use your hazard button to start it up, you would have to run a relay of some sort.Hazard wouldn't be good because it sometimes works with or without the key...if someone were to find the real switch for the hazards they would come on and they would quickly realize where the kill switch is....if that makes sense.

BuBBa DRiFT
10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Hazard wouldn't be good because it sometimes works with or without the key...if someone were to find the real switch for the hazards they would come on and they would quickly realize where the kill switch is....if that makes sense.

^^ this man is always thinking, I like that.

speedminded
10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
^^ this man is always thinking, I like that.You have to if you expect your car to be where you parked it last ;)

In the end kill switches just borrow a little bit of time but does nothing if it's towed, a GPS locator hidden somewhere in or on the car is the only way you're protected or just about guaranteed you'll get it back. Not saying don't have the switches though, gotta have something on it to entertain the thief and hopefully prevent a joy ride and/or mechanical abuse.

Mangrum
10-23-2007, 05:53 PM
thanks yall appreciate it

jdm_91crx
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
if your car is crappy don't bother using a kill switch, on the other hand, hide it under the car, no one will know or find it...

AnthonyF
10-25-2007, 09:09 AM
up ur ass is a good location. :)

an0therh22
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM
if your car is crappy don't bother using a kill switch, on the other hand, hide it under the car, no one will know or find it...hide the switch under the car? man where do you guys get these ideas. why not just take the ecu out everytime than. haha under the car. that made my day

quick release > kill switch.

bb4pimp
10-28-2007, 12:26 AM
how does the switch work?

AnthonyF
10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
^^ this man is always thinking, I like that.

no, that man is smart :)

speedminded
10-28-2007, 12:35 PM
how does the switch work?An engine only needs air, fuel, and spark to run...you take any of of those variables away and there is no way for it to run.

A switch for the fuel pump prevents the fuel pump from coming on when the ignition is turned on and when the car is cranked. No fuel, no start.

You can do a battery cutoff but unless you have the memory wire on your head unit bypassing it you'll have to reset your radio stations every time you get back in the car (PITA). Also need the alarm bypassing it or it won't work :slap: The next best thing is a switch between the battery and starter that will keep the engine from turning over OR switches on the main ECU harness.

I've thought about building a butterfly valve to go in the air intake to prevent air from getting to the intake manifold, it would be just like a throttle body but with an electrical servo/motor on it to open/close it.

BUT again, none of this prevents a car from being snatched with a rollback.

bb4pimp
10-28-2007, 01:02 PM
^^^^ thanks, i also wanted to ask, on ebay i saw one for my 94 prelude it said something about how it connects to the ecu, where exacally does it go on the ecu

bb4pimp
10-28-2007, 01:03 PM
and how does the start button work, how do u use it