PDA

View Full Version : laying drag

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 04:26 AM
can someone give me the laws definition of laying drag. I slid on wet pavement and got pulled over for it. I know i didnt leave any tread marks since im on summer tires/front wheel drive/ and on wet pavement.

RandomGuy
10-19-2007, 04:30 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/tubular/archives/B.G.%2011-24%20adama%20in%20bed%20with%20Roslin.jpg

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 04:33 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/tubular/archives/B.G.%2011-24%20adama%20in%20bed%20with%20Roslin.jpg

did you keep this picture on hand for just this reason lol

Evil Goat
10-19-2007, 08:04 AM
i dont know....i got a warning in highschool for laying drag and was told at that time it was an automatic 6 mo suspension....how true that was or is now i dont know though

Init2winit
10-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Just go pay it. You will not win.

Leadfoot_mf
10-19-2007, 09:20 AM
you got off lucky laying drag is not a moving violation. the proper ticket would have been wreckless driving which would screw you.

next time you want to act like a retard in traffic make sure no cops are around to watch you.

Nemesis
10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Does it note the weather condition on the ticket?

PSINXS
10-19-2007, 09:36 AM
every ticket should note the condition. unless the cop purposely did not fill in that info. if it was wet, fight it.

XLR8NMR2
10-19-2007, 09:42 AM
NEXT TIME JUST LAY A DRAG DOWN AND RUN

Spyder
10-19-2007, 09:42 AM
They could have given you a break of traction ticket also. or a display of power charge...

Ruiner
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Heh, Neons...

The Ninja
10-19-2007, 09:47 AM
They could have given you a break of traction ticket also. or a display of power charge...

Or Power to Steering wheels ticket, or driving a neon....wait..what am I saying. What power?

XLR8NMR2
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
**** tha police
Comin straight from the underground
Young ***** got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

Evil Goat
10-19-2007, 11:58 AM
**** tha police
Comin straight from the underground
Young ***** got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

i wish they would kill you

§treet_§peed
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
hmmm were you doing somethig retarded or speeding or what exactly happened. atually i have gotten a reckless driving ticket before not that bad.. and i have another now form where i supossedly ran a red light

Thighs
10-19-2007, 12:13 PM
how did you get reckless driving from running a red lite? weird...
were u doing some dumb ass-dragging stunts or something? i do that too just never been pulled over for it.

if so just say u hydroplaned b/c of ur "summer tires" in extremely wet conditions.

fucksohc
10-19-2007, 12:15 PM

that made me LIRL!!! REPS

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
you got off lucky laying drag is not a moving violation. the proper ticket would have been wreckless driving which would screw you.

next time you want to act like a retard in traffic make sure no cops are around to watch you.

did you even read my post dumbass? I was not in traffic, the cop was not close to me and I slid on wet pavement.

yes the ticket notes rainy with wet pavement.

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
here is what i found on the law

40-6-251.
(a) No driver of any motor vehicle shall operate the vehicle upon the public streets, highways, public or private driveways, airport runways, or parking lots in such a manner as to create a danger to persons or property by intentionally and unnecessarily causing the vehicle to move in a zigzag or circular course or to gyrate or spin around, except to avoid a collision or injury or damage.

since It states rainy and wet pavement on ticket I'm fairly sure I can prove the lack of intent.

s13slider®
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
got in your same situation and got 1 year probation 30 hrs community service and about a 1300 dollar fine , and that was with a clean driving record.

KPowerEP3
10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I have to say, the best solution for this one: chalk it up as a learning experience and keep it outta boost in the rain.

Kyle
10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
For what reason were you spinning your tires? And if you were doing it, why shouldnt you pay this ticket?

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
For what reason were you spinning your tires? And if you were doing it, why shouldnt you pay this ticket?

I took a turn and slid. Recovered within a couple seconds, but apparently thats considered laying drag even though I didnt squeal,chirp or leave skids

live~sideway
10-19-2007, 09:49 PM
hope it doesnt stick. if it is and they measure its a hundred bucks a foot is what ive heard.

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
hope it doesnt stick. if it is and they measure its a hundred bucks a foot is what ive heard.

