PDA

View Full Version : scratching sound from my wheels

osiriskidd
10-19-2007, 12:22 PM
while driving under 20 i don't hear it, but when i get to 40+ i get a scratching sound from my passenger side. sounds like its in the front, but when i go over bumps it'll go off when my back tire hits the ground.

it'll also stop/start with bumps, as well as turns.

i was told by a friend it was a bad wheel bearring, but it might be something worse or to a lesser extent. any ideas?

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 12:29 PM
while driving under 20 i don't hear it, but when i get to 40+ i get a scratching sound from my passenger side. sounds like its in the front, but when i go over bumps it'll go off when my back tire hits the ground.

it'll also stop/start with bumps, as well as turns.

i was told by a friend it was a bad wheel bearring, but it might be something worse or to a lesser extent. any ideas?

first thing to do is jack the car up and take a good look. If you're lucky you might just have something stuck in your wheelwell

osiriskidd
10-19-2007, 12:46 PM
first thing to do is jack the car up and take a good look. If you're lucky you might just have something stuck in your wheelwell

will do thanks

JITB
10-19-2007, 01:03 PM
while u got it up, see if your wheel wobbles, , but you will know eventually if its bad bearings, it gets worse quick and it gets louder

RandomGuy
10-19-2007, 01:31 PM
http://tinyurl.com/2wuptb

yoshidoshi12
10-19-2007, 03:04 PM
try brakes? my squealed for awhile.

does it sound like metal on metal scraping? could the brake indicator telling you to replace the pads.

SE-Rious1
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
if u have brake shields make sure none are touching the rotor