I appreciate the support and I know I didnt leave any skid marks I went and took pics to prove that.

Halfwit
10-19-2007, 10:19 PM
u domt "slide" as u call it driving normally, so u put it on yourself. be easy on the turns, u know hte traction you get.

§treet_§peed
10-19-2007, 10:29 PM
you were trying to drift lol

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 10:46 PM
you were trying to drift lol

ok ok you got me. I wanted the first drifting srt4.

live~sideway
10-19-2007, 10:50 PM
u domt "slide" as u call it driving normally, so u put it on yourself. be easy on the turns, u know hte traction you get.

depends what your defintion of driving normally is.:D

EssAreTwenTee
10-19-2007, 10:52 PM

your right, but where did I say driving normally. It was raining. I just put new tires on less than 2 months ago. It hasnt exactly rained much to let me know how they handle in bad weather.

ixlr8
10-20-2007, 12:33 AM
40-6-251.
(a) No driver of any motor vehicle shall operate the vehicle upon the public streets, highways, public or private driveways, airport runways, or parking lots in such a manner as to create a danger to persons or property by intentionally and unnecessarily causing the vehicle to move in a zigzag or circular course or to gyrate or spin around, except to avoid a collision or injury or damage.

Listen..... Attack the part of the law that say's motor vehicle. You drive an automobile as a passenger car for personal use. Motor vehicle is commercial use for business use. Look it up the difference between automobile and motor vehicle. There is a big difference ..... your registration says passenger vehicle on it.
If I were you I would fight it .

KPowerEP3
10-20-2007, 12:36 AM
40-6-251.

Listen..... Attack the part of the law that say's motor vehicle. You drive an automobile as a passenger car for personal use. Motor vehicle is commercial use for business use. Look it up the difference between automobile and motor vehicle. There is a big difference ..... your registration says passenger vehicle on it.
If I were you I would fight it .

eh try again.

40-1-1 states:

(33) "Motor vehicle" means every vehicle which is self-propelled other than an electric personal assistive mobility device (EPAMD).

.blank cd
10-20-2007, 12:44 AM
40-6-251.

Still attack the part that says Motor Vehicle...You drive a 3000lb soft tart candy with a hard colored shell, otherwise known as a Skittle. I would still fight it if i were you

secondgencamaro
10-20-2007, 01:07 AM
I am actually going in for that ticket on Monday. $108 plus court fees and 3 points is what I was told before I postponed the court date. Just plead no contest and pay it. If you don't have a lawyer you won't win. The court just wants your money so give it to them and learn from it.

P.S. My ticket was in Lawrenceville from a Gwinnett Co. Sheriff. I was turning to the left and gave it too much throttle and spun the inside tire (open diff FTL) for 8-12 feet. The car wasn't gyrating or zig-zaging, but the court isn't going to care so I'm not gonna even try to fight it.

WickedIXMR
10-20-2007, 01:10 AM
If you want to get a lawyer i know of a great lawyer that charges a 350 dollar flat fee for one court appearance.

Halfwit
10-20-2007, 01:26 AM
your right, but where did I say driving normally. It was raining. I just put new tires on less than 2 months ago. It hasnt exactly rained much to let me know how they handle in bad weather.
BAMO u deserve the ticket. dumbass.

u wont win. u can try, but when u still get found guilty, i want u to remember my name ringing in ur head as u exit court room. with wasted money.

KPowerEP3
10-20-2007, 01:40 AM
BAMO u deserve the ticket. dumbass.

u wont win. u can try, but when u still get found guilty, i want u to remember my name ringing in ur head as u exit court room. with wasted money.

:lmfao: :gay:

EssAreTwenTee
10-20-2007, 09:21 AM
If you want to get a lawyer i know of a great lawyer that charges a 350 dollar flat fee for one court appearance.

I may take you up on that. if the ticket only comes out to around $100 I'll pay it but douglasville likes money so it'll probably be more

WickedIXMR
10-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I may take you up on that. if the ticket only comes out to around $100 I'll pay it but douglasville likes money so it'll probably be more
If you need it pm me.